This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Atlantis save Destiny?

Forgive me if there is a previous thread out there with this theory.
    Something in my head just clicked about how the team could possibly get back to Destiny if they are ever left behind.....I am assuming that Destiny has a Set 9 chevron address that works universally, so if/when someone does get left behind they then sort out the required amount of power should Destiny of jumped a ridiculous distance away and gate back, Having said that i am wondering:- Is Destiny exploring each Galaxy one at a time, and would Destiny's gate superseed these new gate's as PG's did MW? If that is the case and Destiny does stay in one galaxy for a set period then getting back should be easier if they know the course it is travelling, gate to the next planet along the course?
    And for the Earth theory i realise it never would happen (although maybe four or five seasons in)but assuming again that Destiny has a substantial power source and the gate is able to dial galactically, with Atlantis now residing on Earth (surely it's gate would superseed the SGC's) and with multiple ZPM's even though drained radically from the wormhole drive the team should be able to gate home, but that would make for a really short series now wouldnt it lol

Originally posted by puddle.jumper.uk View Post
    getting back should be easier if they know the course it is travelling, gate to the next planet along the course?
    Correct me if im wrong but isnt the destiny seeding planets. So the next planet it could visit might not have a stargate on it yet and how would you know the address of a stargate that has not been "activated" yet ?

Comment

They might not have a way of calculating Earth's address, making them unable to dial atlantis.

Comment

i thought the whole being left behind on a planet thing was dangerous because they dont know destineys course and couldnt get back on it once it jumped into hyperspace........ i wonder how long it would take to put a gate on a planet

Comment

As far as i'm aware from info previously released the Destiny is following up on the pre-launched gate seeding ship.

Comment

I'm assuming that they would eventually be able to get an idea of the pre-destined course of Destiny

Comment

pre-destined course of Destiny
              Nice word choice
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                Nice word choice
                Thankyou very much

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyHayes View Post
                  Correct me if im wrong but isnt the destiny seeding planets. So the next planet it could visit might not have a stargate on it yet and how would you know the address of a stargate that has not been "activated" yet ?
                  Consider yourself corrected. Destiny is #2
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I don't really get the premise for SGU.

Ok, they are able to gate to the Destiny and not able to gate back.

First of all if they know the address for Destiny then the SGC (probably Sam) can create a mapping program then they can go get them in Daedalus, Apollo or The newly created General Hammond. ALL of which have INTERGALACTIC hyperdrive. 3 weeks to get to a different galaxy, hell even borrow a zpm from Atlantis and get their sooner.

The whole lost in space theory doesn't work in this universe any more..

Comment

We could all think of some science fictiony way to get them all home in less than a minute. I would like assurances that theyre never getting home. That would be intense.

Comment

Originally posted by summoner2100 View Post
                        I don't really get the premise for SGU.

Ok, they are able to gate to the Destiny and not able to gate back.

First of all if they know the address for Destiny then the SGC (probably Sam) can create a mapping program then they can go get them in Daedalus, Apollo or The newly created General Hammond. ALL of which have INTERGALACTIC hyperdrive. 3 weeks to get to a different galaxy, hell even borrow a zpm from Atlantis and get their sooner.

The whole lost in space theory doesn't work in this universe any more..
                        thsts not how its working this time, the gates addresses do indeed corrispond to there positions in space, but this time the destinys gate is a special case and has an 'absolute' address that is the same no matter where it is in the universe so mapping spacial coordinates from its address may give you a certain patch of space but it wont give you the destiny

Comment

Plus who is to say the galaxy it is in is one that is close enough to reach via the hammond etc?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Plus who is to say the galaxy it is in is one that is close enough to reach via the hammond etc?
                            not to mention finding it, its ok knowing where it is and setting off in a ship to chase, what if it moes away befor you get there (which it more than likely would) you would forever be playing catch up, and we dont know how fast the destiny is yet. it could be the fastest ancient ship ever constructed, i would think it is considering how far it would haft to travel to check every gate placed

Comment

As far as i'm aware from info previously released the Destiny is following up on the pre-launched gate seeding ship.
                              That is correct.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X