This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

I just finished watching every episode os SG1, and theres few things that just keeps bugging me.

1. Where does the gates in primitive/abandoned worlds get their power?.
    2. Why dosen't the unstable vortex vaporize the iris?.
    3. Why didn't Anubis leave earth's orbit when he saw that humans had found the ancient weapons platform?.

For your first question Stargates get their power from the DHD, if the DHD is not present or is damaged or destroyed then an alternate means to power the gate must be found. I am pretty sure DHDs wirelessly send power to the Stargate but there have been special cases where the DHD had to be wired to the Stargate.
    Spoiler:
    Such as in the episode 48 Hours when in order to get Teal'c out of the Stargates buffer an event horizon had to be created without establishing a wormhole. The DHDs control crystal was removed and the DHD was wired to the Stargate.

To answer your second question the iris is placed close enough to the event horizon that if it is closed when the Stargate activates it will not allow the unstable vortex to form.

To answer your third question Anubis did not leave Earth's orbit when he saw that the humans had found the Antarctic Outpost because he was arrogant and thought that he could capture the Antarctic Outpost before the Tau'ri were able to use the Ancient knowledge to activate the Ancient Weapons Platform.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

Comment

Okay, but i also watched SGA and they have those stargates in planetary orbits without DHD's. Are they just so much upgraded from the milky way gates that they don't need the DHD power.

Comment

Originally posted by Nahkamies View Post
        Okay, but i also watched SGA and they have those stargates in planetary orbits without DHD's. Are they just so much upgraded from the milky way gates that they don't need the DHD power.
        You will notice that on the space gates there is a small device attached to them. This provides their power and is also what realigns them to keep their orbit stable.
        Last edited by TrueLordOfNetu; 26 June 2009, 03:40 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep, they pretty much covered it.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
          X