This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Christmas Gift to me

Every Christmas I give myself a gift, just in case no one else realizes what a good girl I've been all year long. Does anyone else do that and what have been some of the gifts you've given yourself the last few years? If you have a holiday tradition other than Christmas, please share as well.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

I never stop buying things for myself, but I don't wrap anything up and put it under the tree for myself to open. I just buy things whenever I want, even if it is right around Christmas time and I could just ask for what it is I want.

Comment

I got myself a dictionary of classical mythology!

I'm gonna but shoes galore in the January sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

I'm gonna but shoes galore in the January sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Don't you just love the January Sales?! I never minded getting cash from my long-distance grandparents when I was younger. Because I was on a growing spirt most of my life, they found it easier to send me the money for a sweater than to buy the wrong size because I'd maximized it at the January Sales!

I still buy ornrments the day after Christmas...I go on the 23rd or early morning on the 24th to see which stores have the best selection still available and make a bee line on the day after. I have them wrap them at the store and just let them stay wrapped until next year. Sometimes I even forget what I've bought so it's a treat to unwrap the new stuff.
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by -ry@n-
          I never stop buying things for myself, but I don't wrap anything up and put it under the tree for myself to open. I just buy things whenever I want, even if it is right around Christmas time and I could just ask for what it is I want.
          Welcome Newbie!

I buy things for myself all year as well, but I leave the extra special things til Christmas. Last year it was a car (A year ago today actually) and this year, it is a Dell computer with all of the bells and whistles. (Even though it's a Dell, it's costing me almost as much as the car...)
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

I don't really buy myself gifts, but I pretty much get what I suggest that I might like.

Comment

I try and buy me at least one every month, wheither it be a movie or a game for my PC. It has to be within by budget, though. If I want some bad enough, outside my budget, and can wait for it, I put it on my Christmas list.

Comment

Giving yourself a gift... well thats a new one...
                sounds good to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Wow! Now that's a girl after my own heart! A couple of years ago we had a really Booky christmas at my house. I asked (begged, grovelled and cried) for an unabridged, un-modernized, hardbound edition of "Le Morte D'Artur" and I actually got it! And that same year I bought my mom a new dictionary (the Oxford American Dictionary). We both spent the entire Christmas vacation carrying them around with us everywhere and hugging them and scowling at people who tried to take them and saying things like "no touchy! My book!" I seriously wondered if my mom was going to haul it to church with her...and she STILL sleeps with her dictionary next to her bed...you know, just in case she has a dream with a word she doesn't know and wakes up and has to look it up...(english majors...go figure)

But I gotta give my mom more cred than me because her tome weighed several pounds more than mine...but I suppose it was good exercise and helped us burn off all those extra holiday calories.

Anyway to answer the original question, I often buy myself a little something for my birthday/christmas. This year I got myself a little stuffed penguin, because I'm a student starting in January and therefore poor, but I usually get myself something kinda expensive. I collect dragons so the past 2 years I got myself a dragon.
                  Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

I try to travel around the end of the year and last year I gave myself a trip to London to see in the New Year.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's so neat Kliggins! Where else have you travelled?

I buy myself a piece of diamond jewelry for the holidays every year. Shallow I know! But I'm not blingy for no reason!

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                        That's so neat Kliggins! Where else have you travelled?

I buy myself a piece of diamond jewelry for the holidays every year. Shallow I know! But I'm not blingy for no reason!
                        Wow; diamond jewelry; you should be my mom's daughter. She loves diamonds.

I have been to Germany, France, Austria, Scotland, Wales, Switzerland, and many states in the US. My dad used to work for an airline. Travel priviledges until age 21 and being broke thereafter from wanting to go everywhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

*Sigh*Diamonds ,travel......very cool indeed !

I've been too ill to eat any treats,lately,but I'm planning to get myself some Belgian chocolates,and keep them all for myself .

Not very ambitious,I know,but my kids tend to dive in and swarm any choccie I don't lock up !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Not very ambitious,I know,but my kids tend to dive in and swarm any choccie I don't lock up !
                            What a bummer to be ill around the holidays! I know where you come from about hiding the chocolate tho...My birthday is Valentine's Day and my kids decimate my chocolate, one because she's a true chocoholic like mommy, and the other...I think she raids mommy's goodies just on principal.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              *Sigh*Diamonds ,travel......very cool indeed !

I've been too ill to eat any treats,lately,but I'm planning to get myself some Belgian chocolates,and keep them all for myself .

(((FHB))). I hope you are feeling better. I have been very fortunate, but there are always trade offs. Pssst; pass some of those Belgian chocolates over here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X