Your First Episode of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your First Episode of Doctor Who

I was just pondering the other day which was my first ever episode.

I used to think it was Doctor Who and the Silurians but after browsing a bit today on YouTube I think it might have been Spearhead from Space. I distinctly remember this bit but not much more, as I was probably crouched behind the arm chair terrified. Well I was only four. That part reminded me of the shops near to where we lived.

Oddly, even though it frightened me to death and my (flared) trousers were in danger every week, I still had to to watch it.

So which was your first ever episode and what did you think of it at the time?

My first ep was Rose. But then, I'm here in the States and of a younger generation that didn't get to stay up and watch classic Who on PBS back in the day. I've watched everything I could since.

I was looking forward to seeing another show - Stargate was on hiatus I think - and was just blown away by the creepiness of mannequins coming after you. Loved it!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

probably "Rose"... but it might have been the Paul Mcgann Tv Movie or the first Peter Cushing Movie, can't quite remember.
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

hmmm. I know it was one of peter davidsons stories but it was only like one part of it so I don't know which one it was. Probably saw the most of his though. In terms of a full story that I actually fully understood and enjoyed then it was most likely the Paul McGann Movie and World War 3 of the new show.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The one that featured that slug-alien which was an actor wrapped in bubble wrap spray-painted green... I've no idea what it was called (I was quite young), but that image has always stuck with me...

Comment

I think that could have been The Ark in Space

Looking back I often wonder why I was so petrified of such things. But I was. I suppose watching Andy Pandy and Play School didn't really prepare me for Doctor Who.

I was really amused lately to find that the "Horror" in the Horror of Fang Rock was actually a large green boiled sweet.

Comment

"Partners in Crime."

I'd seen a few episodes before that, but it's the one that got me into DW.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
              Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                I think that could have been The Ark in Space

Looking back I often wonder why I was so petrified of such things. But I was. I suppose watching Andy Pandy and Play School didn't really prepare me for Doctor Who.

I was really amused lately to find that the "Horror" in the Horror of Fang Rock was actually a large green boiled sweet.
                Lol. Yeah but it was an awesome boiled sweet. We need to have the Rutons back to fight with the sontarrens like they should be doing.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I watched the very first episode back in 1963 (I think) as a little girl and spent most of the time hiding behind the sofa 'cause it was so scary!

I've loved it ever since!

Comment

The First episode I remember is the Mind Ripper, I only saw half an ep later I caught some 4th Doctor episodes
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I don't have a clue what my first episode of Classic Who was, I was little and we weren't able to watch it often b/c of the channel it was on. I know I loved it though which is why I was turned into "Rose" when it aired and have been watching ever since (and of course, went back and got caught up on all of the classic stuff as well.)
                      sigpic

Comment

I orginal thought Rose was the first episode I seen, being in the usa in all they don't play too many classic doctor who re-runs, however after seeing the DW made for TV movie(paul McGann as the Doctor) I realized I had see it before when I was about 7 or 8 on scifi. And I can very clearly remember my thought about seeing my first Doctor who. I was oh so confused! I didn't understand how he live after being shot or why he was a different person, and I didn't understand the box(TRADIS) at all. I watched the whole movie hoping I would get some answer, but nope, it ended and I thought what a strange movie.
                        sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

first eppy i saw was the second season one with the Werewolf
                          sigpic

Comment

Tooth and Claw.....my first full episode was Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Tooth and Claw.....my first full episode was Rose.

I heard it had a werewolf in it and I was like, "Ooh Kewl." Course then I didn't go outside the rest of the night and what not cause of my imagination and the fact that the were wolf looked really really really real.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X