Stargate: Atlantis left open-ended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
    "Keeping it open" doesn't necessarily mean movies. They struck a deal with DE to release a comic book series, SG-1 S11 and SGA S6 as they want to call it.
    Oh, no...

Not that I mind having another season of SG-1, comic books or no, but can't they just leave Atlantis alone? I want to leave the show as is so that I can be content with the semi-decent Season 5! If I was certain that the comic books would be written by other, new-to-Stargate writers with fresh ideas, I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm almost certain that the usual writers--Joe Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Martin Gero, Brad Wright, Rob Cooper, Carl Binder--will probably get in there somehow. Five out of those six writers have been writing not only for Atlantis' five seasons, but also for SG-1's ten seasons. With approximately 300 episodes written by them, it stands to reason that they'll run out of ideas sooner or later, and then you get stories that clearly show the writers' lack of...well, ideas. I'd like to leave Atlantis open-ended, definitely.
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

So does anyone have any more recent information? Are the SGA sets still standing? I realize everyone is focused on SGU right now, and the third SG1 movie takes precidence, but....
      Sincerely,

Kevin Long
      (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
      http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

ok i get why ppl say that there is still light at the end of the tunnel for sga, but honestly if the economy doesnt pic up, then who knos whats going to happen. i really havent been on the forum for a while so i dont kno everything that is going ton but what i can say is that if the writers run out of ideas,(which the possible ideas are endless cause the human brain can think of so many things) then everything that they made will almost stand for nothing except a excellent tv show of sg1 and a mild show of sga. my main reason for sayin sga was mild is because they copied off of sg1 and that they brought back the replicators, bombs on atlantis, ppl leaking info to the wraith and some of the side stories were actually boring..... not all were but im just saying that the idea behind sga was to further the franchise of bringing back weapons and knowledge so that planet earth could be protected at will plus who knos if the movies bring in some more enemies that we have never heard of. besides everyone thought that we were going to meet the rumored furlings what a dissapointment that was to......... the last thing that im going to say is that if the 2 hour movie that is suppossidly coming out for sga brings back the show of sga, then ill be happy

Comment

I wish there had been two movie for SGA or least a good solid tie in for SGU!!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Doesn't really look like it's going to happen any time soon. What I don't understand is that why do they have to do it with MGM? Why not go to someone else? I know they always have done it with MGM but still......maybe it's time to change?

Then again maybe I'm confused...
            There is always one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
              Doesn't really look like it's going to happen any time soon. What I don't understand is that why do they have to do it with MGM? Why not go to someone else? I know they always have done it with MGM but still......maybe it's time to change?

Then again maybe I'm confused...
              MGM owns the Stargate franchise.

Comment

Working...
              X