No announcement yet.

End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepping in here as a mod...folks, if someone didn't like it, it's their right not to like it. So please, no taking anyone to task for not liking some or all of the episode.

Just accept their opinion and move on
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if it was mentioned here or in the Oficial forum.
      But 1st time we see the Doc with Ash and she says her name, the image in Ash's eye is herself crying. Its like she's locked in. And we later see that she is when we see a glimpse of her trying to kill the doc.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
        But 1st time we see the Doc with Ash and she says her name, the image in Ash's eye is herself crying. Its like she's locked in. And we later see that she is when we see a glimpse of her trying to kill the doc.
        Yeah Suse had a pretty good catch in seeing that (she made this post on Sanctuary forum) ... I hadn't noticed it. I remember seeing it now. Good catch Suse and you may be right about the original Ashley being trapped inside the new Ashley... if that's so then there may be hope for Ashley at some point.

Also what ever the lab lady is using to control Ashley, the Sanctuary needs some of it!

Comment

Yes, I remember that. I wonder if this is a glimpse of what could be in the future. When I re-watched it again, I thought during the fight with her, her mom, Druitt and gang, that she didn't appear to really be trying to kill them. She let her dad go after she threw him out of the way and the same with Telsa. She could have very easily killed both. Yeah, she had her claws out at her mom, but I wonder if she would have stopped, like with the doctor earlier, if it would have gone further. You wonder if she will be able to take more control of herself in the future, if given the right means (drugs, emotional connection, etc.)

Comment

Good episode, awful car chase though, it was edited to make it look exciting but just failed, and I'm not sure I like those multi-screen segments like in 24!
            loved everything else, Ashley's eyes are creepy!! I bet the Essex girl is the key to the cure for them all. I can either see ash staying as powerful as she is, and either having to die or being released from cabal control, or being freed, but going back to being 100% normal. I honestly don't see that happening for at least 6 episodes. I hope they don't save everyone within the next episode that would be too soon.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

very interesting. if the 'real' ash is simply trapped, then she can be released and saved.

so maybe the new killer ash is like she's been goaulded. her real personality taken over and locked away and supplanted by the 'new' one

so, theories to fixing her...presuming they can catch her without getting killed themselves (a sure bet if they're talking season three )

they use the one essex girl to 'erase' ashley's gifts and rewrite her, like the cabal did to the others. but will or can helen make ash the way she was before or will she make her something 'better' or make her 'normal'

maybe that's the only way to save her is to make her a regular human

imagine ashley dealing with that

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Thanks, both of you.
                I remember them being nekkid, but never had that relationship vibe.
                Had to rewatch the season finale, and yes they kissed. But it got somewhat lost in the whole Ashley disappearing with the source blood thing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  Awesome! Awesome awesome awesome!!! I can't wait for the next episode. Funnily enough, I'm more excited about Sanctuary than SGU.
                  Absolutely agree with you. Loved the show even more than I expected. I have great optimism for the rest of the season.

So now I have Sanctuary to REALLY look forward to, while SGU is still on "hope it improves" status.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    very interesting. if the 'real' ash is simply trapped, then she can be released and saved.

so maybe the new killer ash is like she's been goaulded. her real personality taken over and locked away and supplanted by the 'new' one

so, theories to fixing her...presuming they can catch her without getting killed themselves (a sure bet if they're talking season three )

they use the one essex girl to 'erase' ashley's gifts and rewrite her, like the cabal did to the others. but will or can helen make ash the way she was before or will she make her something 'better' or make her 'normal'

In my opinion I don't think Ashley will ever go back to normal. I think how the Cabal is controlling her hopefully can be fixed.

I much prefer they try to do damage control and reclaim her mind, her self control, her own instincts which seem to have been altered. I think the gifts themselves will always remain and Ashley has to come to terms with it ... if she can. I think it's a long process given what happens in the next eppy.

My question is how did they know how Ashley would be able to sustain all these changes? Does Helen and John's altered blood make Ashley more accessible to these procedures since the source blood is already running through Ashley's veins due to her parents? If that's the case then are the carbon copies much easier to kill/stop - well once they figure out how to do that.

Comment

The fallout from being what the Cabal made her would be enormous.

But wasn't Ashley normal - as normal as a gal can be raised where/the way she was before the Cabal started messing with her? At least the genes were dormant, she had never jumped before and she was too young to know if she got a dominant anti-aging gene.

I'm not so sure she isn't gone. The Cabal sure thinks she is. That last shot was supposed to totally remake her. Poor Ash. She's moved to the Dark Side.

ETA: What Ann said.
                      suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

That would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i wonder if ash *really* heard her mother's voice? maybe some psychic connection? but if it is, was it always there, or something the cabal was doing to her?

or, it's what ashley 'wanted' to hear... this is sad!
                          That would be interesting, but I took it as part of her resistance to what they were doing to her. Her connection to who she is being tied to her mom?

Overall, I thought the episode was good if not earth shattering. Of course the buildup of the big wait tends to set expectations high.
                          As always I loved the Helen moments.
                          I loved her ruthlessness in the interrogation scene.
                          Spoiler:
                          "get used to sitting more."
                          Chilling. And then her
                          Spoiler:
                          desperation telling John to "take me back!" after the confrontation with Ashley

Great stuff.

I'm hopeful that Ashley is still in there somewhere & they can get her back maybe mid season. I would expect a long recovery fraught with story possibilities.

I'm looking forward to getting more coverage of the Bigfoot situation and hope Helen figures in here too. There seem to be some issues we have yet to learn about there.

Glad Tesla is still hanging around. I'd like him to be a periodic feature but don't want "too much of a good thing"--not a regular or anything--would diminish his impact.

Comment

i think they can make ash a normal human

remember what they did for those kids? rewrote their genes to make them blank slates, so they could be written over....have ashley's 'cloned' abilities put on them.

the same thing the cabal did to the other 5 is what the sanctuary crew could do to ashley to 'fix' her and they could use the essex girl as a template

sigpic

Comment

The way Ashley will maybe come back:

Spoiler:
                              "Those urges your feeling are entirely normal and they can be controlled...."I think that line is pivotal in that scene. Almost as if to let the fans know, these urges can be controlled. And maybe the crew, is going to have to figure that out, to save Ashley.

Spoiler:

Last edited by prsweety; 11 October 2009, 12:17 PM.

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                              Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

i think they can make ash a normal human

remember what they did for those kids? rewrote their genes to make them blank slates, so they could be written over....have ashley's 'cloned' abilities put on them.

the same thing the cabal did to the other 5 is what the sanctuary crew could do to ashley to 'fix' her and they could use the essex girl as a template

I'll have to watch the show again, but we don't know what age they were when they were being experimented on... I got the impression those kids were grown in a lab to get pure flawless DNA. We have no idea what the Cabal or whoever was working on the project had planned for the kids once they were born. Once Helen got involved, which was apparently after they had succeeded in developing the kids, she shut down the project and they became wards of the state - so they didn't have parents.

My thought is... the copies were born with flawless DNA and Ashley was born with Source Blood already in her DNA. They are very different genetic coding trying to accomplish the same outcome (super solider). I don't think reversing it would be the same. I think the copies would break down easier whereas the original would be like altering Helen, John or Tesla back to their normal state. One thing is for sure ... It will be interesting next eppy whatever they do!!

Comment

Working...
                                X