Good God, Y'All (502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
    Indeed, that gotta be tough. And that´s probably why he wasn´t keen on letting "Michael" nab him, even though he´s a good guy. Well, I guess he is?
    Actually, that part surprised me a bit. Dean was always prepared at the drop of a hat to sacrifice himself for others. Now he's come round. I think the whole trust issue plays a major part here. He doesn't trust Sam anymore, he certainly doesn't trust Zach, and he just saw Bobby possessed... He must feel he's totally on his own, so he's not doing anybody any favors anymore. Well, there's Cas of course, but he's not very forthcoming either.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Interesting. I haven't been reading spoilers as of late.
    Spoiler:
    Sooner rather than later is good. I couldn't see it going on for too long...as them together is the heart of the show...but after seeing the preview for next week's ep, it seemed kind of ominous in regard to where Sam was headed...like oh great another woman telling Sam what he wants to hear....

As to that spoiler, I totally distrust Zach and his motivations. So he could just be screwing with Dean as usual.

Not really as I saw LR before I ever watched Season 2 or 3. I'm too spoiled by being able to watch the first 3 seasons on dvd within the span of two months. Sucked having to wade through repeats in order to see S4.
    This is the first season I'm watching live as well. The wait between eps is terrible. But still better than the summer...

Agreed. He still has that problem weighing him down just like any recovering addict would, but at least he no longer has Ruby whispering in his ear, and he isn't driven by revenge any longer, imo.

His direction this season will be more of his own choosing, or that's how I see it. Season one was all about finding John and dealing with his anger towards his father as well as getting revenge for Jessica and dealing with his guilt about her death. Season two was still about getting revenge...even more so now that John was dead. Three was all about saving Dean as his driving motivation. Season 4 turned up the revenge factor to eleven. I see that blinding factor as finally having been removed. Granted he still has a lot of stuff to work through, but he has more freedom of choice now to work himself out of that dark hole he helped dig. So if he continues to slide, not sure I can feel as sympathetic towards him...it could certainly be interesting to watch though. But I'll have to wait and see where the season takes us.

He may still have demon blood in him, but it's not controlling him, and it never did, imo. It was the feeling of power that corrupted the other kids as well as Sam. So to put it simply I want free will to ultimately win out over fate, but distinguishing between the two is so damn difficult on this show. The choices they make seem so pointless as they end up leading them to the same predetermined ending. It's like what the hell, why bother trying....which I'd say the characters have to struggle with now more than ever.
    Good point. He's tried one way and look where it lead him, so let's see what way he chooses next time. I like that they brought up the power issue, that it's the headrush of being stronger than other people that pushed Sam's buttons. I figure it's a result of growing up with two such commanding figures as his father and his older brother. He was the small and weakest one for so long, he's just dying to turn the page. First he did it on an intellectual level, but he had to give that up, now he'd found another way. You remember in Sex and Violence how he boated to Dean that he was stronger, smarter and the better hunter? That's where he wanted to be.

And yes, the writers are doing a great job of addressing this issue of free will vs. fate. The latter seems to be winning, but the story is not over yet. Again, Dean's refusal to be an 'Angel condom' is another attempt at having the boys determine their own destiny, let's see if he'll manage it this time.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Great Episode!

-Ellen, Jo & Rufus - great to see past characters back, hope they'll appear again.
      -Deans X-Ray - Cool
      -Amulet Twist!
      -Four Hourseman, well only just War, but heres hoping for the other 3!

Comment

Like I didn't already write enough , but I just wanted to add my two cents on comments made about Castiel and Dean (I was going to say this earlier, but my post was already too long).

I love the story arc of splitting the brothers up. Hate that it happened because it is so sad, but it makes for compelling television. BUT I too have concerns about the Cas/Dean show. It was the first thing that I thought of when they said they were making Misha a regular. I really loved the addition of Castiel and ADORE Misha, but I am leery of Castiel becoming the third Winchester, riding around with them week to week.

However, I too am willing to reserve judgement until I see what the writers actually do. I was VERY pleased with Castiel's role in Good God, Y'all. THAT is exactly how I would like him used. Like Bobby: an active presence, showing up for a purpose, used to showcase Sam and Dean's character.

So, so far so good with Castiel. And I will also wait until AFTER Sam and Dean get back together before I judge, because with them separated, that isn't going to be a true representation of how Castiel fits into their relationship. That make sense?

Oh, and this is also the first season that I have watched the show live as well. I watched seasons 1-3 in two weeks, and watched season 4 in reruns this summer. I am really enjoying it so far, because when I first got addicted, I read up everything I could about the show...and hence spoiled every major plotline before I saw it (i.e. I knew Dean was going to Hell before I even started to watch season 3). It is really cool NOT knowing where everything is headed. We'll see if I feel the same way during the long holiday hiatus shows take from November-February. That is going to be the true test of my willpower to avoid spoilers!!

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the sigil? I want to see it again, just out of curiousity.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
            Does anyone have a picture of the sigil? I want to see it again, just out of curiousity.
            Here you go, it's the clearest shot I could get.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks starg8fans, I didn't get a good look at it before. I kind of feel sorry for the doctors assigned to anything like THAT.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                Thanks starg8fans, I didn't get a good look at it before. I kind of feel sorry for the doctors assigned to anything like THAT.
                Personally, I was surprised that after seeing that the doctor's wouldn't have strapped Dean down and kept him locked up (calling the police, social services, and the National Enquirer) until they figured out how and why it had been done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  Personally, I was surprised that after seeing that the doctor's wouldn't have strapped Dean down and kept him locked up (calling the police, social services, and the National Enquirer) until they figured out how and why it had been done!!
                  Especially since there are no scars on Dean's chest that would have explained how it was done... But then, Dean can talk his way out of most situations, I'm sure he spun some yarn that had the doctors back off.

sigpic

Comment

P.S. I just thought of something else. Did anybody else think that War's ring looked rather similar to the one Dean is wearing? What if his ring actually belongs to one of the Apocalyptic Riders, and they'll come after it? I know this is far out, I mean what are the chances that both the necklace and the ring are supernatural trinkets. Plus War would probably have said something about it - unless he was about to when the boys grabbed him and chopped off his fingers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                      Especially since there are no scars on Dean's chest that would have explained how it was done... But then, Dean can talk his way out of most situations, I'm sure he spun some yarn that had the doctors back off.
                      "You know, one night I was really, really drunk and woke up with tattooing scars all over my back, but it was just the scars and no ink. My buddies laughed their asses off and said it was invisible ink. Looks like it's not so invisible to X-Rays."
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        "You know, one night I was really, really drunk and woke up with tattooing scars all over my back, but it was just the scars and no ink. My buddies laughed their asses off and said it was invisible ink. Looks like it's not so invisible to X-Rays."
                        Good one, Iolanda!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                          P.S. I just thought of something else. Did anybody else think that War's ring looked rather similar to the one Dean is wearing? What if his ring actually belongs to one of the Apocalyptic Riders, and they'll come after it? I know this is far out, I mean what are the chances that both the necklace and the ring are supernatural trinkets. Plus War would probably have said something about it - unless he was about to when the boys grabbed him and chopped off his fingers.
                          That'd be pretty freakin' sweet. Dean would be loaded down with all manner of supernatural paraphenalia and not even know it.

So, I really like War and I'm excited to see the other three horseman. Because he's not snarkily bad like the demons (God knows that got friggin' annoying after, oh, season two). He genuinely just has fun wreaking havoc. It's what he was born to do and he's waited millennia to do it and now he's finally allowed to. Great villain.

Comment

Working...
                          X