(Hi all, our main info thread seems to have gotten lost in the Abyss accidentally so I've done my best here using a 2007 archived version to recreate it. It should serve as a temporary fix until Greg can take a look at it.)
(Originally the GWRP)
~For all who are playing in the Gateworld RP PLEASE read the Rules and Regulations before you start.
Rules n Regs:
1. Even though this is a roleplay, you must adhere to the Gateworld Forum Rules.
2. Even though this is covered in the Gateworld rules, I will say it again: Please no offensive language even if it is IC. I think the limit is up to 'crap' for any word 'above' crap please just edit it out. (ex: "oh @#$")
3. Please refrain from using chatspeak IC
Bad: Colonel Sharp walked in 2 the commissary, he grabbed a plate of food and went 2 sit w/ the other peeps. "Hey guys wats ^?"
Sharp walked into the commissary. He grabbed a plate of food and went to sit with the other people. "Hey guys. What's up?"
4. Please use 'proper' role-play format. When your character is thinking to him/herself please use italics and an apostrophe (') at each end.
5. When your character is talking please use quotation marks (")
6. If you do not know how to rp please do not join and possibly disrupt the other RPers. Just give me a PM and I'll explain it to you.
7. Please be kind and courteous to other RPers, don't make me go telling a mod on you!
8. Please do not RP until you have submitted your character here and it is approved.
9. No controlling other people's characters.
10. One of the most important rules: Your character canNOT be in two places at once! If you are leaving one area and going to another please post that you are leaving the mess hall and going to the gateroom. (or where ever you are going to/coming from)
11. Do not make RP threads, it is not an official RP thread unless a GM (Gen Blue or I) is the creator, or I said the person could make it.
12. The language of the RP is English and proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is expected. (Of course if it is your character speaking feel free to use improper grammar if it fits the character.) Note: There are many spell check programs available for most mainstream browsers. If you are having trouble finding one, just let me know. Also note that we have players from around the world who's first language is not English. So don't feel intimidated!
13. HAVE FUN!
I will do my best to enforce these rules and get Darren or a moderator to help if it gets out of hand.
The year is 2005 and operations seem to be going fine at the SGC. With the replicators defeated and the Goa'uld weak, the SGC is now going back to exploring. They have completed the new off-world base known as the Alpha Site, as well as a few off-world factories on the same planet. The Alpha Site has been code named: Gaia and General Nicholas Blue has just assumed command.
It's July 10th 15:00 hours and SG-7 is late half an hour, but that's nothing to worry about, it's just half an hour. The gate suddenly starts dialing 'Off world gate activation!' the voice rings as the wormhole establishes and the iris closes. General Landry walks in and looks at the computer as an IDC comes through.
'It's SG-7 sir.'
'Good, open the iris'
Nothing happens for a few moments and there is an eerie silence.
'SG-7 come in!'
Suddenly a giant grey metallic object comes through the gate.
'What the hell is th-' *BOOM*
The naquadria bomb explodes and takes the Stargate with it, with the bomb and the gate combined the explosion is enormous and Earth is destroyed. (Along with The Prometheus, which was in its bunker on Earth). As standard procedure, all off-world teams report to the Alpha Site and a new adventure begins.
History of what has happened so far in the RP can be found here.
-1, newly installed, Asgard Energy Shield
-4 Concealed towers each containing:
-1 Pave Hawk (Helicopter.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pave_Hawk)
-7 F-302 Fighters
-25 Staff weapons.
Standard US Weapons, don't worry to be specific in your posts... we will probably have some guns from other countries *shrug*.
A Nice Weapons Guide For The Most Common Weapons We Use
(Made by our very own in-house real-life military expert: Dragongate )
Over the years of Stargate RPing, I've noticed that many people do not salute correctly, I have most likely done it more than a few times too, but if everyone could read the hand salute section under this:
Player positions. (Look at when determining what team you want to be on)
How to Join:
1. Learn / know how to RP. (If you haven't RPed in this online style before, don't be intimidated, just let me know! )
2. Take a look at the biographies thread to get a sense of what writing a biography entails. Then, once you've come up with a compelling character that you would have fun writing for, PM a biography to me and/or Gen Blue.
3. You and I will go back and forth discussing edits to the character's biography, and eventually it will be approved!
4. Once approved you can post your bio in the biographies thread, and start looking on the player list for an open team. Contact a team leader and request to join their team. Note: a team leader might require a few edits of their own.
5. Enter- your character! Start playing/interacting with other characters!
Here is a template format, please adapt yours to match:
Character Age: (see rank/age chart below)
Character Rank: (Given by GM. BUT your preference will be looked at. It's recommended that your first character, if military, be an enlisted personnel.)
Appearance: (May post a link to a picture.)
History: (Please include if the Character has the ancient gene, the history should be from beginning of schooling to arriving at the Alpha site.)
Other important facts:
Here is an average rank/age chart, so we don't have any 20 year old Colonel and so I don't have to keep bugging people :
From the information of a useful chart located here:http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/aia/cy...97aug/demo.htm
I've come up with this chart:
Average Age by Grade: (Enlisted)
Airman Basic 23.5
Airman 1st Class 22.5
Senior Airman/ Sergeant 25.7
Staff Sergeant 31.9
Technical Sergeant 36
Master Sergeant 38.3
Senior Master Sergeant 41.4
Chief Master Sergeant 44.8
Average Age by Grade: (Officer)
2nd Lieutenant: Around 26.6
1st Lieutenant: Around 26.9
Captain: Around 30.8
Major: Around 37.3
Lieutenant Colonel: Around 42.8
Colonel: Around 47
Remember this was based off of a chart showing averages so don't be compelled to make your 1st Lt character exactly 26.9, just around make him/her around 27 by a couple of years.
International Rank Comparison Chart:
(Warning, HUGE image)
Other things which you might need to know:
~RP sayings and acronyms:
A lot of acronyms can be found in Gateworldâ€™s FAQs: (Scroll down a little) http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...sics#faq_rules
But some which arenâ€™t:
-GWRP: Gateworld Roleplay (Old name for Aftermath)
-RL: Real Life
-IRL: In real life.
-OOC: Out of Character
-IC: In Character
-BRB: Be Right Back
-ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival
(Hereâ€™s a ginormous list of military acronyms: http://www.fas.org/news/reference/lexicon/acronym.htm)
-God Mod: To take control of someone elseâ€™s character without permission. i.e. â€œSharp walked into the lab. He pulled out his gun and shot Williams. Williams died. Sharp picked up his body and threw him in the trash.â€ Thatâ€™s a no-no.
-SST: Stargate Space Travel (Another Stargate RP site a lot of members here used to play on.)
-Teehee: Thatâ€™s just an odd thing that Ainty does.
Each team has their own talk thread (Yes, you are allowed to go into other team's talk threads, just donâ€™t cause a ruckus, and donâ€™t post if itâ€™s off topic.)
SGs- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Additionally we have an OOC Box for just general chat with other members (or non-members), and an Inter-Team Communication Thread to coordinate RPing with other players.
Also, if you have any questions PM me, IM me, or send me an e-mail.
PS. Darren and Mods if you feel any changes need to be made post here or PM me.