Dr. Rush/Dr. Lee ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Rush/Dr. Lee ?

I open this thread here because I was expecting answer on this subject in this episode, but they didn't came.

First, why Young didn't ask Jack if he had really put Rush in charge? I'm sure it is not entirely true, but I was expecting the subject to be brought up.

Also, how did Dr Lee react while he was in Rush body (and what did he do exactly) and why did they purposely avoid to show us anything about that?

Joe Mallozi was asked about that and here is his answer from his blog's mailbag:

Col. Mustard writes: “Something that I noticed about Air II while watching Air III, what was Dr. Lee doing in Rush’s body while Rush was in Lee’s?”

Answer: Yes.
    Is he avoiding the question? I'm just intrigued by this particular plot point and I would like to see what other fans have to say about it.

For me, it is either do on purpose for the future and very clever or just a question avoid for whatever reason. If it is the letter, I will be disappointed because something will be missing about the whole thing.

Was Dr. Lee awake when Rush used the stones? I can't remember.

If not that's gonna be my excuse for why we never saw Lee on Destiny or why no one has mentioned it. Rush made the swap and Lee remained asleep. If he wasn't, then I have no idea why they left that so questionable. I guess something else was going on since JM is avoiding the question. *shrug*
    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 11 October 2009, 03:56 PM.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, to be fair... was Rush standing up when he used the stones? or laying down?

If he was standing up, and used the stones... then Dr.Lee, being asleep, would have fallen to the ground in his body and would have awakened? Right?

I think this is just a plot hole TBH.

Comment

i think he misunderstood the question and thought you were asking íf' Dr Lee was in Rush's body while Rush was in Lee's.

I'd like to know the answer to this also, I doubt Lee would just sit and star at the walls while Rush was talking to O'neill.

Comment

Yeah, Lee was awake I'm positive.

As for Joe's answer, it was someone else who asked the question but I agree he might have misread it.

That said, I hope there is a answer to all of this in future episodes.

Comment

Dr.Lee doesn't really strike me as a sneaky type, or someone with a hidden agenda to do aboard the ship...

Comment

But in part 2 Dr. Rush in Walter Harriman body......
              Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Dr. Lee was definitely awake, he was holding some papers upright and reading it. Dr. Rush could have just locked himself in the room, and Dr. Lee wouldn't have had much time to figure out how to get out anyway.

Comment

I think half of the mystery has been clear up by Joe Mallozy latest mailbag:

Col. Mustard writes: “Col. Mustard writes: “Something that I noticed about Air II while watching Air III, what was Dr. Lee doing in Rush’s body while Rush was in Lee’s?”
                  Answer: Yes.
                  Of course! Now it makes complete since. I can’t believe I didn’t see that.”

Answer: Oops. I misread the question. I thought you were asking for confirmation that Dr. Lee was in Rush’s body while Rush was occupying his. No doubt Dr. Lee was checking out the immediate area Rush retreated to use the stones.
                  Guiguioh writes: “Is there a specific reason to use Dr Lee in the pilot, apart from a nice cameo purpose?”

Answer: Well, that and the fact that he IS one of the Stargate Program’s most trusted scientists.
                  So, the actions of Dr. Lee on the ship are irrelevant it seems. I'm still interested to know why Young didn't ask confirmation of Rush's claim about the person O'Neill put in charge.
                  Last edited by Guiguioh; 12 October 2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Why wouldnt Rush be put in charge?

Comment

O'Neill doesn't trust scientist and there is military personnel and an IOA representative on the base.

So maybe it is true, but when Rush announced it, a lot of people didn't believe him and as a viewer, I agree with them.

Plus, Young, when informed of the situation by T.J. said I quote: "I don't think so!" So I'm surprise he didn't talk about it with O'Neill.
                      Last edited by Guiguioh; 12 October 2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                        Why wouldnt Rush be put in charge?
                        Cause hes a civilian

Dr. Lee probably knew what was happening, since they knew what the stones did
                        He probably wouldve poked around like JM said, there wasnt enough time to do much else

Comment

Originally posted by Pat1487 View Post
                          Cause hes a civilian

Dr. Lee probably knew what was happening, since they knew what the stones did
                          He probably wouldve poked around like JM said, there wasnt enough time to do much else
                          i'd say that has less to do with it than the fact that he would have the least leading/organizational experience of all main candidates, his place would be best suited being in charge of all the science projects but under someone else.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            i'd say that has less to do with it than the fact that he would have the least leading/organizational experience of all main candidates, his place would be best suited being in charge of all the science projects but under someone else.
                            Well, Jack/the military would never put a civilian in charge when they are in a situation like that, and i mean that military personal would be better suited for command then a civilian

He could be lead scientist, it would make sense if he was lead scientist
                            But not leader of everything they do

Comment

I was really annoyed that they didn't pursue this anywhere. It was so obvioul=sly a plot hole, and that kind of thing always distracts me from the story, waiting for some correction. Dr. Lee would have taken the time to search as much as he could, he's a scientist and his curiosity would have been too great not to have reacted to the new surroundings. Also annoyed that no one has yet asked O Neill about whther or not it happened the way Rush said.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X