Fox: 'Lost' spinoffs are 'impossible'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox: 'Lost' spinoffs are 'impossible'

Matthew Fox has dismissed the possibility of spinoff shows when Lost ends next year.

The actor, who plays Dr. Jack Shephard in the cult drama, revealed that he knows what the "final image" of the series will be.

Asked if that meant that he was aware of a single image, he replied: "Yes. I literally just know that final image."

"I don't think the word 'Lost' will come up at the end of the last [episode]," he told Digital Spy. "That's how much finality it will have. Unlike any other episode ever done on Lost, I think it will just go to black and that will be it."

On rumours of a spinoff show, Fox added: "I think the show will end in a way that there really cannot be any future of Lost. That would be my guess."

Lost returns for its sixth and final season in early 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...mpossible.html

no one would kill a cash cow,, people like money way too much to throw it away.. and not take advantage of some type of spinoff

btw, I watched the last episode over again yesterday and really enjoyed it all over again..

My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
      no one would kill a cash cow,, people like money way too much to throw it away.. and not take advantage of some type of spinoff

btw, I watched the last episode over again yesterday and really enjoyed it all over again..

I think a spin-off is unlikely. If anything they'd do a different show with a similar style.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I actually like this comment by Fox. It'll be interesting to see how it all ends. It's certainly been quite the ride so far
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          I actually like this comment by Fox. It'll be interesting to see how it all ends. It's certainly been quite the ride so far
          lol that's an understatement.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
            lol that's an understatement.
            Haha, I know. There are just so many open storylines and dangling ends, that I'm very intrigued as to how they all tie together at the end. Fox makes things sound so definite, so it seems like it has to be done well...I hope
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

I'm actually hoping for a really sad ending. Few of the main characters die, ect.

Not many shows anymore go that way... everyone wants the characters to be sunshine happy.

Comment

Yes, it has been quite the ride. I just regret not getting involved in this show sooner. That "final image" Fox talked about has me very intrigued.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I'm actually hoping for a really sad ending. Few of the main characters die, ect.

Not many shows anymore go that way... everyone wants the characters to be sunshine happy.
                  I agree. I'd like to see most of the main characters killed off by/at the end. Jack, Desmond, "Locke" and Kate are the only people who 'survive'.... who's with me?!
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                    I agree. I'd like to see most of the main characters killed off by/at the end. Jack, Desmond, "Locke" and Kate are the only people who 'survive'.... who's with me?!
                    Aha ha you're on your own with that one.

I'm sure more than a few of them won't be making it off the island though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

Lol, I actually don't want this to happen. One of the harder things for me with regards to Lost has been character deaths. Now, my favorite characters still haven't died, but I still felt like things changed a lot when characters died, and in a way that I can't really describe.

It's what I fear they'll do with SGU, coincidentally. I don't want to suddenly start losing people in season 2 or something

I'm actually hoping for a relatively happy ending, though it's improbable that there won't be at least 2 more deaths in season 6, lol.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol, I actually don't want this to happen. One of the harder things for me with regards to Lost has been character deaths. Now, my favorite characters still haven't died, but I still felt like things changed a lot when characters died, and in a way that I can't really describe.

It's what I fear they'll do with SGU, coincidentally. I don't want to suddenly start losing people in season 2 or something

I'm actually hoping for a relatively happy ending, though it's improbable that there won't be at least 2 more deaths in season 6, lol.
                        After all they have been through, I just don't think a happy ending is in the cards.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          After all they have been through, I just don't think a happy ending is in the cards.
                          But after all they've been through, and will still go through in Season 6, I feel like they deserve it all the more
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

But after all they've been through, and will still go through in Season 6, I feel like they deserve it all the more
                            I just don't want the ending to be too far a departure from what the show has been like.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As far as I am concerned, just give Evangeline Lilly her own show. I just watched several of her interviews on the various talk shows on youtube, and that woman is unbelievably sexy and down to earth. She was hilarious on both Ellen and on Craig Ferguson, and I think Jimmy Kimmel has a huge crush on her (I know I do!).

Truly a goddess.
                              ---------------------
                              sigpic
                              Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Working...
                              X