This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syfy Announces Its New Fall Line-Up

The Syfy Channel has announced its new fall line-up of new and returning series including Stargate Universe, Sanctuary, Destination Truth, Scare Tactics, Ghost Hunters and Warehouse 13. Check out the link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-fall-line-up/

That is some might unimpressive lineup.

Stargate Universe – The only actual Science Fiction airing on the Science Fiction channel...oops, excuse me the Syfy channel.

Destination Truth - This is the astrology of documentaries...i.e. a research for people who can't actually be bothered to learn anything. If I want "answers" to complex questions, somehow Syfy is just not the answer me thinks.

Sanctuary – People really like this show. Not me, but others do so nice it is returning.

Scare Tactics – The original airing of this craptastic show was the omen of things to come for the SciFi..sorry Syfy channel. I want to know who watches this, and are they being forced to watch this in a secret CIA run prison as a form of torture?

Ghost Hunters – I suppose Syfy does have to cater to all demographics, even those who have had the unfortunate medical practice we call lobotomies. Actually, after catching 30 seconds of this dren I think this is meant more for people that have had the entire brain removed.

Warehouse 13 – Well judging by the reaction people have given it is a good thing this airs in the summer - when there is absolutely positively nothing else on. Big deal it won against 20 year old re-runs of cooking with Julia Child, I want to know if this could actually beat the reruns of This Old House. Scientists on the other hand have reported this show to be quite promising in the cure for insomnia.

Comment

I'm not sure it's necessary to blame Sci Fi for that....this has been a pretty dry year for science fiction TV period.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SGU and Sanctuary are the only things they have that I'm interested in. Luckily, I don't even watch their channel (or actual TV for that matter).

Scare Tactics and Ghost Hunters... is there really people out there who love this crap? *sigh*
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          Scare Tactics and Ghost Hunters... is there really people out there who love this crap? *sigh*
          No, but that doesn't stop them. *cough* Syfy Channel Original Movies *cough*
          Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
          Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
            No, but that doesn't stop them. *cough* Syfy Channel Original Movies *cough*
            Yeah, let's not go there.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is it just me or have the quality of their produced movies gone completely down hill? It seems now they are bent on these productions that appear to have been made in a weekend in some empty building or the woods behind someone's house? I am completely serious about this, the last few that I caught glimpses of seemed almost on par with high school production. A few years back they were laughable, yet sometimes oddly watchable at 3 AM in the dead of winter with nothing else on.

The last one I saw, don't remember name or anything, but it was such ridiculous quality that even low budget direct to DVD seemed to have better FX.

Comment

I enjoy Warehouse 13. Sanctuary is okay. That's it for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=SBN;10415822]Is it just me or have the quality of their produced movies gone completely down hill? It seems now they are bent on these productions that appear to have been made in a weekend in some empty building or the woods behind someone's house? I am completely serious about this, the last few that I caught glimpses of seemed almost on par with high school production. A few years back they were laughable, yet sometimes oddly watchable at 3 AM in the dead of winter with nothing else on.

I think you should apologize to the High School producers. <LOL> They are WAAAAY better than what SciFi, ooops SYFY (what the heck is that all about?),
                  has been putting out of late!

Warehouse 13 will pass and I will hold onto the hope that SGU will be quality but
                  scifi channels record is getting really poor and the plots are getting thinner.

Comment

I hardly even turn this channel on anymore.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I hardly even turn this channel on anymore.
                      me too. and that's really sad because it used to be the only channel that i'd watch. Now i just watch USA, TNT, and BBC America. The only reason I watched SciFi was SG-1, SGA, and BSG. Now there's really no reason to turn it on.
                      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

I think the network should have been renamed to the Crappy Cheesy Cheap Production Network as 99% of what is on it now fits that description. SGU, Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 are the only current 1st Tier scifi-ish productions on the network, and the latter 2 definitely are not in the same class as say BSG or SG1/SGA. I think its owners are out to kill the network.
                        ---------------------
                        sigpic
                        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

warehouse 13 is an amusing way to kill an hour, but not something i'll tape or keep
                          eureka (not on their lineup but it just got picked up for s4) is amusing and fun
                          sanctuary i enjoy
                          universe i'm gonna try
                          destination truth, ghost hunters are complete crap as far as i'm concerned. scare tactics? utter and complete crap bordering on abuse

the skiffy 'original' movies? well, right now mega shark vs octopus makes Megasnake look good.

it's like they're going out of thier way to see how poorly they can make stuff. they're worse than bad and most are so awful they're not even mockable
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            warehouse 13 is an amusing way to kill an hour, but not something i'll tape or keep
                            eureka (not on their lineup but it just got picked up for s4) is amusing and fun
                            sanctuary i enjoy
                            universe i'm gonna try
                            destination truth, ghost hunters are complete crap as far as i'm concerned. scare tactics? utter and complete crap bordering on abuse

the skiffy 'original' movies? well, right now mega shark vs octopus makes Megasnake look good.

it's like they're going out of thier way to see how poorly they can make stuff. they're worse than bad and most are so awful they're not even mockable
                            Couldn't of said it better myself. Altough I do think Warehouse13 is starting to get a little deeper, but we shall see.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Couldn't of said it better myself. Altough I do think Warehouse13 is starting to get a little deeper, but we shall see.
                              Yeah, it is. I hope it continues to improve on itself.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X