Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Theory On Sayid ( Spoilers )

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    Sayid was wearing Horace's uniform... and he was dieing/ almost dead. In a few seasons back, when locke is looking through the corpses in the hole in the jungle, he searches through Horace's uniform for a paper. Is it possible, that since sayid was wearing his uniform, that the body locke finds is not horace, but indeed sayid?

That's what jumped out in my head when I saw that scene.
    Alright, I still like this thought...

Nothing on Lost happens just for the heck of it right? Everything has a reason.

In the previous season, season 4, in the episode "Cabin Fever", there is one scene that well I was watching this episode, reminded me about.

In Cabin Fever, Locke goes through a bunch of corpses in a pit in order to locate a paper that Horace had. Well he does appear to find his body, and gets the paper from his jacket... but after seeing this episode now, I wonder if that was really Horace's body he went through, or was it sayid? I personally think it was sayid now.

Although I can't really be sure until season 6 starts in a few months, I can tell you why I think this.

Throughout the show we're lead to believe that everything that happens is part of a bigger, overall picture. So every scene means something, no matter how small. In the case of watching lost, the littlest details can show you a lot.

In The Incident part 1, Jack and Sayid came up from the basement of Horace's house. They were looking for a way to sneak out of the camp without being detected, so they figured they could walk out wearing the uniforms and be undetected, Jack already had one on since he had been a member of there camp for sometime now. But Sayid didn't, so he grabbed the uniform that was closest to him... Which Happened to be Horaces. A random accident?

Here's a picture of the uniform before Sayid grabs it.

Spoiler:

Soon after he puts on the uniform, they try to escape the camp... but come under trouble when they are spotted. It the heat of the moment, Sayid is shot in the chest.

Notice the Uniform again?

Spoiler:

Throughout the rest of the episode, Sayid isn't in the best of shape... he even says a few times that he isn't going to live much longer.

That's where I think the rest of my idea falls together. I'm thinking that they don't change the future... and Sayid, not getting any medical attention, dies.

I think Sayid, being mistaken for a member of the Dharma initiative because of the uniform he is wearing, is placed in that pit we see in the season 4 episode, Cabin fever. Since they're in the past in this episode, and Cabin Fever takes place 30 years later, Sayid's body is decomposed when we see it... but it is indeed him.

Here a picture of the pit from Cabin Fever -

Spoiler:

Close of Picture of the body in the pit -

Spoiler:

So, I know that this theory that Sayid is the body we see in Cabin Fever has some holes in it, but what do you guys think?

I haven't heard anyone bring up this idea before, so I thought I'd put it forward.

We won't know until season 6 if this is true or not, but it's interesting to think about. I'm probably wrong, but I like to "try" and figure out the clues they throw at us

Interesting theory but could be shot down due to the fact that the 'purge' didnt happen for years after the 'incident' and it was the others who threw the bodies in the pit and not dharma
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
      Interesting theory but could be shot down due to the fact that the 'purge' didnt happen for years after the 'incident' and it was the others who threw the bodies in the pit and not dharma
      I know, I thought about this too.

I was thinking that if the bomb doesn't change the past, then the after effects are going to be pretty dramatic around the island for awhile. So I was thinking that the others went and rounded up some of the bodies that died and placed them in the pit to get rid of them. Perhaps this pit isn't the result of the purge... do they say otherwise in an episode?

I know Ben had a lot of respect for Horace, shown when he closed the eyes on his body after he died... I would have thought that he might have wanted to give him a proper grave someplace else.

Comment

It i a very cool theory, and I was compeltely convinced that you were dead right until Happy Meal pointed out the whole "purge" thing. Sadly it does make more sense for "Horace's" body to be Horace's, as he has a lot of those jumpsuits.
        I guess they simply have had to have taken Horace-labelled jackets since he was in the "Leader's House". Why do they always chose that house? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Chekov View Post
          It i a very cool theory, and I was compeltely convinced that you were dead right until Happy Meal pointed out the whole "purge" thing. Sadly it does make more sense for "Horace's" body to be Horace's, as he has a lot of those jumpsuits.
          I guess they simply have had to have taken Horace-labelled jackets since he was in the "Leader's House". Why do they always chose that house? haha
          Yeah, I really didn't think about the purge well I was writing this. Oh well, I'll have to give this some more thought

I'm convinced there is a connection somewhere here!

I was just thinking that if sayid does die, and the group travels back to the present somehow... then his body will be left in the past since you have to be alive to travel. So, I wonder what will become of his body then? of course, he might not die... I was just going off assumptions here

Comment

it is an interesting theory, the only problem is we know for a fact that Horace died in the purge alittle over a decade after the event's in the incident...we saw Horace sitting dead on a bench in a Ben-centric (cant remember name at moment) episode...since the purge hadn't happened yet, sayid's body wouldn't have been placed in the pit if he does truely die...
            Last edited by boyd22; 23 September 2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X