Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    Good answer and your right that the Alpha of the week plot could get boring, the red flag thing is interesting but at the moment it's a framing device for the Alpha of the week. Hopefully it will become bigger and give us a proper story arc later on.
    Yep , I'm also hoping they go into what might be going on at Binghamton more and maybe tie that into the Red Flag thing. I think getting more into that kind of stuff, would make the show more interesting long term, than just investigating suspicious deaths or crimes that are possibly being caused by random Alphas every week.
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 14 August 2011, 10:04 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Yep , I'm also hoping they go into what might be going on at Binghamton more and maybe tie that into the Red Flag thing. I think getting more into that kind of stuff, would make the show more interesting long term, than just investigating suspicious deaths or crimes that are possibly being caused by random Alphas every week.
      They better. It will get lame fast if every episode concludes with so and so Alpha being sent to Binghamton and that's the end of it. Actually this has been the trend in almost all the episodes so far. I hope its at least building up to something.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        They better. It will get lame fast if every episode concludes with so and so Alpha being sent to Binghamton and that's the end of it. Actually this has been the trend in almost all the episodes so far. I hope its at least building up to something.
        Any chance Rosen will send one of the team undercover into Binghamton to investigate what's going on there, not sure though as he seems to be in denial about what really goes on there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Heh thats what i say about Warehouse 13 and Warehouse 13 is good, this..... idk what this is, a poor mans Heroes(circa s2)???? IMHO i think i would rather have a season 5 of Heroes

However I'm sticking with it till the end of the season but if it doesnt improve im done
          I cannot stand to watch it... I gave it a try.. but guess I will just find other things to do... as they keep cancelling the best shows and putting shows on that I don't care for...
          I just can't see how this show will last,, unless people are so desperate they will watch the bad stuff left after all the godo shows were cancelled... so sad..

could the Gary character be any more annoying? (rhetorical).
          My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
            I cannot stand to watch it... I gave it a try.. but guess I will just find other things to do... as they keep cancelling the best shows and putting shows on that I don't care for...
            I just can't see how this show will last,, unless people are so desperate they will watch the bad stuff left after all the godo shows were cancelled... so sad..

could the Gary character be any more annoying? (rhetorical).

I figured this show to be a one or two season wonder. This being said, I looked up some info on their ratings:

"The pilot episode premiered with 2.5 million total viewers, scoring 1.2 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic and 1.3 million in the 25-54 demographic, making it SyFy's most watched debut in two years. Live + 7 day ratings for the series premiere updated those numbers to 3.6 million total viewers, scoring 1.7 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic and 1.8 million in the 25-54 demographic."

It seems that they are doing something right, so perhaps they'll be around for three or more seasons. Of course, since this is a SyFy program they could be cut to make room for re-runs of classic wrestling bouts between Bruno Sammartino and the Iron Sheik.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

I hope they have multiple recurring villains and rival organizations. Red Flag may not be that dangerous. There could be big organized criminal organizations like the Triad and the Yakuza that use Alphas to commit crimes. Corporations could use them for industrial espionage. Other countries that use Alphas as spies or soldiers. Maybe the whole reason why Binghamton exists is to counter programs by hostile nations meant to train an army of Alphas for the purposes of war and sabotage. Not to mention the fact that there could be individually powerful Alphas who could pose a big threat. Although I doubt that they'd make a character as ridiculous as Sylar. I'm guessing that if they have an Alpha that could steal powers, it would be someone like Rachel but instead they use their power to analyze and decode the genes that give Alphas their power and use some sort of gene therapy to give him/herself additional powers.

Comment

Eureka's Bruce Miller Replacing Ira Behr as New Showrunner.

Horrible news for Alpha fans in my opinion. I have nothing against Bruce Miller but I love the tone of Alphas very much and the storylines I don't want to see anybody else messing it with. Alphas as some kind of natural realistic grittiness to it. It's not overdone or anything and it still got humor but it's nothing alike Eureka which is a nice soft sci-fi comedy. Hopefully, he wont turn Alphas into Eureka in tone. I like Alpha the way it was. I thought second season was going to be great.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Ira is a great writer but he has made mistakes. He was the one who made Dukat into a one dimensional villain.

Comment

The first season of Alphas would good but lack depth of universe creation, Eureka is even worst not only does it lack depth of universe but depth to any of its characters.

But season1 of Alphas was always on the l path to improvement and season 1 was about establishing the characters, hopefully season 2 would have built upon the world these characters live in and the wider world. The last episode where Dr. Lee Rosenfinally grew a pair was brilliant. The only disappointing thing was the team nievity in staying in there headquarters and not going on the run and not reliesing there would be a response from the government.

I just hope miller do not dumb the series down.

Comment

Package art for season 1

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alp...-Box-Art/16999
                      sigpic

Comment

More news about season 2

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/05/28/alph...runner-speaks/

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/06/more...iller-sfx.html
                        An Miller interview

[Nina] will "go through a big transformation this season, as she leaves the team and kind of falls off the wagon, and goes into what we call a 'push spiral'. Her ability is that she can mentally dominate people, get you to do what she wants. She starts using that to a pathetic and deeply troubling level, going around and pushing her way through life until she ends up getting anything she wants; robbing banks, doing all sorts of things. Our team has to sort of rescue her from the edge of that. It's a character that's such a fantasy fulfilment, to get anything you want. But it means that nothing you have means anything. We get to see that, that she has nothing in her life that means anything to her. It's just emptier and emptier. The more she pushes the emptier it gets. We find a way to bring her back, and through this story she finds a new way to look at her life and a new way to look at her role on the team and the people in her life. It's a very big journey."
                        A love triangle really, after season 1 that the best they can come up with. An from the article it seems they are ignoring Rosen declaration of war against the government as well, which is what essentially did last year.

This is what happens when you change show runners, it seems Miller is intent on changing the show from it brilliant first season.

Round up for the first 8 episodes

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/05/spoi...rst-eight.html

season 2 photos

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/05/firs...s-and-new.html
                        Last edited by knowles2; 04 June 2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Some news on guest stars for season 2

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-more/140590/
                          sigpic

Comment

For the looks of it we can rest easy on the rumors that the storyline at the end of season 1 was not to be followed up given the current trailer of the upcoming season.
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Sadly I might have to miss the finale tonight, depending on how much work I get done in the next few hours. Of course, it would probably help if I got off Gateworld and got to work
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm an episode behind. I need to watch the other ep before I watch the finale. I didn't even realize that it was the finale tonight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X