Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345 678 LastLast

Thread: End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned here or in the Oficial forum.
    But 1st time we see the Doc with Ash and she says her name, the image in Ash's eye is herself crying. Its like she's locked in. And we later see that she is when we see a glimpse of her trying to kill the doc.
    very interesting. if the 'real' ash is simply trapped, then she can be released and saved.

so maybe the new killer ash is like she's been goaulded. her real personality taken over and locked away and supplanted by the 'new' one

so, theories to fixing her...presuming they can catch her without getting killed themselves (a sure bet if they're talking season three )

they use the one essex girl to 'erase' ashley's gifts and rewrite her, like the cabal did to the others. but will or can helen make ash the way she was before or will she make her something 'better' or make her 'normal'

maybe that's the only way to save her is to make her a regular human

imagine ashley dealing with that

Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    Thanks, both of you.
    I remember them being nekkid, but never had that relationship vibe.
    Had to rewatch the season finale, and yes they kissed. But it got somewhat lost in the whole Ashley disappearing with the source blood thing.
    She's original...

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lordofseas View Post
    Awesome! Awesome awesome awesome!!! I can't wait for the next episode. Funnily enough, I'm more excited about Sanctuary than SGU.
    Absolutely agree with you. Loved the show even more than I expected. I have great optimism for the rest of the season.

So now I have Sanctuary to REALLY look forward to, while SGU is still on "hope it improves" status.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    very interesting. if the 'real' ash is simply trapped, then she can be released and saved.

so maybe the new killer ash is like she's been goaulded. her real personality taken over and locked away and supplanted by the 'new' one

so, theories to fixing her...presuming they can catch her without getting killed themselves (a sure bet if they're talking season three )

they use the one essex girl to 'erase' ashley's gifts and rewrite her, like the cabal did to the others. but will or can helen make ash the way she was before or will she make her something 'better' or make her 'normal'

In my opinion I don't think Ashley will ever go back to normal. I think how the Cabal is controlling her hopefully can be fixed.

I much prefer they try to do damage control and reclaim her mind, her self control, her own instincts which seem to have been altered. I think the gifts themselves will always remain and Ashley has to come to terms with it ... if she can. I think it's a long process given what happens in the next eppy.

My question is how did they know how Ashley would be able to sustain all these changes? Does Helen and John's altered blood make Ashley more accessible to these procedures since the source blood is already running through Ashley's veins due to her parents? If that's the case then are the carbon copies much easier to kill/stop - well once they figure out how to do that.

The fallout from being what the Cabal made her would be enormous.

But wasn't Ashley normal - as normal as a gal can be raised where/the way she was before the Cabal started messing with her? At least the genes were dormant, she had never jumped before and she was too young to know if she got a dominant anti-aging gene.

I'm not so sure she isn't gone. The Cabal sure thinks she is. That last shot was supposed to totally remake her. Poor Ash. She's moved to the Dark Side.

ETA: What Ann said.
    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    i wonder if ash *really* heard her mother's voice? maybe some psychic connection? but if it is, was it always there, or something the cabal was doing to her?

or, it's what ashley 'wanted' to hear... this is sad!
    That would be interesting, but I took it as part of her resistance to what they were doing to her. Her connection to who she is being tied to her mom?

Overall, I thought the episode was good if not earth shattering. Of course the buildup of the big wait tends to set expectations high.
    As always I loved the Helen moments.
    I loved her ruthlessness in the interrogation scene.
    Spoiler:
    "get used to sitting more."
    Chilling. And then her
    Spoiler:
    desperation telling John to "take me back!" after the confrontation with Ashley

Great stuff.

I'm hopeful that Ashley is still in there somewhere & they can get her back maybe mid season. I would expect a long recovery fraught with story possibilities.

I'm looking forward to getting more coverage of the Bigfoot situation and hope Helen figures in here too. There seem to be some issues we have yet to learn about there.

Glad Tesla is still hanging around. I'd like him to be a periodic feature but don't want "too much of a good thing"--not a regular or anything--would diminish his impact.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i think they can make ash a normal human

remember what they did for those kids? rewrote their genes to make them blank slates, so they could be written over....have ashley's 'cloned' abilities put on them.

the same thing the cabal did to the other 5 is what the sanctuary crew could do to ashley to 'fix' her and they could use the essex girl as a template

The way Ashley will maybe come back:

Spoiler:
    "Those urges your feeling are entirely normal and they can be controlled...."I think that line is pivotal in that scene. Almost as if to let the fans know, these urges can be controlled. And maybe the crew, is going to have to figure that out, to save Ashley.

Spoiler:

i think they can make ash a normal human

remember what they did for those kids? rewrote their genes to make them blank slates, so they could be written over....have ashley's 'cloned' abilities put on them.

the same thing the cabal did to the other 5 is what the sanctuary crew could do to ashley to 'fix' her and they could use the essex girl as a template

I'll have to watch the show again, but we don't know what age they were when they were being experimented on... I got the impression those kids were grown in a lab to get pure flawless DNA. We have no idea what the Cabal or whoever was working on the project had planned for the kids once they were born. Once Helen got involved, which was apparently after they had succeeded in developing the kids, she shut down the project and they became wards of the state - so they didn't have parents.

My thought is... the copies were born with flawless DNA and Ashley was born with Source Blood already in her DNA. They are very different genetic coding trying to accomplish the same outcome (super solider). I don't think reversing it would be the same. I think the copies would break down easier whereas the original would be like altering Helen, John or Tesla back to their normal state. One thing is for sure ... It will be interesting next eppy whatever they do!!

Quote Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    I'll have to watch the show again, but we don't know what age they were when they were being experimented on... I got the impression those kids were grown in a lab to get pure flawless DNA. We have no idea what the Cabal or whoever was working on the project had planned for the kids once they were born. Once Helen got involved, which was apparently after they had succeeded in developing the kids, she shut down the project and they became wards of the state - so they didn't have parents.
    I think the project involved modifying the DNA of orphans, so they weren't born with flawless DNA, their DNA was scrubbed to make them blank slates.

With regards to Ashley, Tesla was able to shock Druitt back to his senses, maybe the same can be done for Ashley? And Tesla is taking some kind of treatment to control his vampirism, so maybe they could do the same for her? It wouldn't 'cure' her, but it could help her control her new powers.

Lieutenant Colonel SamJackShipper93's Avatar

Of course none of us know exactly how this will turn out for Ashley. I'm really hoping that this procedure will be able to be undone, and if so, Ashley would be able to return to normal. Well, as normal as someone in her position could come. Obviously this is sure to haunt her for the rest of her life, but the whole premise kinda reminds me of Sam Carter's goa'ulding with Jolinar, and she was able to work through that.

Sig and avie by Oma-1.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    With regards to Ashley, Tesla was able to shock Druitt back to his senses, maybe the same can be done for Ashley? And Tesla is taking some kind of treatment to control his vampirism, so maybe they could do the same for her? It wouldn't 'cure' her, but it could help her control her new powers.
    I've thought this as a possibility, too. Especially.....

Spoiler:
    since in next weeks previews, it shows her trying to get through some sort of electricity shield. I wondered if this was something they do to try to get her out of her current state

I'm hoping they get Ashley back to her normal state, without all the powers. I think it makes more of a challenge for her and the team, if they don't all have superpowers to help save the day.

On another note, I think Dana (Cabal lady) looks much better this season. Her new hair-do makes her actually seem more approachable and softer (if that's possible!)

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned here or in the Oficial forum.
    But 1st time we see the Doc with Ash and she says her name, the image in Ash's eye is herself crying. Its like she's locked in. And we later see that she is when we see a glimpse of her trying to kill the doc.
    does anyone have an image of this?
    sally

what do you mean 'use' the essex girl to erase ashley's gifts and such?

this goes back to me having probs hearing things. i think i need to get my hearing tested.

(edited: wait, was this all discussed when helen and the gang were in that huge hall, talking things over? i was distracted by their surroundings, b/c i could see flaws in the green screen technique.)
    sally

Lieutenant Colonel SamJackShipper93's Avatar

What do you guys mean by "flaws in the green-screen technique"? A couple people have mentioned it.

Sig and avie by Oma-1.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Quote Originally Posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    What do you guys mean by "flaws in the green-screen technique"? A couple people have mentioned it.
    i only saw one flaw really, when they were all in that huge hall. and i say 'flaw', because it didn't look realistic behind them. (the walls, all the objects around and behind everyone when they were talking)

but it wasn't a big thing, it just distracted me for a bit. (because i don't remember any of the things they were talking about. stupid me )
    sally

Quote Originally Posted by antoa View Post
    Yes, it is the bestest Sanctuary scene ever! Though Ryan's hair looked awfully curly

"Uh Ryan, shouldn't you be typing or something...."
    Didn't it though?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well that was certainly the weakest of the shows I watch on Fridays. SGU was great, Clone Wars was terrific, Dollhouse finally had it's first good episode this season, and Sanctuary, well....

Ugh, what a letdown of a season opener. It was nice to see them finally use Vancouver as Vancouver, and that one of the 'perfect' people was named Martin Wood (), but beyond that, bleh. Slow pacing, annoying new character, John there as little more than a transportation gimmick, Tesla accomplishing little more than drinking wine, Bigfoot doing his annoying panting thing--really, not one of the characters was playing to their strengths. And it didn't even come off as desperation, it just came off as bad, boring, and uninteresting. And let's not even go into that stupid multicamera thing they tried out. God forbid they should ever do that again; I think it may finally have bested the infamous "xx hours earlier" as the single most annoying storytelling technique ever conceived.

I like Sanctuary. I was a bit bored with its first few episodes, but then there were some really awesome winners toward the end of the season that left me with bated breath and just dying for season two to start. But this season premiere was a real stinker, IMO. I hope next week is better.
    Sorry you were disappointed but glad you will stick with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Wake View Post
    I'm not a Sanctuary fan by any means, and have never seen an episode... but I have to say, the parts of this episode I did see... were bloody awesome !
    Hope you'll come back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    And I have to say, I'm insanely jealous (in a good way! ) that you guys got to see that scene being filmed. That's what I'll be thinking about during that scene when I rewatch this episode.
    That's sweet. Thanks. It's funny because with all the seriousness and angst in the episode, that's the scene where once Helen walks out of camera range we got the immediate transformation to AT doing a goofy catwalk thing and practically whacking me in the face with her hair.

There should be a scene in part 2 as well. Looking forward to seeing which version of what they shot will be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    *gasps* i wanna meet Chris!! i love him! lol
    He is a sweet man. You'll love him more when you meet him. Are you too far away to attend the Sanctuary Experience con?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    does anyone have an image of this?

It's not great quality, but here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ljscott View Post
    It's not great quality, but here it is.

Ohhh, thanks for posting this pic. It went by so fast originally that it was hard to tell. Thanks