This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return

Just rewatched some of part 2 there on, and there are an awful lot of plotholes in it when I got to thinking about it

Why wasn't sheppard court martialed?

The rest are civilians so I don't know can they be prosicuted for it, I remember something similar in Enigma from season 1 of SG1 with the Tollan.

But I would imagine they would have imposed rules since then to prevent civilans in the stargate program taking similar measures

And even though they saved Woosley, surely the team would still be kicked out of the program or given a lower down job to prevent them doing similar things in the future...

What ever you look at it they defyed orders and stole a jumper from the SGC.

Also what the replicators do with the ancients? Even if they killed them what did they do with the bodies, what happened to the ancients ship? and surely they brought loads of things to the city, in terms of belongings and what not, what happened to them?
    I dunno what to put in here now..

One assumes that General O'Neill and Woolsey exerted enough pull to get the team off the hook for saving their asses. We know the president likes them after all.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Just rewatched some of part 2 there on, and there are an awful lot of plotholes in it when I got to thinking about it

The rest are civilians so I don't know can they be prosicuted for it, I remember something similar in Enigma from season 1 of SG1 with the Tollan.

But I would imagine they would have imposed rules since then to prevent civilans in the stargate program taking similar measures

And even though they saved Woosley, surely the team would still be kicked out of the program or given a lower down job to prevent them doing similar things in the future...

Also what the replicators do with the ancients? Even if they killed them what did they do with the bodies, what happened to the ancients ship? and surely they brought loads of things to the city, in terms of belongings and what not, what happened to them?
      1. Because its a tv show
      2. The ancients only like carrying around silver briefcases ( i doubt they had too many personal belongings on the ship)
      3. The replicators proably usedd the ancient corpses and assimiliated their biological componments to make more replicators
      4. It is assumed the ship is still in the void between galaxies, and who knows what condition its in.

Comment

Also what were the Ancients going to do when they finally got to Earth!
        Take over, and say that they were there first and thank us for keeping the planet safe and whatnot!
        sigpic

Comment

Well, if everyone was demoted/fired/locked up for what they did, you've just lost half your main characters in one fell swoop and ended the show for good.
          As for the ancient ship, that was never mentioned again, but as escyos said, its assumed to still be floating between the two galaxies.

Comment

O'Neill and Woolsey would have pulled some strings to get them off the hook. As for the Ancients, I doubt they had to many personal belongings, as they were on a warship and probably hadn't planned on being stuck on the ship for to long. And there ship is still a broken down mess drifting between the two galaxies (I assume).

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
              Take over, and say that they were there first and thank us for keeping the planet safe and whatnot!
              haha XD lol

but to be honest i thibk they would
              R.I.P MJ

sigpic
              -- May the force be with you --

Don S. Davis - You will be rememberd

Ba'al: "You dare mock me?"
              Jack O'Neill: "Come on Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

The Same could be said about SG1. When they gated to Appophis's Hatak after the stargate was shut down and they were forbidden to go through it why werent they court martialed like Carter said they would be. They still disobeyed orders.
                "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

Also the ancients just came off of a war ship. They wouldn't have that many belongings if any. When the U.S. is in a state of war how many belongings do our sailors take with them?
                  "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

The biggest plot hole is started in The Return part 2. Right as the city is about to take off a drone is fired at the engines taking them offline again. It was never mentioned that they were fixed a 2nd time, 1st time being before we purposefully destroyed them. So how did the city take off and go into hyperspace in First Strike? Shouldn't have been able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
                      The biggest plot hole is started in The Return part 2. Right as the city is about to take off a drone is fired at the engines taking them offline again. It was never mentioned that they were fixed a 2nd time, 1st time being before we purposefully destroyed them. So how did the city take off and go into hyperspace in First Strike? Shouldn't have been able to do that.
                      Not true. Excerpt from First Strike:
                      ZELENKA: Every possible scenario ends in failure. There is nowhere on the face of this planet that that thing cannot kill us.

(John and Rodney stare at each other as they both get the same idea at the same time.)

SHEPPARD: You don’t think ...?

McKAY: No.

SHEPPARD: Old girl too banged up?

McKAY: No, the Replicators fixed all the damage we did with the drones. We just don’t have the power.

SHEPPARD: Yeah, but ideally ...

McKAY: ... it may be the only way.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                        Well, considering in the episode it was mentioned they were one million light years away from Atlantis and Earth, it would take them another million years to get to Earth and in that time I'm pretty sure we'd either be all dead, moved on from Earth (planet dies, other reasons, etc), and if we were alive and still there we would definitely rival them technologically as 1 million years is a long time and it seems all we do is build weapons to kill things.
                        Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Offworlder View Post
                          Not true. Excerpt from First Strike:
                          That's the first you hear of it being fixed. You never hear about it in the actual episode it would have happened in. There's not a lot of time for them to have fixed the engines.

Comment

I also recently watched this. Despite being a higher rated episode (by the viewers here) and featuring Jack, I just didn't like the two-parter. The Ancients and their attitude really put me off, so much I was just waiting for it to be over. Unfortunately there was only one way to remove them from the picture, more Replicators.

Oh and not forgetting them kicking us out. We got all this room and empty space, and the dimwitted Ancients wouldn't spare a building to house the expedition. They then repeat their same tactical mistakes, get all killed, and nothing really happens in the end.

Comment

Like may above had said, O'Neill and Woolsey bailed them out, and it's a TV show. And those silly Ancients, when are they gonna learn to share, and not be pompous fools.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                              X