X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradox -A new Sci-Fi thriller from the BBC

Press Release

If you could see the future, would you change it? That’s the dilemma facing Detective Inspector Rebecca Flint (Tamzin Outhwaite) and astrophysicist Dr Christian King (Emun Elliott) when a series of rogue images transmitted into his laboratory from space, throw them together.

The fragmented images appear to be of a major incident, but shockingly they suggest it has yet to happen; it’s in the future. Christian, Rebecca and her team, DS Ben Holt (Mark Bonnar) and DC Callum Gada (Chiké Okonkwo), have just 18 hours to work out the clues and prevent a tragedy.

A series of five episodes by Lizzie Mickery, Paradox is an intriguing, high-concept, high-octane, investigative drama, in which the team must not only prevent complex crimes and incidents, but wrestle with the moral and emotional implications of changing the future.
    http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2...e-this-autumn/

Poked my interest till I saw Tamzin Outhwaite mentioned.

Comment

Sounds cool. Love Brit sci-fi. Though unless a major network picks it up like Merlin was, will have to wait and see if BBC Canada will get it eventually.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Tamzin Outhwaite ('Paradox')

With a premise of police trying to prevent awful future events from happening, is Paradox the UK's answer to FlashForward? The five-part drama series, which is airing all next week on BBC One, starts when a group of cops are handed a set of disturbing images pertaining to a disaster that has yet to happen. Intrigued, we hooked up with Tamzin Outhwaite, who plays feisty DI Rebecca Flint, to find out more.

How would you describe Paradox?
        "I would say it's an intense, fast-paced thriller. It's five parts and it's about a group of police that are given a set of images by a space scientist called Dr King that they have to prevent from happening. They have to work out when, where, why and how – it's happening in the future. There's a relentless ticking clock and they have to prevent it."

What's your character Rebecca like?
        "She's a pretty good cop, quite a lonely woman with no social life, no family life and not really many friends. And she's a control freak! She's living with a high-powered job and she's a bit of a commitment-phobe."

continues:
        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/inter...e-paradox.html

Paradox begins Monday, November 23 on BBC One.

Comment

Damn Madwelshboy I was just about to create a thread of this.

Anyway it looks pretty good, with a interesting premise.

Comment

looks like in the USA we will not being seeing htis any time soon..
            I searched and could not find any info for it in the USA.
            My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

I have to admit that I'm a bit intrigued...
              sigpic

Comment

Not bad. Enough to keep me watching, at least.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

It was a interesting premier, intrigue about where the images are coming from.
                  It did feel a bit strange that the military let the physic guy recruit civilian police officers. I suspect there more images we have not seen yet an the copper did not arrive at that lab by accident.

Any way interesting program, look forward to getting to the bottom of the mysteries, I hope we get to see a episode where we use the images in a wider context an perhaps see Britain using it for it advantage in the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X