No announcement yet.

Five Horsemen Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I will tell you this. You are loosely correct.

(With the "Return Of The Ancients" series on break, I'll step in and "air" another chapter to entertain you all.)

Continuing on.

The Odyssey is brought out of hyperspace, it's exit window resonating rather strange effects. The Colonel looks ahead with confusion, as there appear to be no stars around the ship. It's pure darkness around the Odyssey.

"What the hell was that? Where are we?"

"As far as I can tell, we have moved further forward."

"Is the hyperdrive working yet? I want us to send a signal to Midway ASAP."

The only main systems online as of now are life support and the Asgard core."

"Why the Asgard core? What is it that keeps triggering the damn thing?"

Another hologram is projected onto the bridge, though there is no slight light radiance from it.

"You have been brought here because you have advanced far in your development, and through your fights with the Wraith. We know that the Wraith will go to Atlantis once again in force, and though you will try and fight them off you will lose the coming battle." (With that statement, the Colonel isn't too pleased to hear that.) "Your actions in the past will come to judge your future. You cannot eliminate the Wraith as you currently are now. You must attain the conviction necessary in order to survive and emerge in victory. If you do not, you will be destroyed, and the Wraith will continue to consume, heading outward into the voids and consume."

"What the hell...." the Colonel said to himself.

"Here, in this void, I, Janus of the Lanteans, shall gauge your efficiency and nature on this level. Your ship, Odyssey shall be tested against your greatest opponents."

"How the hell does he know the name of this ship? This Ancient was alive way back during the first Wraith war. That was 10,000 years ago." He looks off to the side for a moment.

"I know the name as I know yours, Colonel."

A look of chill is thrown right on the Colonel's face.

"You aren't a hologram?"

"Not now, I am not. The message that you first received was in fact created 10,000 years ago when I, and a small group returned to this region and began our plan to rid our galaxy of the Wraith once and for all. In my attempts, I did come close to finding effective solutions, though I was hampered with an consequence to my invention that was meant to destroy the Wraith fleet, and eliminate the main source of their power. It is their fleet that they use to keep a hold over on the populations of the galaxy at large."

"Yes, in fact another race did find your device and was able to activate it. The original Atlantis gate was destroyed in the process."

"I know."

The Colonel's expression turns to shock. "You knew?!"

"I know about the Asgard. I know they have been attempting to destroy the Wraith for a very long time now. And very soon they will be heading out in force. However, I will not tell you the outcome of this."

"You can see the future?"

"Only through my developed means. Us here will test you. Prepare to defend yourself." Janus dissapears.

The weapons officer has his control back. "Sir, weapons control is back. We have sublight as well. Wait--we have contacts closing!"

The klaxons go off on the ship as the ship is rocked by weapons fire.

"Can we tell who they are?"

The weapons officer is startled. "They're Wraith!"

"Get a weapons lock, now!"

Outside, the Odyssey is being fired upon by four Wraith Cruisers. The Odyssey is moving to engage them. A small series of darts emerge from the cruisers and flank the Odyssey.

"They're trying to flank us!"

"This can't be real, can it? How the hell did they get all the way out here?"

The bridge shakes again.

"Real enough. Return fire, main battery!"

The Odyssey moves across, firing it's plasma beam weapons, eliminating a cruiser and disabling another. The other two continue firing, as the darts swarm the ship, blasting away at the shields.

"Railguns, defensive fire. Try and elminate those darts." The ship shakes again. A series of railguns begins to eliminate the darts. The other cruisers continue firing. The Odyssey dispatches with several more darts and moves for another firing pass on the cruisers. Another is eliminated, leaving only two still intact. The last cruiser continues to fire on the Odyssey, making no attempts to escape, despite all other Wraith ships destroyed or disabled.

"Why don't they attempt to run? They just keep moving around us, expecting our shields to fail."

Another Ancient appears on the bridge, this one being different.

"Why haven't you finished them off? Your weapons are more than enough to decimate them within seconds. Yet, you hesitate. Had they been in your position, and you in theirs, you would be gone now. You are becoming like we once were. Now fight!"

Several more contacts appear on the scanners. Three hive ships are approaching the Odyssey.

"Picking up three hive ships incoming! They're firing on us!"

"What the hell is all this? Those ships can't be real."

"We can make as real-like as we can. Now destroy the Wraith and we can continue."

"Continue with what?"

"Your test."

The Odyssey, taking fire from the Wraith, rolls along it's approach, and fires on the first hive ship. The hive is extensively damaged, as the other two begin to launch darts. The Odyssey targets the dart bay of the second hive, destroying it, and triggering a massive series of breaches on it's entire left side. A sizable amount of debris is hanging off the side of the hive, as a large wave of darts swarm the Odyssey, and fire all across its shields. The railguns are dropping the darts left and right, as darts begin suicide runs to drain the Odyssey's shields faster. Another plasma beam blows off the hyperdrive engines on the hive, as the hives hull falls apart. The third hive launches a wave of darts, as the Odyssey turns to the last hive.

"Take down the last one!" The Colonel ordered.

The Odyssey heads at the remaining hive, railguns blazing in multiple directions, chewing up darts as it eliminates the final hive.

"Take us back and let's send a team to the cruiser. I want to know how that ship got here."

As the Odyssey approaches the remaining cruisers they dissapear.

"What the hell? You have something to do with this, don't you?" The Colonel said around himself.

Janus appears again. Alongside him is the other Ancient from before, and one additional on the other side of him.

"Yes, our station is capable of creating apparitions to test you. We should tell you that the damage you incurred during the battle is in fact real, and not an apparition."

"Real?! There's no way the Ancients would do this."

"A lot has happened since......... the crossing. When we were forced from our city of Atlantis, some of us were in fierce opposition to council doctine and our leader open about his beliefs was evicerated by our leader, Moros. Now we have come again to this life to set this, but only this right. You have achieved an extensive amount of ability through your victories against the Goa'uld, the Kiron Replicators, and even the Ori. You have the power to put an end to the Wraith, yet you stand still. You continue to underestimate their ability and intelligence as we once did, yet you vastly underestimate your own capabilities."

"Then why haven't you come to Atlantis and taken charge? What are you doing all the way out here, whatever the hell it is?" said the Colonel.

"One year after our exodus from Atlantis," Janus began.

A flashback to the events takes place. Janus' cloaked gateship is moving across a planetary surface, with the remains of an advanced civilization recently decimated by the Wraith.

"They're eliminating the most advanced civilizations one by one." said Janus.

"They're attempting to prevent anyone from gaining enough technological power to effectively fight them. Methodical." said another Ancient.

"I'm picking up something on the sensors. There are four ships at the far edge of the system, one is distinctly Wraith. The three others are consistent with this planet, Nelgor. The Wraith ship is attacking the three other ships. The other ships appear to be transports."

"Most of their military vessels were confirmed destroyed in the past years. Some of them may be attempting to escape with their technology intact."

"There appear to be as many as 3000 humans aboard those transports. The cruiser has a number of darts also with it."

"They won't survive. If anything, the Wraith are trying to disable them, and take the crews for feeding. Parasites they are."

"And our kind, in our quests for creation, ultimately made them what they are. The council wouldn't take my warnings in a serious light, and I resigned in protest."

"Yet Janus stayed on."

--(We return to the present.)

"My experiments in temporal science and mass subspace disruptors have proven that I needed a greater resolve to fight off the Wraith and put an end to them. In order to decisively win the war is to cut our losses."

"Cut your losses? You mean use that "Attero Device" that we destroyed a year and a half ago?"

"Yes, we know you have destroyed it.... shifting the upper hand back to the Wraith again." said another Ancient.

"We didn't do it for the Wraith. We did it to protect the human populations from the destructive effects of your device."

"We know. There is more than this in the universe that will affect this galaxy, and yours. Following our kind will lead your, or any race to extinction."

--End Of Chapter 5

Comment

Wow, its was great. I liked the little battle you had going on.

Comment

Great! I'm glad someone responded. I'm still trying to get my pace back up and more on par with the other major works currently in production here.

I would like to get some storyboard sketches done, and perhaps some "visual effects" done as well in the future. However some future ship designs will negate that portion quite extensively.

Comment

I had been very busy when it was posted and didnt even know cause where I was had no internet and I didnt have a computer, but anyways.

Thats cool, I look forward to see everything, once it comes in place.

Comment

Story sounds great so far, have read it twice now, keep it going.
            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Okay, getting close to getting another chapter up. I'm going to need some Ancient names to work with.

Comment

cool

sorry I cant think of any.

Comment

Great episode!
                  And maybe "Hermius"?
                  Not that good. But it's something..
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

The specific names I am looking for are for a Lantean security commander and a general in command of a combat fleet protecting a delegation.

On the planet's surface is the delegation, with three gateships plus a transport and one destroyer overhead. The Wraith have two cruisers overhead at a distance as well. Over and outward from the planet is a fleet of 28 Lantean ships.

Comment

Ehrm. Perhaps 'Gormeus'? Or maybe 'Gormagon'???
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, here's another installment into the saga.

Spoiler:
                        The flashback continues.

As the Wraith cruiser is attacking the three transports, the transports are firing back with their limited weaponry. The Wraith cruiser is only lightly
                        damaged. A series of darts disables one of the transports weapons, as the cruiser turns to it. The "Ancient" in the back of the jumper steps forward again.

"Take us to the battle, and fire on their main power system."

"I'll take us into hyperspace." The gateship opens a hyperspace window. Seconds later, it emerges near the battle.

The Wraith cruiser has disabled another of the transports, and is now gunning toward the third. The last transport is attempting to fight back still, but its weapons are no match for the Wraith ship. The jumper fires a drone at the cruiser, impacting it, and producing a red-green micro shockwave from it. The Wraith crew stop firing on the transport, as a number of darts turn towards the gateship.

"The Wraith are turning towards us. I count twelve darts. They're firing on us."

The darts fire at the gateship. To the surprise of the Wraith, the gateship is unaffected by the Wraith's weapons. The gateship accelerates faster, bearing right at the Wraith darts. The jumper collides with two darts head on, with the gateship unscathed. The darts keep firing at the gateship, in the hope that it will be destroyed.

It doesn't happen. The jumper fires a much faster, red-colored drone which goes through the wave of darts, and as it passes by all of the darts, the darts are all disabled. The drone heads for the cruiser penetrating it's hull, and exiting the other side. The drone circles the cruiser a few more times and penetrates it's hull a few more times. The drone exits the cruiser again, and stops. The 'tentacles' of the drone extend and shift into a circle pattern, as the top of the drone opens like a flower. The drone turns around and spins again, faster than before, creating a resonating effect from it. The drone impacts again on the bottom of the cruiser, creating a multi-layered blast throughout the cruiser's undersection, as the cruiser changes color from the impact to a dark greenish-greyish color, as the cruiser falls apart and explodes. The transports hold their position.

"They appear to be scanning the wreckage from the cruiser hull, and the necrotized darts. One of the transports is moving towards the wreckage. It appears that they are going to take samples of the dead hull from the cruiser and darts."

"Good. They can examine the wreckage and the samples to improve their weapons in time to be more effective against the Wraith ships. How much time is still a question."

-We return to the present.-

"We encountered some remnants of the most advanced civilizations as they attempted to escape the Wraith with their technology intact. They knew they would need their industrial base intact in order to fight them off in the future. A number of others were in agreement."

"So some of them tried to rebuild?" the Colonel replied.

"Yes. Some would try to rebuild, but the Wraith pursued them relentlessly."

"Another race we encountered was extragalactic in origin."

Another flashback occurs.

"We found another ship being attacked by a Wraith hive. This ship carried weapons more powerful than any of the other groups we found. This ship was able to hold out against the hive longer than anyone else, and even was able to inflict some damage upon the Wraith. You have encountered them before."

"You're talking about the Asgard, aren't you?"

"I think you have answered your own question."

"What else did you find?"

"The Asgard were conducting experiments to repair their genetic degradation from their cloning of themselves. They also found my subspace disruptor array and successfully activated it, damaging the Wraith fleet again."

"We were attacked by them, and they stole a critical component needed to operate the device. They succeeded in reactivating the device, but the Stargates starting exploding. That's why you shut off the device the first time."

"Yes, another effect from the array was that stargates were affected upon use and would self-destruct within a minute."

"Atlantis was nearly destroyed in the process."

"We know that too."

"How can you know all of this? I don't want hear the games and riddles. I've heard about enough of them from Sheppard."

"We will not play games with you. We will tell you the truth. We are not like the Lanteans who act out of cowardice. I and my collegues have come to return to the original ways. One way or another, the Wraith will finally be eliminated from the universe. It's a matter of when and who will survive in the end."

"So are you saying you'll get involved with the fight against the Wraith?"

"In some ways, yes."

"And what ways will that be?"

"If we told you, there is a likely chance you will attempt to impede us."

"Why would we do that?"

"You have allowed yourself to negotiate with the Wraith rather than oppose them. This is the main reason why you are unable to eliminate them. You have become more interested in "curing" them rather than exterminating them. We attempted this before. Our final attempt at creating a truce was met with a slaughter. Janus told your first leader this 10,000 years ago......"

Another flashback occurs.

"Our delegation was protected by 28 of our warships, two-thirds of our remaining fleet. We knew that the Wraith vastly outnumbered us in ships and troops, we didn't know yet the true reason for this being. No matter how many we kept destroying, they kept sending more and more."

"And had I been permitted to take a destroyer out, I would have easily found out why." the other Ancient interrupts.

"Yes, perhaps. Our delegation went to their command hive and encountered severals queens and commanders. We offered them an opportunity to eliminate their need to feed upon humans and create a peace between them and us...... They wanted nothing from us except, our destruction."

Three Lantean gateships and a larger transport land on the planet, with a destroyer overhead. A number of darts and two cruisers are directly overhead as well. Inside at the meeting area, we have a number of Lanteans on one side, including a number of others from several worlds attacked by the Wraith. The Lanteans attempt to offer a solution to end the fighting between the Lanteans and the Wraith. Across the chamber is several queens and keepers, alongside several Wraith commanders, one of them later known as "Todd". The queen accuses the lead Lantean that they are simply stalling out of fear of the Wraith.

"We have control of countless worlds now, and we want your unconditional surrender."

"We are offering you a chance to coexist with all in this galaxy and put and end to this fighting that has been going on for 100 years. We want to put an end to this before it gets worse for both our sides."

"You know you will lose to us. You have fewer and fewer ships, and many of your worlds are in our hands now. You cannot stop us. We will bring you to your knees before us. We are unstoppable. Our victory is inevitable."

"Then we have come here for nothing."

(to the Lantean delegation)

"We're leaving."

The queen stands from her makeshift throne.

"No, none of you are."

"We both came here unarmed. That was the agreement."

"Yes, it was the agreement. And we have no intention of stopping our cultivation. Wraith are unending. The Lanteans however, are ending. We will conquer your capital city next."

She touches her white pendant, and stretches her arms out, as her pendant glows bright and fires a massive wave stunning the Ancient delegation. On one of the Lantean's belt, a communicator activates and a voice says, "Administrator, it's a trap. All security get our people out of there now!" Wraith stunners and Lantean weapon fire can be heard in the background afterward.

The Lantean security commander taps his communicator again, contacting his ship.

"Commander, this is Xantiko. Prepare to receive the gateships and ready weapons. We need to fight them off long enough to get back to the Atlantis perimeter.

The bridge of the destroyer is being rocked at the very moment.

"We already know! We've engaged the cruisers and their fighters. We're trying to protect the main transport, but we're stuck right here and cannot move."

On the surface some of the Lanteans are making their way to the gateships and transport ship. Several darts are seen heading for them.

"Try and take them down! We need to get the Administrator and his delegation out of here now! Administrator, respond! Administrator!"

The Lantean administrator is lying on his side amongst the rest of the incapacitated delegation. The queen moves to him as a Wraith warrior picks his body up. The queen takes his communicator from his belt. She speaks into it.

"Your delegation belongs to us now. As will all of you aboard your ships. You cannot escape us. We will take all of your kind, and then we will take Atlantis."

The security commander and two other Lanteans are listening to the queen on the other end.

"There's no one we can save. Fall back to the gateships and prepare to rejoin the other ships."

"Commander, our people may still be alive down there."

"I've made the decision. We will return to the gateships and launch immediately."

The destroyer is still taking fire from the Wraith, and taking on damage. One gateship has risen from the surface and has cloaked. Several security personnel have boarded another gateship and the rest have begun entering the transport. The transport fires a few drones from its position on the surface, destroying two darts. The destroyer forces a Wraith cruiser down, destroying it. The destroyer starts taking excessive fire on its top side. A hive ship is firing at the Lantean ship from orbit as another Lantean ship is exchanging fire with it.

The commander of the destroyer contacts another commander on another ship.

"General Gatelis, the Wraith have attacked our delegation on the surface. Once the last of our security personnel have boarded the transport, we will join the rest of the fleet. We can't attempt rescue of our remaining people."

Aboard a Lantean battleship, Gatelis is directing commands from his central station. He is unpleased with the security commander's words.

"Understood. Have the transport break off as quickly as possible and make a run back to the perimeter."

The general turns to his officers.

"Take us at the forward hive. Have Cruiser units three and four follow suit. We need to outflank them before they can get a sizeable amount of darts outward."

The general's battleship and two cruisers move further towards the planet and the hive firing at another destroyer and towards the surface. Further out, a number of Lantean ships are currently engaged with a large Wraith armada. Two Lantean battleships are taking fire from two hive ships and a number of cruisers. One of the battleships fires a cluster of drones, eliminating one of the cruisers. Another fires a small burst of drones at a hive, while firing from it's side turrets at a number of darts. The hives send out dozens of darts to sward the ships. A Lantean cruiser, having taken significant damage is destroyed by a Wraith hive. A destroyer comes apart as three cruisers bombard it with weapons fire. A battleship explodes as another one destroys a hive ship.

Continued in next post.
                        Last edited by ussrelativity; 14 September 2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

^Ran out of space in my last post.

Here's the rest of the "chapter".

Spoiler:
                          Nine more hives and numerous cruisers emerge from hyperspace. The Lanteans are now outnumbered more than three to one now. A stream of drones tears a hive apart as a wave of darts leave the ship just before it is destroyed. A destroyer and a cruiser engage several Wraith cruisers with a number of darts shooting ahead, swarming them as well. The destroyer fires several drones to take out a few darts, but three times as many shoot forward than before.

Another battleship's shields fail, triggering even more damage to the ship. A hive ceases fire on it as a number of darts force their way into a landing bay.

Inside the bay, three darts deposit numerous Wraith. Another two darts deposit more Wraith as Wraith warriors begin storming the ship.

--End Of Chapter 6.

Comment

Great episode!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

Actually, that is still part of "6x20 Komaris" I've still got more backstory to go down with in the descriptions and narration from Janus and his group.

No one seems to think it's weird that the main Atlantis team isn't involved in this one? Carter didn't like being pulled from this one for sure.

The next historical flashback after the Ancient's last negotiation attempt & siege will be with the Asurans.

I didn't think with that last portion I would be forced into 2 posts, but I really got fired up with that last one.

Comment

Its great.

I cant wait for more.

Comment

Working...
                                X