This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering from the back of the Stargate

What would happen if you entered from the back of the Stargate? Would you come out of the back of the opposite stargate?
    Add to rep if you like the pic.

The same thing if you were in the way of KAWAOOSH when an wormhole connects with the gate
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

i wouldn't recommend it, it could be hazardous to your health(death)
      sigpic
      Dr. Nicholas Rush: Ultimately, I control this ship.
      Watching:How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Glee, Fringe, The Mentalist, Castle, Sanctuary | Re-watching: SG1, SGU

Comment

You get reassembled with your head on backwards

Comment

If you attempted that you would probably be disintegrate as you went through. Or I could be wrong and you may be able to walk through to the front of the stargate but I find this unlikely. The other possibility is that the back of the event horizon prevents objects from going through it much like a force field does.

Comment

I convinced myself that what would actually happen is that because the wormhole is pushing matter energy in one direction, your body would dematerialize just like it would if you went in the right way, but because you aren't actually heading to the other stargate (wrong flow of energy) your body would be atomized and spread along the wormhole.

I think Teal'c once mentioned going through a gate from the dialed stargate and he said something like "His death was most unpleasant." so i think getting atomized would count there

Comment

I believe it would be a semi solid wall, that you couldn't pass through. You could probably put pressure on it and it would give slightly, like rubber. Rubber stargates... I know this has been discussed before.

We do know that entering the dialed stargate destroys you instantly (in 100 days, the MALP came through and was destroyed when it fell down into the stargate it came out of)

Comment

well seeing as its a one way wormhole between two gates, im suggesting that entering the wormhole from the back would probaly kill you, if it didnt why wouldnt that gate look the same on both sides.

Comment

How do you even know what is the back of the Stargate if you dont see the Kawoosh?Because both sides look the sam to me.SGC could've put their gate in the wrong direction the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Drobilo View Post
                    How do you even know what is the back of the Stargate if you dont see the Kawoosh?Because both sides look the sam to me.SGC could've put their gate in the wrong direction the first time
                    Maybe that explains where the other half of the team sent to Abydos that first time went

Comment

i meant the gate: the front is the one with the symbols on it and the red chevrons

and what do you mean the other half of the first abydos mission...everyone else was killed!

Comment

If you entered the gate from the back you would simply seize to exist, the same as if you got hit by the kawoosh.

Comment

No, I'm fairly sure its solid...

Comment

I always assumed you'd just die. At least it would be quick and painless.

Comment

This may be a stupid question but when a space gate is active how do you know which is the front and which is the back?

Comment

Working...
                              X