This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ancients make the Goa'uld?

I was thinking, the virus kills humans and Ancients that the wraiths released, but as we have seen the Jaffa are not effected because of their symbiote. So the thought occured to me that it is odd that the Goa'uld are almost like the Ancients. The Ancients did not need hand devices, healing devices, sarcophagii, probably ships for that matter, they had all the abilities of their technology biologically within themselves. So why did they create all the pointless technology that is out there that the Goa'uld copied? I think that they rigged the whole deal. They gave the Goa'uld naquada in their blood and laced world after world with technology that would be useless to themselves, but very useful to the Goa'uld. Why, you might ask? Because as long as humans had Goa'uld amongst them the virus could not wipe them all out.

I don't know though, it is full of holes, like that Ra didn't discover humans until much later. I figured I'd just throw that one out there and see what you all think about it. Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, I guess I've missed something. Someone please remind me who the "wraiths" are???

I searched the Omnipedia but didn't find anything.
    "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

the Wraith are a race that may appear in SG: Atlantis ( I think)
      Last edited by KorbenDirewolf; 12 May 2004, 01:00 PM.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Ah. Okay.

I'm trying to stay in the dark about Atlantis so that I can form a, somewhat, unbaised opinion when it aires. Which of course is why I didn't know who they were.
        "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Whooooow whoooow guys ... are we missing something? something like this
          Aight?

Comment

Originally posted by Aesir_Asura
            The Ancients did not need hand devices, healing devices, sarcophagii, probably ships for that matter, they had all the abilities of their technology biologically within themselves. So why did they create all the pointless technology that is out there that the Goa'uld copied?
            I don't know about the hand devices, but the Ancients did not create the sarcophagus. The Goa'uld themselves did, although it was based on Ancient technology.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

"I was thinking, the virus kills humans and Ancients that the wraiths released"

Who said that the Wraiths created the Virus.............you just assume that............so one more plot hole..................
              http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

No they did not
                The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Wasn't there a whole debate on this already on the old forum? Here we go again.

Spoilers, various eps (S6 & S7)....

I don't think that the Ancients created the Goa'uld, because in a certain episode (sorry, can't remember the name), SG-1 gated to a planet that Daniel guessed was the original homeworld of the Goold, since they found fossils and those Goold didn't have any naquada in their system.

Is it possible that they (= Ancients) added the naquada, I guess that would make sense. Just because the Ancients could heal themselves doesn't mean that they didn't need tech that could perhaps do it better? Did you see Aiyanna and Jack after they used their healing powers? They were beat. Our bodies can heal themselves and fight off infection, but we have medical procedures and medicine too.
                  Perhaps the Ancients left their technology laying around so that others could benefit from it?
                  Anusbis3355, how do we know that they didn't ?
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I was thinking, the virus kills humans and Ancients that the wraiths released, but as we have seen the Jaffa are not effected because of their symbiote. So the thought occured to me that it is odd that the Goa'uld are almost like the Ancients. The Ancients did not need hand devices, healing devices, sarcophagii, probably ships for that matter, they had all the abilities of their technology biologically within themselves. So why did they create all the pointless technology that is out there that the Goa'uld copied? I think that they rigged the whole deal. They gave the Goa'uld naquada in their blood and laced world after world with technology that would be useless to themselves, but very useful to the Goa'uld. Why, you might ask? Because as long as humans had Goa'uld amongst them the virus could not wipe them all out.

I don't know though, it is full of holes, like that Ra didn't discover humans until much later. I figured I'd just throw that one out there and see what you all think about it. Thanks for your feedback.
                    No. The Goa'uld evolved on a planet that happened to have a stargate. Once they learned to work it, they left and started stealing whatever technology they could, including whatever they could find from the Ancients since they were dead or ascended by then.

When the Goa'uld join with a host they gain all the hosts knowledge, which makes it easy for them to take technology.
                    Last edited by Lugal; 12 May 2004, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I doubt the Ancients created the Go'auld, but I reckon there's got to be some kind of history there. If you think back to maybe the Fifth Race, Thor said about something how the Asgard were friends to all except the Go'auld who were their mortal enemies. If you ask me, someone has unresolved issues...
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

Goa'uld are these parasitic snakes...so why would ancients make them, huh? the sound of this question answers the question, NO!!!... Goa'uld are different race, and because they are parasitic the still stuff...and those technologies prolly were not copied just from the ancients...there might be some other races...or may be they made some stuff themslefs...and then think, Ancients were not always like they are NOW!!! soo....yeah

Comment

Interesting theory but quite a bit of a stretch. It is possible but I just don't see it.
                          -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                          -Jack O'Niell

Comment

I can't believe it, that is the exact thought, I have been having for a long time now. It would explain quite alot, even to the point that Anubis found out how to ascend but the Ancients knocked him back...Rather like parents of a rebelious child saying: "You are grounded, go to your room..." heehee
                            Thank you for putting it so succinctly?
                            THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                            AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                            AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
                              "I was thinking, the virus kills humans and Ancients that the wraiths released"

Who said that the Wraiths created the Virus.............you just assume that............so one more plot hole..................
                              Err...didn't you read the Stargate: Atlantis synopsis. jees
                              THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                              AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                              AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Working...
                              X