• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epitaph One (113)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    EPITAPH ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113

In the year 2019 a ragtag band of survivors discover the Dollhouse, which holds the secrets to why the world has fallen into chaos -- and new dangers of its own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:07 PM.

Anyone else who has seen the episode? Holy frak. That was absolutely amazing. A dystopian future due to the dollhouse technology. I hope they will air it also on regular television because this episode was the best Dollhouse episode so far. Better then everything they had shown before.

Amy Acker was amazing and the story itself was just wow.

Kid playing with matches and burning the house down...you can say that again. This would work as a really depressing series finale but I just hope that Caroline and the others will be able to prevent that future.
    Last edited by huntress; 18 July 2009, 09:01 AM.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

This episode was awesome...
      Trully potencial for a spin-off. Althought, i dont think with Dollhouse ratings we will ever see the conclusion to this storyline.

Dont understand why FOX didnt want to play this episode...
      It isnt really a season/series finale but a amazing episode, none the less.
      "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
      with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
        Because it could potentially confuse people (or FOX worried it would confuse people) to have a "finale" that would not be followed up on in S2. Unless S2 had an "unaired finale" that followed-up on the S1 "unaired finale."

I think it was... interesting. Felicia Day did an AWESOME job and it was great to see her in a serious role for a change (I've only seen her in Dr Horrible & the Guild). The whole "technology spins out of control and starts taking over" thing reminded me a little TOO much of Terminator, though. Vastly different philosophies behind them, of course, but still enough there that I wasn't quite rolling my eyes.

Poor Topher. I mean, he's a jerk and all and from the sound of it he's the kid who threw the match that started the inferno, but seeing him completely broken down like that, I dunno. Some might say he deserved it, but I still felt sorry for him. Kudos to Fran, too, for a great performance.

Other storylines... Wish we could have gotten more on Victor and Sierra. Or at least Victor. Is it safe to assume that Adelle said "no" to the honcho guy inhabiting Victor? And is that why Topher came up with the whole "answer the phone" thing, to try and stop whatever the other dollhouses were doing? Or was that a separate issue? A cynical part of me wonders if Adelle still would have said no if the guy had landed in Mike or some random doll instead of in Victor, but I think she probably also believed what she said about not stealing lives from people.

The mention of Alpha and the hint that he was HELPING was kinda frustrating. If there is an Epitaph 2 I hope we get more background on that.

BTW, did the Butchers remind anyone else of Reavers or is it just that I saw Serenity last night (on the big screen! w00t!) and thus have that strongly in mind right now?

Comment

I really hope they follow this up in season two.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
            This episode was awesome...
            Trully potencial for a spin-off. Althought, i dont think with Dollhouse ratings we will ever see the conclusion to this storyline.

It isnt really a season/series finale but a amazing episode, none the less.
            because they did not order the episode for TV airing they ordered it has a straight to DVD movie. well at least one part of Fox.

Comment

After watching Epitaph One do people think it would be a good idea to run the story line concurrent. So most of the episodes will be in present where learn how the entire mess in the future began an what cause the out of control use of the technology, while in the future we learn how they going to try and fix the problem an rebuild civilisation.

Comment

I like my idea: one ep a year on the DVD releases. Not sure I'd want to take storytime away from the main arc and being the cynical type I'm not sure mainstream audiences would be able to grasp what was happening... or at the very least I bet they couldn't be bothered to figure it out.

Of course that'll give the mini-show a severely limited lifespan, but personally I can live with that. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  I like my idea: one ep a year on the DVD releases. Not sure I'd want to take storytime away from the main arc and being the cynical type I'm not sure mainstream audiences would be able to grasp what was happening... or at the very least I bet they couldn't be bothered to figure it out.

Of course that'll give the mini-show a severely limited lifespan, but personally I can live with that. *shrug*
                  Guest all valid reasons why it will probably not happen. but what epotaph 1 is gave the series the central plot line and I just hope they do not shove it off to one side and leave.

unfortunatel why wondering around the Whedon he said episode 13 is only a possible future which I think is a shame and it should be the future, that what going happen and Dollhouse should be how we get there.

Comment

Haven't read this thread yet but will do tomorrow after Ive watched the episode.....
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Something related to this from Comic Con
                      Spoiler:
                      The 3 remaining characters from this episode will be in the season premiere.

Comment

That was brilliant. I am blown away by its brilliance. I am speechless from the brilliance.

It makes the series even more interesting! Questions on questions! Wow. We are not worthy!

Great, great acting on all parties. This had better be on TV- the world needs to know what's coming!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
                          Something related to this from Comic Con
                          Spoiler:
                          The 3 remaining characters from this episode will be in the season premiere.
                          Fantastic to hear, may they will go for my idea afteral.

Comment

This was an absolutely amazing episode I must say......
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I watched this episode having no clue what was in store (think it would be just another ep continuing off the last one)- so was VERY confused by the first few minutes (in a good way) and just as much so by the end as to whether this is the direction of the series- if so why didn't Fox air it, etc. wondering if they'd changed their minds about going in this direction, whether the ep is canon.....kinda sent my mind spinning because I'm completely out of it in terms of Dollhouse news, aside from knowing that it's been renewed.

Anyway, it was AMAZING. Absolutely loved Felicia Day, and I think this ep ties for my favourite, along with Briar Rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X