The End (504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    /\ What Switch said, that was my understanding as well. Here's what they said on the phone at the beginning of the ep:

Cas: "I’ll be there immediately.”
    Dean: “Whoa whoa whoa, no no no. Come on man, I just drove like sixteen hours straight. Okay? I’m human. And there’s stuff I gotta do.”
    Cas: “What stuff?”
    Dean: “Eat, for example. In this case sleep. I just need like four hours once in a while, okay?”
    Cas: “Yes.”
    Dean: “Okay, so you can pop in tomorrow morning.”
    Cas: “Yes.”

So Cas was supposed to come to the motel, and as Switch said, while the camera was on Zach he must have swooped in (there was that fluttering sound), realized the situation in a split second, touched Dean and took him away with him.
    No no no no. You misunderstand me. I GET that he was SUPPOSED to pop in to meet Dean anyway! Someone else asked about the convenience of Castiel showing up in the nick of time when the ep originally aired. And I was one of the ones that brought up this same exchange between Dean and Cas at the beginning, saying that I didn't think Cas popping in was too convenient, because it was what he and Dean had agreed to. What I don't see is where Cas could have come in and touched Dean without Zachariah seeing him, because Zach was staring Dean down at the time. And my question was: do the angels have to physically touch someone to relocate them or no? If not, then Cas could have been standing behind Zach when he popped in. And that's why Zachariah whirled around that direction when Dean disappeared, to see if someone was there. But if they don't have to touch someone, then why in the other episodes, does it seem like it's required? And if they DO, then I'll just have to go back and watch the episode AGAIN and see if there is a second there where Zachariah turns away from Dean (how horrible, I'll HAVE to watch the episode again! ). Maybe he does turn away long enough for Castiel to show up next to Dean, see Zach, and reach out to touch Dean. If so, then forget everything I just said!

Still, not a big deal. I think it just popped into my head because I had just watched OTHOAP. There, we really don't see Uriel or Castiel touching Dean to move him. So I was curious if it was one of those 'cheats' that the writers use (sometimes touch, sometimes not) to make the story more dramatic. As incredible as Supernatural is about trying to make things consistent, even Eric and Sera have admitted that sometimes they will do things for story purposes that wouldn't track if you really thought about them, or compared them to other episodes.

Comment

Well because haven't seen anyone bring u this theory, may as well. What if the angels didn't leave but all died?
      Spoiler:
      We know from a later episode that Lucifer is trying to find the Anti christs and that they can nuke heaven. So is it really a stretch that he simply had them nuke heaven?
      In spoilers as they pertain to a later episode.
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X