X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate (1994 movie) Blu-Ray release

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7016539064

Stargate original movie on Blu-Ray

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - The film that inspired three television series and two movies will be celebrating its 15th anniversary with a special edition Blu-ray Disc. "Stargate: 15th Anniversary Edition" will be released on October 27 in stores.

The 15th anniversary edition will include both the theatrical and extended cuts of the film in newly remastered 1080P High Definition 16 x 9 widescreen with English 7.1 DTS-MA Audio. It will also include three new featurettes, a gag reel and an interactive trivia track.

The new edition of the film is being released to coincide with the new television series, "Stargate Universe" that will premiere on the SyFy channel in the fall.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz0SVqeK2M8

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

Originally posted by prion View Post
    The new edition of the film is being released to coincide with the new television series, "Stargate Universe" that will premiere on the SyFy channel in the fall.
    Ooh talk about rubbing salt in the wound

(Devlin)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Ooh talk about rubbing salt in the wound

(Devlin)
      Devlin didn't want to make any more Stargate, so he gets to feel the consequences
      You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
        Devlin didn't want to make any more Stargate, so he gets to feel the consequences
        Huh? He wanted to(he had a trilogy planned) but the studio went bankrupt and the rights to Stargate got sold to MGM.

Comment

Nah, he had the rights and sold them to MGM. He dug his own grave on this and now all he does is whine about it.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just watched the new trailer on the the GateWorld front page for the Blu-Ray release and although the trailer sucked kinda bad, its making me consider picking up a Blu-Ray player just for this movie (and District 9, when released ).

Just need to know a few things first because i'm kinda a 'completist', lol.
            1. Does it have all the special features from this DVD release?

2. What about the features from the region 1 2-DVD edition?

3. Same question applies with the Austrailian 2 disc edition?

4. Will it be avaliable in the UK?

5. If no to question 4, are Blu-Ray discs region coded like DVDs?

Yes, I have those DVDs mentioned above purely because all the special features are not avaliable on one release (I love the movie that much, lol), no I don't have a Blu-Ray player so that explains my lack of knowledge about the format.
            Last edited by Billz; 07 October 2009, 02:50 PM.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
              4. Will it be avaliable in the UK?

I can't speak to your other questions, but Blu-ray discs are most certainly region-encoded. It's not the same as the DVD region coding, but it is similar:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bl...s_with_key.png

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                Some are, some are not. This one will probably be region free.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I dont have a Blu-Ray yet, but this will probably be one of my first discs.

Comment

Working...
                  X