Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Season 5 DVD Sales! Over 100K!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Season 5 DVD Sales! Over 100K!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/07/14...vd-sales/22772

Reasonably close behind in its opening week was Stargate Atlantis – The Complete Fifth Season which began with just over 100,000 units sold. The third TV show to begin sales for the week, Eastbound & Down: The Complete First Season sold an estimated 58,000 units.

Stargate Atlantis – The Complete Fifth Season 106,161 Units sold!

This was up nearly 25% from the Season 4 DVD set which pulled in around 80,000 units for it's first week.
    Last edited by Briangate78; 14 July 2009, 08:19 AM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

Reasonably close behind in its opening week was Stargate Atlantis – The Complete Fifth Season which began with just over 100,000 units sold. The third TV show to begin sales for the week, Eastbound & Down: The Complete First Season sold an estimated 58,000 units.

This was up nearly 25% from the Season 4 DVD set which pulled in around 80,000 units for it's first week.
    I'd hope that MGM would take this into account when getting the SGA movie off the ground. None of the actors at cons this past weekend knew squat. One thought, it's not happening, another thought, it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      I'd hope that MGM would take this into account when getting the SGA movie off the ground. None of the actors at cons this past weekend knew squat. One thought, it's not happening, another thought, it's happening.
      Hopefully. It'd certainly be nice to hear some news on the SGA movie front.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        A DVD that can push 100K units in the first week is usually a success and a hit. They were #2 on the list out of TV DVDs, so hopefully that will open a few eyes and raise a few brows over at MGM.

As per the SGA movie, They have no clue, not even the SG-1 movie has an official production date. They want to finish with their new baby SGU, once they change the diapers and feed it, then it will be time for the DVD movies.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow! That's good news. From all the talk about how DVD sales across the board were down, I expected SGA's Season 5 opening week sales to be much lower than last season's. To see better sales is a pleasant surprise. Although I didn't care for Season 5, for the future of SGA, I hope this trend continues and that Season 5 sells better than Season 4 overall.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Good to see some numbers. I hope you post them for CotG when its released in a few weeks
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Very good news for SG movies. This means people are showing up in record numbers to buy a product in a bad economy. The upps the odds of more movies, just wait till we see COTGs sales in a couple weeks.

Comment

Great news. Hopefully this will be an incentive for the writers to get the SGA movie going.
                "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Destroyer View Post
                  Great news. Hopefully this will be an incentive for the writers to get the SGA movie going.
                  Well they have written the script that's all they can do, the ball is in MGMs court not the writers.

Comment

That's good news, hopefully TPTB will take notice.
                    "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                    "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

i bought Season 5. i'm buyin' "Children of the Gods" only because i'm a loyal fan. i'm not really sure if i want it or not. i know, i'm dumb.
                      "sir, we cannot name the ship the Enterprise"

Comment

Originally posted by knight_lyon View Post
                        i bought Season 5. i'm buyin' "Children of the Gods" only because i'm a loyal fan. i'm not really sure if i want it or not. i know, i'm dumb.
                        I'm buying it, too. I even bought Atlantis S5 though I don't like most of the season.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Bailey writes: “Sales of the Season 5 Atlantis DVD’s seem to be doing well,
                          better, in fact, than the Season 4 set had done at this time.
                          Do you thing this will have any significant effect on the possiblity of the SGA movie going forward?”

Answer: The DVD market is one of many factors. That said, this is certainly good news and does prove there are plenty of Atlantis fans out there.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-gate-room/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A DVD that can push 100K units in the first week is usually a success and a hit. They were #2 on the list out of TV DVDs, so hopefully that will open a few eyes and raise a few brows over at MGM.

As per the SGA movie, They have no clue, not even the SG-1 movie has an official production date. They want to finish with their new baby SGU, once they change the diapers and feed it, then it will be time for the DVD movies.
                            AoT shifted well over double that in its first week.

Comment

Wow that really good SGA season 5 has not even started sale in Australia yet it come out end on 29 july..

I CANT WAIT..............

Comment

Working...
                              X