Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2345 67 LastLast

Thread: Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Default Re: Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

I hope they have multiple recurring villains and rival organizations. Red Flag may not be that dangerous. There could be big organized criminal organizations like the Triad and the Yakuza that use Alphas to commit crimes. Corporations could use them for industrial espionage. Other countries that use Alphas as spies or soldiers. Maybe the whole reason why Binghamton exists is to counter programs by hostile nations meant to train an army of Alphas for the purposes of war and sabotage. Not to mention the fact that there could be individually powerful Alphas who could pose a big threat. Although I doubt that they'd make a character as ridiculous as Sylar. I'm guessing that if they have an Alpha that could steal powers, it would be someone like Rachel but instead they use their power to analyze and decode the genes that give Alphas their power and use some sort of gene therapy to give him/herself additional powers.

Eureka's Bruce Miller Replacing Ira Behr as New Showrunner.

Horrible news for Alpha fans in my opinion. I have nothing against Bruce Miller but I love the tone of Alphas very much and the storylines I don't want to see anybody else messing it with. Alphas as some kind of natural realistic grittiness to it. It's not overdone or anything and it still got humor but it's nothing alike Eureka which is a nice soft sci-fi comedy. Hopefully, he wont turn Alphas into Eureka in tone. I like Alpha the way it was. I thought second season was going to be great.

Ira is a great writer but he has made mistakes. He was the one who made Dukat into a one dimensional villain.

The first season of Alphas would good but lack depth of universe creation, Eureka is even worst not only does it lack depth of universe but depth to any of its characters.

But season1 of Alphas was always on the l path to improvement and season 1 was about establishing the characters, hopefully season 2 would have built upon the world these characters live in and the wider world. The last episode where Dr. Lee Rosenfinally grew a pair was brilliant. The only disappointing thing was the team nievity in staying in there headquarters and not going on the run and not reliesing there would be a response from the government.

I just hope miller do not dumb the series down.

More news about season 2

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/05/28/alph...runner-speaks/

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/06/more...iller-sfx.html
    An Miller interview

[Nina] will "go through a big transformation this season, as she leaves the team and kind of falls off the wagon, and goes into what we call a 'push spiral'. Her ability is that she can mentally dominate people, get you to do what she wants. She starts using that to a pathetic and deeply troubling level, going around and pushing her way through life until she ends up getting anything she wants; robbing banks, doing all sorts of things. Our team has to sort of rescue her from the edge of that. It's a character that's such a fantasy fulfilment, to get anything you want. But it means that nothing you have means anything. We get to see that, that she has nothing in her life that means anything to her. It's just emptier and emptier. The more she pushes the emptier it gets. We find a way to bring her back, and through this story she finds a new way to look at her life and a new way to look at her role on the team and the people in her life. It's a very big journey."
    A love triangle really, after season 1 that the best they can come up with. An from the article it seems they are ignoring Rosen declaration of war against the government as well, which is what essentially did last year.

This is what happens when you change show runners, it seems Miller is intent on changing the show from it brilliant first season.

Round up for the first 8 episodes

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/05/spoi...rst-eight.html

season 2 photos

http://www.alphastv.net/2012/05/firs...s-and-new.html
    Last edited by knowles2; June 4th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Some news on guest stars for season 2

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-more/140590/

First Lieutenant

For the looks of it we can rest easy on the rumors that the storyline at the end of season 1 was not to be followed up given the current trailer of the upcoming season.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Sadly I might have to miss the finale tonight, depending on how much work I get done in the next few hours. Of course, it would probably help if I got off Gateworld and got to work

I'm an episode behind. I need to watch the other ep before I watch the finale. I didn't even realize that it was the finale tonight.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/al...ncelled-26083/

Seems as if they are still deliberating on whether there will be a third season or not.

Captain

Based on how long Syfy dicked around with Sanctuary. Do not expect good things. Especially with such a long wait

Quote Originally Posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    Based on how long Syfy dicked around with Sanctuary. Do not expect good things. Especially with such a long wait
    I know.

I hope it survives. It was getting good for me.

Captain

This is my Alphas Video Montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUUc0wjCCfA

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...o-seasons.html

Syfy released the following statement: "Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas for a third season. We've been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television. We'd like to thank the show's dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support

Goddammit...The second I saw someone (Jelgate) had posted in this on the main page, I just knew it...And they left it like that. LIKE THAT...?!

Freaking SyFy. If it wasn't for Haven, Defiance (upcoming) and Warehouse 13 (though only barely after that half season) I'd quit watching.

I'm going to go swear in a corner...very profusely.

One less show I'm not going to watch...

I havent seen s2 yet but i Can't say i'm not surprised......
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; January 16th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Last Video Game Played
    Portal 2

well that disappointing, but then they did make a lot of changes in the second season, did not quite gain back the magic of the first season, an changing show runner is always a dangerous thing to. It sad that the best bit of the season was the banter between Rachel, Nina Kat, Skylar, in the lift in the last episode, and the only 2nd season episode where they actually felt like they were a team again.

I think the rest of Alpha creative team clearly fought against syfy creative decisions, they certainly did not want to get drag into doing cross overs with syfy other properties.

Now there really isn't anything on Scifi that interests me at all apart from Defiance. An that looks way to expensive to stay around for long, an the way they have completely destroyed there successful line up of shows over the last 5 years have push a lot of fans away from watching their channel anyway. An this at the time where HBO, AMC, TNT, an others are investing in original drama series, even sci-fi and Fantasy shows that are gaining huge ratings for those channels, often breaking records for cable series.
    Last edited by knowles2; January 17th, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Probie

I could not post anywhere on SyFy's site about my anger they canceled one of my favorite shows Alphas! While they put on these ridiculous ghost hunter shows that are not even really entertaining, they cancel good shows with great actors! I feel robbed. I wanted to see justice for Danielle and I wanted to see what other possible abilities could result as each character learned to control their abilities. Curse you SyFy for selling out once again to mainstream people that have no imagination.