Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A day in the life of an Earth ship (SGU,SGA,SG1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day in the life of an Earth ship (SGU,SGA,SG1)

So obviously it's the same old story in SGU.

A day in the life of the Uberpowerful Earth ship:

Monday - ships not ready and gets owned by a couple of vastly inferior flying turds.
    Tuesday - ship catches a virus and doesn't work at all.
    Wednesday - Humanity in dire need of ship but's unavailable of doing secret mission.
    Thursday - Nothing going on in the Universe so ship just sits there looking pretty.
    Friday - Ship security went to party at bar for happy hour and ship is infultrated/stolen by aliens. Everyone wonders how the FFFFF something like this happened.
    Saturday - Ship is armed with new even more bad*ssery weapons.
    Sunday - Ship encounter everyday alien they should own but low and behold the enemy also has new secret weapon that is even better and completely owns earth ship along with all it's sister ships. SG teams farts out a plan to sneek onto enemy ship and blow it up.
    Next Monday - Ship gets suprise attacked. Weapons have not been repaired from last shaty battle. Shields hold but wires, sparks, and stuff are falling from the ceiling. Rails guns shoot at bad guys and bounce of enemy shields. Then jump into hyperspace just for the FFFF of it.

Tuesday - show is canceled
    Wednesday - new SG show pilot with same uber powerfull retardedly underacheiving earthships.
    Thursday - and so on.

SGU feels exactly like SG to me.

"SGU feels exactly like SG to me. "

I really hope you aren't basing that on the way the Hammond performed. Is that all you watch STARGATE for? The BC-304s?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      "SGU feels exactly like SG to me. "

I really hope you aren't basing that on the way the Hammond performed. Is that all you watch STARGATE for? The BC-304s?
      Oh God NO! The 304's are the last thing I want to see....because they are pathetic.

I watch Stargate because I love Stargate.

And, since I've been watching for 12 years I reserve the right to complain about the 304's which sould be awsome but instead are lame.

I will no doubt be watching SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
        Oh God NO! The 304's are the last thing I want to see....because they are pathetic.

I watch Stargate because I love Stargate.

And, since I've been watching for 12 years I reserve the right to complain about the 304's which sould be awsome but instead are lame.

I will no doubt be watching SGU.
        on the contrary. 304's are massively overpowered. that's the crappy thing about them.
        travelling through the gate for only 6 years before they developed their first interstellar ship and 10 years for when they could destroy an ori warship........i'm sorry......the human race is not that clever. Granted we could understand the technology in time but not in the short time they had it.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          on the contrary. 304's are massively overpowered. that's the crappy thing about them.
          travelling through the gate for only 6 years before they developed their first interstellar ship and 10 years for when they could destroy an ori warship........i'm sorry......the human race is not that clever. Granted we could understand the technology in time but not in the short time they had it.

Yes absolutely. BUT, the now dead Assgard gave us the junk. So what if Yoda gave you his light saber? It's still a bad*ss sword no matter who holds it....granted a Jedi can turn an army into shreaded wheat with it. You could still slice through stuff and melt steal bulkheads with it. So either way, it's the pinacle of sword technology. My point would be something like this.....a gang of midget dudes break into your house so you see oportune moment to not simply kick their a**es but to instead do it in a grand fashion with your awsome light saber.....saving time, energy, and look very cool. So you grab your light saber and the on button doesn't work. Or the midgets pull out upgraded lightsaber they are not suposed to have. Or maybe you left it at your gram-gram's house so you're screwed. This is the anthem of SG Earth ships. I'm over it!

Comment

Yes absolutely. BUT, the now dead Assgard gave us the junk. So what if Yoda gave you his light saber? It's still a bad*ss sword no matter who holds it....granted a Jedi can turn an army into shreaded wheat with it. You could still slice through stuff and melt steal bulkheads with it. So either way, it's the pinacle of sword technology. My point would be something like this.....a gang of midget dudes break into your house so you see oportune moment to not simply kick their a**es but to instead do it in a grand fashion with your awsome light saber.....saving time, energy, and look very cool. So you grab your light saber and the on button doesn't work. Or the midgets pull out upgraded lightsaber they are not suposed to have. Or maybe you left it at your gram-gram's house so you're screwed. This is the anthem of SG Earth ships. I'm over it!
            lol. an interesting analogy.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm over it!
              Then, dont watch SGU. your problem is solved! Now, how hard was that?

But i do agree with a few things your saying.. but tv shows NEED change. the show would have been canceled a long time ago if we didnt have ships. it would have been "go though the gate, steal a ship, ship blows up and repeat the process." This way the show lasts YEARS longer.

Comment

Not that I want Earth to win every battle. That would also be lame. And I really don't mind systems being down or needing to make a quick hyperspace getaway. But can we please do it in a cool way??!! All the peices are in place. We only have what.....4 ships? Not like we can defend the universe with that. Atleast make it seem that enemies know the SH*T is gonna hit the fan when they come up against our tiny little fleet. Have all systems functional all the time and instead of throwing 3 ships at us throw 40....then the planet explodes so we have to jump away. It's so retarded to not see the 304's systematically pick off enemy ships like flies. But one ship can only do so much at one time.......so in the mean time.......some enemy ships get through to whatever they are attacking (Iccarus). Doesn't that sound very do-able and better than 3 hataks and oh pooh our laser beams aren't installed??? The story still works the same it is just much more bad*ss. Kinda like the Ancients vs the wraith. I'd love to see one of those battles. 20 hives vs one Ancient Orion (or whatever it's called). Talk about a display of awsomeness....but still have to jump away.......even though there's only a few hives left amongst the carnage.

Comment

So obviously it's the same old story in SGU.

Tuesday - show is canceled
                  Wednesday - new SG show pilot with same uber powerfull retardedly underacheiving earthships.
                  Thursday - and so on.

SGU feels exactly like SG to me.
                  Friday - We secretly switched the USS Hammond's shields and hyperdrive with those from a Tel'tak. Let's see if anyone notices.
                  Saturday - Sam spent a night late out in town, forgot where the shiny red button was for their new weapons.

On a serious note.
                  Q: What happens if Earth's small fleet is on par with a Hive, Ori mothership, or even a Ha'tak.
                  A: We lose.

Without a leg up in technology any 1v1 encounter will be a flip of a coin. Chances are our few ships will be outnumbered considering two galaxies (if we go back to Pegasus).

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                    Without a leg up in technology any 1v1 encounter will be a flip of a coin.
                    Yup, remember the early days of "Prometheus" i.e. "when Tel'tac appears in front of you, run for your life!"
                    That was one ugly ship with craptech on it. But we still loved it like- jeez, we have a ship now! Everybody in Milky Way laughed at it but we were proud!
                    I agree that our ships should be better than Jaffa of Lucian Alliance ships but not like 1 ship could take 20 Ha'taks. I'd be happy if one ship could take like 4 of them out and I hope Air 1-2 performance from Hammond was so bad because they had not only look after the base fighters and take out Tel'tacs and gliders but also try to beam up people from base at the same time shooting at Ha'taks and maybe not having Asgard core installed on the ship.

And there are 5 of our F304s at the moment, not 4 as one previously mentioned.

USS Odyssey
                    USS Apollo
                    USS General Hammond
                    USS Daedalus
                    PRCS Sun Tzu
                    Last edited by latvian_stargatefan; 06 October 2009, 02:26 AM.
                    - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

As has been said already, this show takes place very shortly after Enemy At The Gate, when the Hammond wasn't finished. It stands to reason that it wasn't completed, but it was the only ship that was available after Enemy At The Gate.

I expect the last thing to go into a ship are the advanced Asgard systems.

Comment

I think it is believalbe that the 304's are that powerful, as from series 8 we know the Asgard were actually helping to build them. TPTB should've have balanced the power of the 304's with one flaw in their design, power generation. The 304's were not designed for intergalactic travel originally, or to carry APBW and all the other advanced tech they keep being upgraded with. If the 304's could only be used operationally for a certain amount of time it would make them more realistic. Remember the 304's use naquadah as a power saource and yet they are still more powerful than hat'aks.
                        Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Maybe the reason we only saw 3 Hataks was because the Hammond destroyed the rest?

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Maybe the reason we only saw 3 Hataks was because the Hammond destroyed the rest?

I like this.

I'm going to pretend that's what happened.

Comment

Ok I Think its clear to us superfans that the Hammond was not ready for battle. BUT they shoud've put a line in about it not being complete or whatever caused it not to preform to 100% ability. The base still would have been destroyed if they showed 2 ships concentrate fire on Hammond while 1 made a "suicide" run on Ica base.

Comment

Working...
                              X