This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camille Wray's role within the IOA

When Ming-Na was name as playing an IOA character. at the time i assume she represent China, in the past China's IOA member like Chen Xiaoyi (Tamlyn Tomita) had got herself into powerful position like almost getting Woolsy's Atlantis job (she was fooled by anlien computer to give Woolsey a good review which allow Woolsey to keep his job.)

But in an TV guide article ,Ming-Na play a low ranking IOA accountant,she is openly in a lesbian marriage with a wife back on Earth play by Reiko Aylesworth.

Well i don't think PRC government will allow something with a Lesbian with non-chinese wife to represent them in IOA.

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    Well i don't think PRC government will allow something with a Lesbian with non-chinese wife to represent them in IOA.
    Really? That, specifically, would be the "no" factor for their IOA representative decision?

I mean, I have been under the impression that Wray was Asian-American this whole time, due to her last name.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Her name is Camille Wray, I'm pretty sure most people didn't expect her to be Chinese from the outset.

Comment

It seems like she may be there as a voice of reason and morality more than anything else. I'm not sure who she represents fully, but on the featurette video at stargate.msm.com, Ming Na says she's head of Human Resources, which suggests she may play a role as a make-shift counsellor to crew members, and that she's there to look out for the people, not just herself.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
          When Ming-Na was name as playing an IOA character. at the time i assume she represent China, in the past China's IOA member like Chen Xiaoyi (Tamlyn Tomita) had got herself into powerful position like almost getting Woolsy's Atlantis job (she was fooled by anlien computer to give Woolsey a good review which allow Woolsey to keep his job.)

But in an TV guide article ,Ming-Na play a low ranking IOA accountant,she is openly in a lesbian marriage with a wife back on Earth play by Reiko Aylesworth.

Since we are playing the assumption game that she is from China...

I assume she will win the Destiny Table Tennis Championship 3yrs in a row.
          I assume she will be a brilliant gymnast/diver/rythmic gymast.
          sigpic

Comment

I guess I'm also guilty of making assumptions based on little, as I assumed that she represented a western country based on her name. Two sides of the same double-edged assumption.

Comment

Oh, so just because is of Asian Descent you "assumed" she was from China. What a racist! Na I'm joking.

Comment

well this should be interesting ??, i don't really like the IOA they are just annoying bureacrats , but i do like the fact that they are having a homosexual character on the show finally ( publically), so i am not sure what to think of her yet , i hope she is not a evil annoying character
                Last edited by MIZA; 30 July 2009, 09:56 PM.
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

She sounds like she'll be great - not the stereotypical IOA rep we've had before. From what Ming Na has been saying about the character, it seems that she'll be strong and professional, but also have a big heart.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    She sounds like she'll be great - not the stereotypical IOA rep we've had before. From what Ming Na has been saying about the character, it seems that she'll be strong and professional, but also have a big heart.
                    That's a good thing, but hell, I loved Woolsey in SGA.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                      That's a good thing, but hell, I loved Woolsey in SGA.
                      So did I He was really nicely developed
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        So did I He was really nicely developed
                        Yeahh, I kinda guess I found it more relatable that he seemed timid with making big decisions that weren't by the books at first, but then he really stepped into his own towards the end.
                        sigpic

Comment

Out of interest, with Camille Wray being the gay character, I am pretty sure I saw her apparently getting steamy with someone in the comic con trailer....

so unless she has turned then she must have found a partner on the Destiny.

Lets make another assumption that her partner was Chloe. Yep lock that one in.
                          sigpic

Comment

You've got to watch out for those lesbian accountants. They're a tricky bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              Out of interest, with Camille Wray being the gay character, I am pretty sure I saw her apparently getting steamy with someone in the comic con trailer....

so unless she has turned then she must have found a partner on the Destiny.

Lets make another assumption that her partner was Chloe. Yep lock that one in.
                              That wasn't her, that was... *gone blank on the name*. It was discussed in the trailer thread, I think
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X