Five Horsemen Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go.

I am slowly getting away from overfocus on just one character and a surrounding, like in 7x01. This one will have a multitude of character interactions from several fronts.

Spoiler:
    Back in Atlantis, Woolsey is going over security arrangements with Sheppard. Sheppard is surprised at the offer that Himoal made in exchange for railguns to be fitted on his ship.

“So you think that’s what he really wanted?” Sheppard asked.

“I had a feeling that might have been what he was after. He knows the firepower our ships carry, and he probably wants something similar for his ship.” Woolsey stated.

“He’s probably thinking he can take the Wraith on by himself. Did you try and ask him about that?”

“No, but I didn’t need to. He’s focused on repairing his ship, and getting new equipment installed.”

“Probably refitting his ship so he can play space cowboy. We should probably get a hold of Larrin and she if she knows about this.” Sheppard suggested.

“If there could possibly be a rift amongst Traveler captains, we need to put a stop to it.”

“We should contact Larrin soon and have her talk to Himoal. Might go good, might go not so good.”

“I’ll have a message sent.” Woolsey said.

Elsewhere in Atlantis, McKay is at work in his lab examining city-wide power utilization, comparing city operations to refugee areas. In his lab is an assembly for a ship-mounted cannon.

“Tria’s got a couple arrays of these.” McKay said to himself.

He is examining the schematics for an Ancient warship on his main display. There are a number of indicators in detail. The display is specifically focused on the aft sections of the Tria, with the hyperdrive related sections colored blue.

The objective is to repair weapon systems and rebuild and refit the hyperdrive on the Tria. It is stationary near Midway 2, and has been there for some time. Some tests on the sublight engines have still proven that they require less repair than the other engine systems, but still requires an extensive refit to add the ship to the defense of Atlantis.

McKay went through several more diagrams and readouts of the Tria hyperdrive.

“I’d rather just stick an Asgard hyperdrive on it and be done.” He said to himself.

The plan was to bring the ship up to par, with a few improvements. The first focus was the hyperdrive. Atlantis would need additional ships to defend it when the Wraith arrive.

Second was the weapons. The ship still carried an arsenal of drones, but the cannon weapons were mostly disabled. McKay was assigned to studying them.

Third was fielding the ship. The ship would need to have experienced officers that could be placed on there without taking from other ships that would need them.

They did it before with the Orion, but this ship was intended for the long-term campaign against the Wraith, even though the Orion was too. With Janus in the city now, it looked like they would finally be able to make proper use of it, and perhaps even better use.

McKay just kept working and working on the new assemblies, until Dr. McKay came into his lab.

“Rodney.” Jennifer called out.

“Oh, hi Jen. I missed dinner again, didn’t I?”

“It’s not for another hour. I’m already done for the day. I just, wanted to know what you were up to.”

“Another of Janus’ projects, I swear that guy has me running around handling his grunt work.”

“You think you can do better than him?” Jennifer asked.

“Well, I certainly can do bigger projects than what he’s giving me.”

“What does he have you working on?”

“Some cannon assemblies for the Tria. It’s that Ancient warship that’s stuck out by Midway.”

“You’re going to get it running again?”

“Well, before Janus came along, we got the sublight working just about perfectly as you know, and then Janus pops up out of nowhere, and he wants me to take on an assignments related to a refit of this thing.”

“We can always use another ship here, Rodney.”

“Yeah, if it isn’t blown up too quickly after we get it working.”

Jennifer smirked at him. Rodney was acting his usual self.

“Well, if we lose this one, too, guess we got Janus here to help build a new one.”

“Very funny. He’s got me studying these assemblies that aren’t even part of the original design. Probably a prototype upgrade for it or something else.”

“Why don’t you take a break for a bit? Walk around with me.”

“Believe me, I really, really would like to, but he wants this done tonight. I’m almost done, as a matter of fact.”

“All the more reason to take a break. Now come on.”

“Might as well.”

Jennifer practically pried Rodney from his lab, and the two take a walk down to the Northern Pier, where it was more quiet. The refugees were more focused in the Eastern, Southern, and Southwestern areas of the city, rather than evenly spread out.

As they were walking, Rodney brought up another issue.

“If we can’t beat the Wraith, what do you think the I.O.A.’s going to do next?”

“We’re still working on the gene therapy, but there are still some problems that are keeping us from developing a working treatment.”

“How many of them can you expect to take it?”

“Todd’s faction is still the only one who we are able to engage with about this treatment. If the Wraith are going back to focusing on the humans only again, then we’re going to need this.”

“Having Janus here changes the game significantly. We’ve got three Zed P.M.s, and he’s working on, well, I’m not 100% certain, but it has to do with industrial production in the city. He’s having me look at some cannon assemblies for the Tria.”

“Sounds like fun.”

“Sort of. I’d rather be doing my own work from before, but Woolsey’s put his confidence in the Ancient. At least he hasn’t pulled you from your job.”

“Still managing production trials of the latest version of the gene therapy.”

“More of the same, then?”

“Yeah.”

The two get to an more isolated balcony. No one else is around.

“Jennifer, there’s something else. If we don’t stop the Wraith, and we have to evacuate back to Earth, where do you think we’ll end up?”

“I’m not sure. Haven’t really thought about it. First I’ve heard of it from you.”

“I mean sure, we’ll get a new place. What I mean is, have you thought about any other living conditions?”

“I don’t know what you’re trying to say, Rodney. Just tell me.”

“Have you ever thought about, you know… a family?”

Jennifer is taken by surprise by his question.

“I mean, not here for sure, but I mean, back on Earth.”

“I didn’t think you would ask me that so soon.”

“Just trying to think in the long-term, I suppose.”

“And, well, we’ve only been married for..”

“Four months, two weeks, a day.”

Jennifer smiled at Rodney.

“You love to count, don’t you?”

“Sure. That’s me, ain’t it?”

Jennifer and Rodney kiss by the ocean.

Woolsey and a number of I.O.A. representatives are in a meeting about moving the Atlantis refugees.

“It is entirely possible that not all the refugees would want to remain on the same planet.” one representative said.

“We could spread them out on two planets more easily.” said another.

“Even if we were able to do that, there is still the matter of moving all the refugees. Midway can accommodate up to 150 people at a time, and there are approximately 12000 refugees here in Atlantis. It would take dozens of trips to complete evacuation.” Woolsey stated.

“All the reason to remove them sooner. They’re an additional security and resource burden to the city.”

“I do agree. This was meant only as a temporary measure, but only because most inhabited worlds in Pegasus were already marked by the Wraith for activity. Sending even one man, woman, or child, and they would certainly be taken.” Woolsey knew where the I.O.A. was going with this.

“There is the issue with the live Ancient in the city.”

“Janus.” Woolsey said.

“Our….. headway with him isn’t quite what we expected. As one who has had more contact with him, we would like you to convince him, to at least give us a more formal reception.”

“No. If there’s one thing that’s clear, as I’ve already said before, is that he has no interest with our operations outside of his own actions he has demonstrated here.”

“You did indicate that he has restored full capabilities to this city, has he not?”

“He did manufacture new ZPMs for the city. He’s the only one who is capable of making it work.”

“All the more reason why we should have more of the modules available.”

“Stargate Command already has its own ZPM, and a separate one for the Antarctic outpost, which thanks to Janus, is now functional again.”

“We should be fielding this to our ships. With this, we can ensure the defense of Earth and Atlantis.”

“I’ve already asked Janus about this. He will not make the technology readily available for anyone to potentially abuse. If the Wraith were to capture one of our ships, then a ZPM could fall into their hands, which is exactly what happened with the Ancients.”

“Mr. Woolsey, we know this. What we need is more understanding on the part of the Ancient to allow us more access to this city’s industrial capabilities.”

“He has expressed an interest in the city’s industrial potential, and he wants to greatly expand on it.”

“And what have you seen so far with him?” The other representatives were becoming more critical of Woolsey’s handling of the Ancient’s presence in the city.

“He mostly works with a number of our best people on this very issue. He plans to vastly change the industrial operations of this city to allow for greater self-sufficiency in the upcoming campaign.”

“By campaign, do you mean an offensive action regarding the Wraith?”

“I believe that is his goal. The new ZPMs in the city are one indicator of his plans.”

“Can you be certain that he has no ulterior motive? When one of our ships rescued a crew of Ancients, we were expelled from the city, save yourself.”

“I do remember.”

“Then can you be certain he won’t do the same, even if he is just one?”

“Janus has already pointed out repeatedly that he would never force us out. More so, he was critical of Helia’s choices, and he would have opposed her expulsion of our people four years ago.”

“We can only hope you’re right, until we get some real answers.”

End of Chapter 2.

Comment

Wow, this is great too.

I think they want to capture him and make him do things he doesnt want to do.

Comment

just got caught up, cool you have the whole season planned i'm assuming?

Is it wrong of me to want to see Larrin come and annoy Sheppard?

I do think that the Travelers wanting Earth style railguns doesn't make much sense though. If anything they're primarily a point defense weapon because they only go Mach 5-10 i'm guessing. With Traveler technology, i can see them creating much more powerful weapons with resources and industrial capability. That's what i think they're lacking, the capability to make bigger stuff (as said by Larrin in Travelers)

I mean... they have particle cannon technology. It might not be on the same level as Asgard or Lantean weapons, but it's certainly on teh same if not stronger than Goa'uld weapons.

Still, railguns iz the ****
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

The Travelers, particularly this captain is pushing for a lot more, but he does want some additional weapons for his ship.

I'll try and get more written within the next few days.

I do have some parts of the season planned out, it's just going to take a while to get to the mega-siege part.

Plus I do intend to have one part involve the Destiny as well.

Comment

Here we are, Chapter 3.

A bit shorter than the last few, but the third won't be the last on this one. I might round it out at four or even five.

Spoiler:
            The first detachment of Traveler security came onto the Southern pier and made their way to their assigned locations. There was some Atlantis security still present in all sections, but this allowed them to have some of the workload taken off them.

Next up, came the ground rules. They were to maintain order amongst the refugee population and control potential scuffles.

Integration was unlikely to be a smooth process, but Woolsey knew that the security detachment was spread too much in the city for such a large, and growing amount of refugees.

The relocation plan had to begin soon.

A number of planets were surveyed, and was narrowed down. It was possible to spread them out on more than one planet, should there be a chance of settlement disputes.

It had been a general fear amongst refugees that the Wraith would still be able to follow them.

Woolsey wasn't the kind of person to allow a chaos to converge in Atlantis. He had to play hardball with Himoal to increase the manpower at the city's disposal.

There was one major issue with Himoal. Was he intending to acquire what arguably is their most powerful weapon for use against the Wraith?

Only Larrin could possibly answer that.

Woolsey figured that they could at least slow down the repairs and refitting of his ship until at least they could contact Larrin.

And why a generational ship? Their new battleship would be more suiting for it. Assuming that they would be able to hold onto this one. Himoal must be hiding secrets from them if that were the case.

Nonetheless, a series of railguns would be integrated into his ship.

The Traveler detachments proved to be problematic in coordination with the main security personnel in Atlantis. At first, they would believe.

Granted, they would not be carrying their particle magnums in the city, instead relying on less forceful methods regarding disputes, crowd control, and occupancy for varying sections of the city at times.

Many Traveler units were getting into arguments with several refugee groups over their ships and the Wraith.

Woolsey was becoming faced with two possible options. One: remove the Traveler detachments, and force their own security detachments to pick up more again, or two: accelerate the relocation projects.

Janus had made it clear about a future campaign against the Wraith. The refugees would have to go. With fewer and fewer planets available in Pegasus, the Milky Way would be their only possible safe haven.

The planets surveyed could be used by the refugees, but the worlds would be much different. There was still the issue of the refugees possibly being preyed upon by the Lucian Alliance.

These people spent generations being preyed upon by the Wraith over and over. And with the security breaches that have been uncovered in regards to the Icarus base and the people trapped on the Destiny, which Woolsey was planning to ask Janus about.

If there's one thing the I.O.A. wanted to know more about from Janus, it was the Destiny.

One thing at a time, he had to take business. Woolsey knew the additional security personnel from the Travelers was necessary, but on other levels, preferred temporary. Some arguments were reminiscent of earlier Coalition conferences. Placing Teyla as the lead ambassador for the city was a clear step in the right direction.

As long as she had a security detachment from Sheppard or Lorne’s teams.

Off-world, the meeting was still ongoing. Teyla was ready to introduce the prospect of relocating, not simply to another world, but to another galaxy. It was to be sooner than she hoped, but with the Wraith culling becoming more widespread, and fewer worlds left in Pegasus, there was little choice.

“We have a plan to allow refugees in Atlantis to move to a new world out of the Wraith’s reach.”

The other ambassadors were not surprised.

“How long have you been working on this?” one asked.

“For several months as we brought in some refugees into the city, we have been working on a plan to explore several safe, uninhabited planets in the galaxy where the people from Atlantis came here from. We believe this may be the best solution for the majority of the people remaining in this galaxy.”

“You couldn’t possibly relocate everyone there, could you?”

“Our plan is to bring many of the non-military people safely there, so the Wraith cannot harm them.”

“And then what? Do we finally engage the Wraith or do we continue to sit here as they wipe the rest of us out?”

“We can then more readily protect ourselves from the Wraith.”

“We’re not talking about defense. We’re talking about striking back at them for once.”

“If we move too quickly, a lot of people will certainly be killed.”

“And if we follow your proposal, the Wraith will continue to pick us off one by one.”

“Unless we start now.”

“I thought you weren’t ready.” Another ambassador spoke up.

“Our people have already surveyed several planets in their home galaxy, and we believe we have found some that may be useful for resettlement. We can begin moving people soon.”

“How soon?”

“That would depend on all of you.”

“Don’t you already have refugees in your city that you would need to move first?”

“Yes, we still do. We plan to begin moving them outward soon.”

“Just…. soon?”

“I can’t be specific on when it will begin, but I can assure you that when we do begin, we will be moving thousands through our gate each day.”

End of Chapter 3.

Comment

Damm, its still freaking great. I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chapter 4 should be up soon.

Comment

I can see that I have not posted anything new for about eight months. Well, I haven't been writing for some time, and I would really like to be getting back to it.

I hope that everyone who has read, enjoyed, and offered some sharp points on how to do better are still around.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    I can see that I have not posted anything new for about eight months. Well, I haven't been writing for some time, and I would really like to be getting back to it.

I hope that everyone who has read, enjoyed, and offered some sharp points on how to do better are still around.
                    I look forward to more the story when you post them.

Comment

Chapter 4:

Spoiler:
                      Three weeks later, we see a large group of organized refugees with their belongings heading through the gate to Midway. On the balcony is Teyla, with two ambassadors from the Pegasus Coalition.

"You came through." said one of the ambassadors.

"Yes, we told you this, and we keep our word." Teyla said, looking at the group heading through.

After the last of the group heads through, the gate deactivates.

"That's only the first group." Teyla said with a smile. "One hour from now, another group will embark towards their new home. And every hour, another group will head onward."

"It's really happening." said the other ambassador. "How long until all of the groups are evacuated?"

"We are moving over 150 people an hour. Within three days, all the refugees in Atlantis will be moved out."

"And what will happen then?" said the ambassador.

"The groups will be resettled on their new worlds. Some separate from one another." Teyla made that point clear.

"I expect no less from some of them."

The evacuations were going well. Some of the refugees were happy to leave the city, after being crammed into the city for months. Others were happy not to have the security personnel always around them, especially the Traveler contingent breathing down their necks whenever a fight broke out, and some of them being the first to break it up, rather than the Atlantis detachments.

The Traveler security force was rather rough with some of the people in Atlantis, and some were removed for instigating fights between them and some of the refugees.

Quite a month for the city, but things were finally moving along. On the Milky Way side, on several worlds, the groundwork was already laid out, and some of the refugees already were getting to work, lead by the Athosians.

The Athosians always had their special relationship with the people of Atlantis, ever since they crossed paths and had their first fight with the Wraith. Now some of their people had an even harder task, helping to lead the efforts to build new settlements.

Most of the work was being done by the new settlers themselves. One world would have people spread out in four settlements, another with three settlements, and another with three more settlements.

With over 12000 people divided between all the areas laid out so far, that would account for over a thousand per area, with some spread out in between.

That would only account for the refugees in Atlantis. There were still several hundred thousand humans still alive in Pegasus. It was a certainty that some would not want to relocate.

There were fewer humans remaining with each passing week. The Wraith were moving towards self-sustainable renewal of their remaining food source. Humans were being taken not for feeding, but for replication of their essence through smaller scale cloning systems.

They couldn't mass produce humans like they did Wraith during the Wraith-Lantean war, but they could begin to gain greater control over their food source.

With the immediate refugees soon out of the way, the defense installations would soon be readied for deployment in the city. The railguns would be the first to be refitted. Several positions on the outer piers would be redone for fixed turret positions.

The railgun magazines and firing mechanisms would be replaced with improved systems that the Traveler captain Himoal demonstrated.

One schematic next to Himoal, as he demonstrated the designs in McKay's lab is of their standard manned railgun. On the other side is a different design, with Traveler-looking components on the design.

"Here is your railgun assemblies you use on your ships. Here, is our plan for them."

Himoal points out the new design in great detail.

"That's why you wanted our railgun technology. You want your own proprietary point defense."

"We have our own defense systems on our ships, but your designs are considerably more streamlined. You can manufacture these at will, we can't. This design incorporates a modified version of our assault weapons into the form factor of a defensive turret, or a manned platform."

"Nice! What does this get for us?"

"After we have finished fabrication and integrated the units, we'll give you the system. You can rescale the system to your liking."

Two weeks later, a team is on one of the piers, replacing a plate assembly, and moving a turret base onto it. Little by little, the new cannon assembly is put together.

"One down, 23 to go." one man said with a smile.

End Of Chapter 4.

Comment

It was good. I look forward to more.

Only thing I had a problem, is that I couldnt image the new railgun.

Comment

This is a good story.
                          I like it all pretty much, i'd like to see the Ancients get into the IOA some more - damn suits.
                          As im new, and just read it from the start to finish last night, i didn't really like the back story behind Ford to much, but i think it'll be necessary.

Hope to hear from the Pegasus Asgard too, and maybe a new rebirth of the Replicators, oops i mean Asurans.

Comment

Why the dead silence here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                              Why the dead silence here?
                              Personally i feel the chapters are too small and infrequent to pick up steam. I'm actually waiting for another few chapters before i read because well... then i can take 20 minutes to read it rather than just a few.

I too think the story is good, but Ford's backstory is kinda out of left field and i'm not quote sure where the whole thing would go.
                              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

So its been a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X