X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

So In the new behind the scenes video.

http://video.syfy.com/promos/behind_...-gate/v1141398

Young comes into the room where Greer is standing and says they are under attack and gives greer a gun and a vest and says

consider all charges dropped

So I guess this has to do with Greer's temper. Any opinions/speculation?

Thanks!!
    sigpic

It definitely has to do with his temper, I'd say. He probably did something either way out side the rules or insubordinate (or both), and he got in trouble for it. I wonder what the severity of it would be though. Hmmm.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

I read somewhere that

Spoiler:
      Lt Tamara Johansen is assigned by Col Young as ships councler or something as well as doctor and he orders her to find out why Greer has such a temper. I cant really remember what exactly he said but it was along the lines of askin her if she knew what it was like to die and and that it changes you.

Dammit I cant seem to find the website I read it on now
      Last edited by flossey; 07 August 2009, 01:27 PM.
      Ah…Colonel?
      It's my sidearm, I swear…
      [giggles]
      No giggling, please…

Comment

hmm yeah but in the interviews and stuff I hear Greer is disciplined, usually disiclipined marines don't do so much that they get
        Spoiler:
        charges pressed on them.....
        hmmmmmmmmm?!!???!
        sigpic

Comment

Discplined marines are no different then any other group. You have your crinimals and law abiding people
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Discplined marines are no different then any other group. You have your crinimals and law abiding people
            EHH, a uncontroable guy with a bad temper that made it to master seargent in like 6 years... from what I know about the marines, that would not happen, however I know little about Greer and his situation so I will reserve judgment till I watch the show.
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe Young said to Greer "Stop playing with your Guns" he threw a tantrum about it and was going to have him court marshalled.
              Tst

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                EHH, a uncontroable guy with a bad temper that made it to master seargent in like 6 years... from what I know about the marines, that would not happen, however I know little about Greer and his situation so I will reserve judgment till I watch the show.
                That happens to tons of people. Who knows when and what causes this bad temper to occur. All a CO cares about is that you do your job
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  That happens to tons of people. Who knows when and what causes this bad temper to occur. All a CO cares about is that you do your job
                  Unless their temper is a liability. Again, we haven't seen the show yet so I'm not assuming anything yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unless their temper is a liability. Again, we haven't seen the show yet so I'm not assuming anything yet.
                    I think it's been implied that he might be a bit hot-headed at the very least. His original name in the casting calls was Ron "Psycho", so they may not have done away with that aspect of his personality.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Dude there are no psycho marines just floating around. If you do have a temper issue, they break you down and build you up into an obiedient soldier. The marines don't tollerate hot heads who break the rules.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dude there are no psycho marines just floating around. If you do have a temper issue, they break you down and build you up into an obiedient soldier. The marines don't tollerate hot heads who break the rules.
                        You would be surprised. They are ways to slip through the cracks if you will. It alll depends on the kind of hot headness
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I hope they found out something creative for Greer. I would like to not see him as the "strong and very quiet macho guy", because his role would be similar to Ronon or Teal'c.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Did anybody notice that he's wearing desert camouflage? Maybe the parts that we've seen that take place on a desert planet are from before they leave for the destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I hope they found out something creative for Greer. I would like to not see him as the "strong and very quiet macho guy", because his role would be similar to Ronon or Teal'c.
                              Agreed, either that or doing a Ford and getting rid of him after a season because TPTB cant figure out to do with him. Back to topic now, I guess the only way to find out is to watch the show and see, although if he's really that bad I would have thought that he'd have been courtmarshalled some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X