The future of Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes: Far From Its Heights, But Far From Dead

There has been a surprising amount of ‘net chatter in the past week about a rumor claiming NBC told the writers of Heroes to prepare for the end of the show. I have no way of judging the truthfulness of that, and there may be some other (unknown to me) factor that could take the show off the air. However, looking at the ratings, while the show is way down from its earlier years, considering that its on NBC, Heroes is far from being dead. It’s average, and networks don’t typically cancel their average shows, particularly ones that air at 8pm

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/03...rom-dead/32493

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Heroes: Far From Its Heights, But Far From Dead

There has been a surprising amount of ‘net chatter in the past week about a rumor claiming NBC told the writers of Heroes to prepare for the end of the show. I have no way of judging the truthfulness of that, and there may be some other (unknown to me) factor that could take the show off the air. However, looking at the ratings, while the show is way down from its earlier years, considering that its on NBC, Heroes is far from being dead. It’s average, and networks don’t typically cancel their average shows, particularly ones that air at 8pm

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/03...rom-dead/32493
      Intriguing. Although the thing about networks typically not canceling their average shows is somewhat untrue.

Comment

Probably will get cancelled at the end of this season. Most tv shows just as they are getting good, the networks seem to cancel them which i find annoying . Maybe dwindling figures is caused by adverts as i know of alot of people who watch online to avoid advertising which ruins the viewing experience (i know this can be why, shows get cancelled)

Comment

I think we'll get a Season 5 out of Heroes, and the network will make their decision based upon the outcome of that. It'll suck if they cancel it now, there is still so much they've got left to do with the show, and if they go and cancel it now, there is going to be so much left unanswered.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
            I think we'll get a Season 5 out of Heroes, and the network will make their decision based upon the outcome of that. It'll suck if they cancel it now, there is still so much they've got left to do with the show, and if they go and cancel it now, there is going to be so much left unanswered.
            Sadly, networks don't really care that much about that. Just their bottom line.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Sadly, networks don't really care that much about that. Just their bottom line.
              exactly, i mean look what happened to stargate atlantis...they left us at a cliffhanger and then promised us a movie which is looking like it wont be out for awhile...

Comment

At least with Atlantis, we know that there is a script for a movie. There was talk of doing a movie before Atlantis ever went off the air. If Heroes is to be canceled, I personally can't see a movie to come out of it, as much as I'd like one.

In an ideal world, every show that is on air, should finish up with a movie if they are ended pre-maturely.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                  At least with Atlantis, we know that there is a script for a movie. There was talk of doing a movie before Atlantis ever went off the air. If Heroes is to be canceled, I personally can't see a movie to come out of it, as much as I'd like one.

In an ideal world, every show that is on air, should finish up with a movie if they are ended pre-maturely.
                  Boy, wouldn't that be nice? If only.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wouldn't mind a season 5 but I could see them canceling it after this season. So far this season they haven't done anything with the story accept rehash the first season.

Spoiler:
                    Hiro is now going back in time so they can tell us the same story they already told us in season 1?

The first season of Heroes was amazing. Since then the writers have done everything in their power to ruin the show. I still enjoy the show, but it's so far down my list of shows that I wouldn't even care if it didn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                      exactly, i mean look what happened to stargate atlantis...they left us at a cliffhanger and then promised us a movie which is looking like it wont be out for awhile...
                      Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?

But Heroes seems to be dragging on a bit, I feel. Instead of watching episodes, I just read a plot summary. Sylar is the only character that seems remotely interesting, I find.

I am glad however, that it's given a few of the actors chance at a breakaway role, especially Zachary Quinto

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                        Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?

But Heroes seems to be dragging on a bit, I feel. Instead of watching episodes, I just read a plot summary. Sylar is the only character that seems remotely interesting, I find.

I am glad however, that it's given a few of the actors chance at a breakaway role, especially Zachary Quinto
                        cliffhanger wasn't exactly the right word to use, since the finale wasn't intended to be a cliffhanger...but the finale left us with alot of questions...

Comment

The show is dying, which is a real shame. If they wanna pick it up, they need to bring in some new blood with new powers. Stir things up a bit with Sylar getting his body back and stuff. Get back to the direction of the show they had in season one just without an american city going nuclear. Or maybe we have a load of people with powers planning to wipe out regular humans to make way for the new breed.

This whole thing with a loving carnival family that cares for you looking for recruits so far is suX0rz unless they're hatching the plan mentioned above which at least would be something.

Comment

I am along the minority, but I believe that Heroes is just as good right now as it was in the first season. However, based on my experience that has nothing to do with it getting cancelled
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                              Atlantis was pretty well wrap up compared to some other series out there, the worst that comes to mind is 4400, Odyssey 5, Defying Gravity, all left you on a cliff hanger.

As to this series, it the best since season 1, an in some ways I am actually liking it more than season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Atlantis was pretty well wrap up compared to some other series out there, the worst that comes to mind is 4400, Odyssey 5, Defying Gravity, all left you on a cliff hanger.

As to this series, it the best since season 1, an in some ways I am actually liking it more than season 1.
                                The most painful cliffhanger I have seen as of late was My Own Worst Enemy.

I really wish this show was doing better. I don't want it to go away after this season.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X