Five Horsemen Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Great to hear the feedback.

Let's continue with some preliminary backstory and follow-up.

Spoiler:
    --Chapter 2

The Hammond and the Odyssey are transporting industrial equipment to Atlantis. The Odyssey is making her second trip to Atlantis in nearly four years. While in the void between the two galaxies, a strange sequence triggers the Asgard core on the Odyssey, displaying a rather odd message in both the Ancient and Asgard languages. The Apollo does not recieve the message, since the Asgard upgrades are primarily the weapon systems, rather than a complete full-blown Asgard core, exclusive only to the Odyssey. With the Daedalus under repairs at Atlantis, she was unable to make a long-distance trip for now, and the Apollo, Sun Tzu, and Wellington are assigned to home-defense. The objectives are to set up a defensive minefield, and place a network of small, mobile satellites capable of working together with the 304s and jumper fleet. All put together would compose the city's defense.

Over the past year, with Atlantis' return to Pegasus, Ford's miraculous return and ingenious recovery method proposed by Beckett, the city has had quite the share of surprises. The Atlantis team locates a Satedan company on a harsh planet, and Ronon pushes for them to move into the city. Ford and his gang seizing a Wraith cruiser and fighting the Wraith like cowboys, until they end up in a no-win situation, needing help from the Daedalus.

Teyla's family obligations have forced her to redirect her priorities, however, she now stands as an ambassadorial figure for Atlantis and the various human settlements, particularly with the Coalition alongside Woolsey. The Genii have become more isolated, feeling threatened by Atlantis' influence in the Coalition, along with their sheer military capability. Things were smoothed over a bit, when Kolya resurfaced and attempted the coup he intended originally, but was defeated by Ladon with the help of Sheppard's team. He was imprisoned in an off-world facility under Coalition authority.

The infighting with the Wraith has reached a turning point. Several of the weaker hives have joined together and have begun to reassert themselves against the alliance "controlled" by Teyla, via Todd. Todd came to Atlantis again and offered an opportunity to improve on Keller's treatment to enable Wraith to feed off the same sustenance as humans. Some significant gains are apparent since some food is sucessfully digested by some Wraith.

As of more recent months, it has become wide knowledge amongst all Wraith hives of the existence of Atlantis' location. The hives are culling worlds at a faster pace, and now Atlantis is attempting to evacuate some refugees to Atlantis, then on to Midway 2, and then to the Milky Way.

-----

Ford is in the infirmary getting a scan from Beckett. He still has a slight scar, though far less visible as before. Sheppard comes in asking how he's doing. He tells him he's feeling 100% again. Sheppard asks him about his friends.

"They still need more time. We could last up to 2 months on the new formula, but you've had my records from Day One."

"They'll make it."

"Sooner or later."

"I have a idea on getting you back on active duty, if you want it."

Ford looks up. "Seriously?"

"Teyla's the de facto ambassador for Atlantis now, so I'm short a team member. You've got more combat experience than even Ronon now."

"I'd like to believe that."

"See? I asked General O'Neill to talk to the I.O.A. I could get someone else from Lorne's detail to be put on my team, but I'd rather have you."

"I'll do it. If the I.O.A.'s willing to go with it."

"That's the spirit."

Outward in the intergalactic void, the Odyssey and Hammond are communicating via subspace. Carter thinks this may be worth investigating. The Odyssey commander suggests that they may be able to use the Asgard core to triangulate the source of the signal. Carter theorizes that the reason why the Odyssey is receiving the signal, and no other 304 has, is because though the 304s have all been upgraded with Asgard weapons and additional control systems, but it is the Odyssey that has the actual Asgard core and thus is unique amongst the 304s. It may be the second trip the Odyssey has made toward Pegasus, but the first now carrying the Asgard core. Carter wants to come aboard and take the Odyssey towards the origin of the signal. The Odyssey commander says that they are just four hours from reaching Midway 2. From there, they would contact Atlantis and the SGC to figure out what to do.

--End Of Chapter 2.

Comment

Nice, I look forward to reading the rest.

Comment

Nice start I cannot wait to read more.

Comment

Looking good!
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

When's the next one
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
              When's the next one
              Right.... here!

Spoiler:
              --Chapter 3

Back at the SGC, the gate activates. The technician reads the IDC as Midway 2, with a video transmission included. The message is from Carter on board the Hammond. She reports that the Odyssey picked up a signal from unknown space. She want permission to transfer from the Hammond to the Odyssey and try and get a fix on the location. She insists the importance of this to General Landry, but Landry wants her to continue onward to Atlantis and continue to oversee the satellite development. The Odyssey commander states that he is capable of carrying out a mission without Carter. Carter tries to convince both that she is the best choice to embark on this mission. Landry states that there is no "mission" yet. Carter again states that she is the only one available that is most experienced with the Asgard core on the Odyssey. Landry tells her that there's no arguing on this one, and she is to proceed to Atlantis. Carter reluctantly agrees. Landry orders the Odyssey commander to transport Major Lorne and his team from Midway aboard and proceed on to the empty region and try to locate the source of the signal.

Lorne and his team boards the Odyssey and they head out for the region where the source is believed to be located. Even with the hyperdrive ZPM-boosted, it would take about another five days to reach the general area, putting them about eight million light years from Pegasus.

Sheppard and Ford arrive back on Earth to attend a meeting with the I.O.A. regarding Ford's future in Atlantis, and to be more specific, the military. He knew things wouldn't just go back to the way they were like nothing happened, he still couldn't figure out why the I.O.A. just let the Atlantis expedition go back to the city after the Asurans wiped out the Tria crew, and then the expedition came back almost like nothing happened. If he ended up with only a slap on the wrist, he couldn't accept that. He didn't like the fact that one Wraith kept coming back to Atlantis and in so, creating an alliance with one of them. He kept it to himself, since the command structure seems to tolerate this. He could sense that Sheppard was wanting it to be over with completely, and he didn't need to analyze Ronon for his thoughts on it.

Carter arrived at Atlantis and work resumed on satellite construction. She expressed her disatisfaction that she was not allowed to transfer to the Odyssey and head for the extragalactic region. Woolsey said to her that if the decision were his he would have had her and the Odyssey commander switch chairs and continue on. She pressed again.

"At the least they could have gotten a hold of Daniel and had him gate to Midway first, then picked him up. This is right in his field."

"Again, if it were my call, it would have gone down that way. Right now, we need to fortify the city. We don't have the luxury of 'being destroyed' anymore. All of the Wraith hives know about us, and our location. Several hive groups have been identified and we are tracking them. Each hive has a minimum of five cruisers to each one. It's likely that when Todd was here in the city the first time, it was more than the gatebridge and the original Midway that he got from our computers. Your tactics of sending the 304s out to engage the Replicators proved very effective in neutralizing their battleships. We can't use that again confidently, assuming that they know we might try that again."

"Which is why we need the Odyssey to lead a full assault against them before they make it to Atlantis. All our 304s currently in Pegasus could engage each group one at a time, and slow them down."

"The I.O.A. has made it clear that we are to fortify a complete defense around the city. Their decision is final."

"Very well." Carter leaves his office.

--

Five days later, the Odyssey arrives in the region, with the light around the ship far less lumintate. The Colonel orders his crew to begin scanning the region for the source of the signal. A technician near the Asgard core contacts the Colonel, informing him that the Asgard core is registering some unusual readings. He indicates that the entire ship is being scanned, from the computers to the ship to the crew itself. The Colonel wants to know where the scan is coming from. He replies that the ship isn't being scanned from the outside, that it's the Asgard core doing the actual work, using the ship's full systems to scan itself. The technician attempts to access the controls, but the controls are frozen. Less than a minute later, the activity stops and the display reads that the information is being transmitted. The Asgard computer systems resume normal function a few seconds later.

The Colonel is with an engineering team in the control room analyzing the systems to see what was scanned and sent. It is realized that the structure of the ship, it's composition, the crew physiology, the entire computer databases including all the knowledge from the Asgard core was included--quite almost everything on the ship.

"I want to know where that information was sent right now." the Colonel said.

"I can't get a reading. As far as I know, it's got to be somewhere within the next 100-200 thousand light years. I don't get it how it just copied everything on the ship. This isn't designed to do that."

"Whoever the hell it was that just pulled it off obviously knows how to operate Asgard technology."

"You think it could be the Pegasus Asgard?"

"Haven't heard from them a year and a half after the Attero Device was destroyed. If it was them, they've obviously been working on getting back out of the galaxy."

"These messages are in Ancient. The computer's translating now."

"What do we have?"

"It reads: Scan Complete. Transmitting to target."

"That's not helpful."

"What the hell?"

"What is it?"

The display reads out another command sequence.

"It's activating the Asgard hologram projector."

A hologram materializes into an unexpected form.

--End of Chapter 3.

Comment

nice, cant wait for the next eppy.

Comment

Very nice!
                  Don't stop!
                  sigpic

Comment

Continue on.

Spoiler:
                    The Colonel was shocked at the sight before him. The hologram of an Ancient spoke out to him.

"You know who we are, but you do not know why we have done this. Our kind has been run to the ends of the universe over and over again, and yet we lead ourselves to destruction again and again. Corruption, fear, decadence, embellishment, much as have your kind. We know who you are as well, and have created this message in response to your technological premise this far outward. We also know that by this time, you will have inhabited our city of Atlantis and have encountered a parasitic species that you will call the Wraith. We know that these beings will subjugate the galaxy for ten millenia until your kind come into the galaxy and disrupt their order. You must never engage them without using your most advanced technology properly, with absolute resolve. One greater than any you have encountered has come to us and offered a revelation far more dangerous than we could imagine."

The Colonel ordered his engineers to record the whole thing. The engineer replies that
                    the system already is recording the message.

"This is incredible. Get me a fix on it's origin, right now!"

"According to this, it's embedded in the Asgard core. It's reconfigured the core to project an image onto the bridge."

"They've got a copy of the entire Asgard core, plus God knows what else from us. Any way to trace the upload?"

"These readings are completely unrecognizable. It's almost gibberish."

"Keep at it."

Back on Earth, Sheppard, Ford, and Woolsey were at the SGC along with some I.O.A. dignitaries. Ford had been grilled extensively for days and Sheppard was arguing for his placement on his team once again. Sheppard argued that Ford's years fighting the Wraith and surviving all this time gives him more personal experience than anyone on the Atlantis base, including Ronon now. He wanted the man once under his command to be a part of the Atlantis team again.

Ford would get a spot again out there, but just barely. Proving he has had more combat experience with the Wraith than anyone on Atlantis, and gaining incredible insight, he knew what would be needed to be accomplished to eliminate the Wraith completely. All those years going at it with only himself and a small group, he must have eliminated somewhere between 200-250 Wraith personally. With his allies, they were able to take down numerous darts, and hijack a Wraith cruiser. Sheppard hated the idea of him running around with his gang playing galactic cowboy. Ford hated the fact that the Atlantis team had their 304s at their disposal, and the means to track hive ships, without doing much after Asuras was destroyed. Someday, he would choose to outright confront them about why they weren't knocking out hives left and right. All the hives could have been taken care of some time ago. He didn't want them to know exactly how he knew about the newer capabilities of the 304s, and the plans of the Wraith to attempt to head outward into the universe. He was trusted to hide a big secret from Atlantis.

Back on the Odyssey, the Colonel was directing his crew to get a fix on the upload's direction. The technicians were continuing to work, but not to much effect. An hour later, another message appears on the main display. Reading in English, the message reads, "The coming doomsday will give you a choice."

"That's all?" said the Colonel.

The message changes.

"Leave this galaxy and you might survive. Stay, and many of you shall perish."

The Colonel isn't happy with the message.

"Major, take us further out. I want to find these people."

The Odyssey jumps again to hyperspace.

The main display on the terminal for the Asgard core starts registering some data regarding the engines. While the ship is traveling through hyperspace, our perspective changes to something just flying through the ship,
                    the walls, almost moving around the ship and crew like a fly. About another two hours later, the ship drops out of hyperspace.

"Major, what the hell's going on? Why are we stopped?" asked the Colonel.

"The hyperdrive won't engage. The engines are fine, but the drive will not engage."

"Find the problem. In the meantime, prep a relay burst to Midway Station informing them of our progress."

"Sir, the subspace antennas aren't working."

"What?!" the Colonel screamed.

"Long-range communications are dead. We can't send a signal to Midway."

"Back us out of here. I don't like the looks of this."

"The hyperdrive still won't engage."

"Try sublight. Take us back and try the hyperdrive after a minute."

The Major tries the sublight engines.

"Sublight will not respond."

"What the hell is it out there? Somethings tampering with our systems. Find it!"

"Sir, we're moving forward again."

The ship's hull reflection starts to fade and resonate. Several systems are knocked offline, except for life support and the Asgard core. The Asgard core starts registering that the ship is jumping to hyperspace again, this time rather being blue around the ship, it is black-light colored. The ship is not under the crews control.

--End Of Chapter 4

Comment

great story really liked looking forward to next
                      sigpic

Comment

just great, I look forward to the next chapter.

Comment

Great one!
                          sigpic

Comment

I will write another chapter soon.

For now, I will ask, based on events so far, what do each of you think is happening?
                            Last edited by ussrelativity; 26 July 2009, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Theres going to be a new and stronger enemy that the likes of us never seen before.

Comment

First off I am loving this...keep it coming.

I am curious as to how this new enemy will be. Obviously it is not the Wraith, but the Wraith will give us enough of problem that we cannot fight a two front war. I cannot wait to find out!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X