This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline Please !

(SPOILERS below for Atlantis Season One's "Before I Sleep" ...)

I'm not following the serie anymore, We saw recently that when they were in the ancient hidding from the wraith, no one was suffering from the pleague, and they just left for earth. So I read somewhere that they werre defeated by a pleague ? where was it ?

When they left earth with their great city were they already infected ? If yes, it makes no sense cause it says that it was the Wraith of created this, and they don't know our galaxy.

plz make a nice timeline, if possible with the implementation of ancient outpost, the creation of the 2 stargate network, the alliance of the 4 races, and things I may have forgot

thx
    Last edited by Darren; 10 December 2004, 01:12 PM.
    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
    - The Nox

We don't know enough information to make that timeline. We can only try to piece together what we know. Obviously the ancients made the outpost on earth before they left and I guess we can assume that the stargates were made before they left since the g'ould would have been using them before they returned 10,000 years ago. It doesn't say anywhere that the Wraith created the plague. For all we know Atlantis itself may have just been a large expidition to another galaxy and not the sum of the entire Ancient race.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

damned ... I will never be able to figure it out what's going on on this show lol ... thx for editing admin, I didn't noticed that was spoiler ! lol
      - The Nox

Comment

In "Frozen" it would seem they left Earth because they were being wiped out by the plague but in Atlantis apparently they managed to cure it. Then they met the Wraith and went back to Earth and mingled with humans or something. I'd say:

-The Ancient's evolve on Earth
        -They create the Stargates
        -The plague appears and starts wiping them out
        -For some reason they leave Earth (because of it?)
        -They take Atlantis with them, leaving Ayiana behind.
        -They start exploring Pegasus
        -They encounter the Wraith
        -They are defeated by the Wraith
        -They go back to Earth
        and then... shady stuff.

Since they went back to Earth, shouldn't there be at least one Ancient city around? Especially in Antartica where their gate was? What happened to those Ancients. Why did they leave Ayiana's body frozen where it was? Did they just come to Earth and mingle with the budding human civilizations then died out leaving behind only a gene that shows up every now and then? Did they leave again? Did they just decide to ascend?

We really don't know much about them. I guess that with SG-A it will all be clarified in due time. These guys are really interesting. I would certainly also like to know more about the history of the Nox and the Asgard. And obviously the Furlings. I wonder what happened to them.
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Maybe when the went back to earth their Antarctic gate was frozen/buried and they came out through Ra's gate and he killed them all, captured them or forced them to build him some tech. Maybe that's how he became the SUPREME system lord.
          My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

-The Ancient's evolve on Earth
            Except for that, your list is pretty much dead on. There's no evidence, in the show or otherwise, that would indicate that ancients evolved on Earth.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Except that the Earth stargate is one of, if not the oldest in the network. It least shows that Earth had a significant role for them.
              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                Except that the Earth stargate is one of, if not the oldest in the network. It least shows that Earth had a significant role for them.
                I assume you mean the original Earth gate, found in Antarctica, and not the one currently in use by the SGC, which was brought to Earth by Ra.
                Rocky

Comment

Earth is one of the worlds the ancients seeded human life on. There were are a few, but Earth was likely the last one they seeded before leaving for Pegasus.

Earth is significant to the ancients, but they didn't evolve on Earth.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                    In "Frozen" it would seem they left Earth because they were being wiped out by the plague but in Atlantis apparently they managed to cure it.
                    It's far more likely that Atlantis was the last place in the Milky Way where healty Ancients lived. They would've gotten reports from the other planets telling them about the plague and about certain people ascending when they died. The Atlantean counsil could have decided to block all incomming wormholes from the infected planets so that all Ancients from the non-infected planets could come to Atlantis to escape the plague (Like we would do). When the plague started to come near Atlantis the counsil would've ordered to block all incomming wormholes and prepare the city for the journey to the Pegasus galaxy. Ayiana was left behind, possibly because the had a different illness (Dr. Frasier said it resembled meningitis) and was too late to recieve medical help, so the counsil decided to leave her behind (Without knowing the where Atlantis went, to prevent others to follow and possible infect them) so she could tell the other Ancients, who were too late to come with Atlantis, that Atlantis had already left.
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                      Earth is one of the worlds the ancients seeded human life on. There were are a few, but Earth was likely the last one they seeded before leaving for Pegasus.

Earth is significant to the ancients, but they didn't evolve on Earth.
                      Doubtful, unless they also falsified the oldest fossil records (which pre-date the Ancients by quite a long time).
                      The Unknown James

Comment

Possible Spoilers..

The other confusing part is that the show has hinted that much of the Gould tech was actually salvaged Ancient tech (rings, power crystals, etc) so if Ra came to earth in a ship designed from Ancient ships (maybe) then the Ancients were already pretty much gone. Since Atlantis had 3 ZPMS they could have been going back and forth to Earth preparing their evacuation. Of course the whole conflict with Ra already being in Egypt at the same time is somewhat confusing as well unless the Ancients already had a non-interference directive and they left him alone to enslave their "human" decendants.

Comment

This is the Timeline that I really like. A quick search in the General Discussion Folder found it. I had to amend to it with recent discoveries, though. Naturally, some is speculative, but it’s the best we can do.

There are spoilers.

~65 million years ago: The extinction of the dinosaurs and beginning of the reign of mammals.

~50 million years ago: Ancients were on Earth and the Stargates were made (The information of the power supply of the DHD suggest that they last 50 million years and the first and oldest DHD on Earth and possibly the Gate system lost power recently. If the Ancients evolved on Earth or came to Earth is still unknown. Also from a pure Earth perspective Primitive monkeys have evolved around this time so the Ancients must have evolved either very quickly and where we would not have found evidence of their evolution.)

~30 million years ago: Ancients settled the galaxy. (The Ancient star map from Proclarush was about this old since it was updated. The outpost has to be older than or as old as the map.)

~3 million years ago: Atlantis leaves Earth for Pegasus (From the ice core samples around the area they found the Ancient "Ayiana" and since "Ayiana" was alive at the time the city left Earth. The Atlantis City was probably built to explore another galaxy. After the city left Ayiana was frozen probably left as a care taker of the outpost. Other planets have Ancients on them and they go on with their lives.)

~200,000 years ago: The first Humans show up on Earth (From the earliest fossil records we know that beings of this form and abilities evolved around this time.)

~200,000 - 11,000: The Alliance of the four races is formed; The Nox, Asgard, Ancient and Furlings are the founders.

~25,000 - 10,000: Ascension Research.

~14,000 years ago: A plague spreads around the Milky Way Galaxy killing the most of the Ancients and leaving the rest to ascend. ("Ayiana" is somehow infected with the plague while in stasis probably because her chamber was damaged. The plague must have wiped out the Ancients from Earth before the Goa'uld came to Earth, the Goa'uld would have been destroyed by the Ancient weapons. But the Pegasus Ancients were resurching ascending so could the Milky Way Ancients found the way first.The Ancient gate is become inactive at this time for some reason, might have been burried in ice.)

Lets call this period the Goa'uld era.
                          ~12,000 years ago: The Goa'uld Ra finds Earth. (They begin enslaving humans; some are genetically modified to serve as Jaffa. They find the Ancient's technology and learning from it create the sarcophagus and other devices. They probably came by ship since if they came by Stargate they would have found the Ancient outpost.)

~10,000 years ago: The Goa'uld brings a Stargate to Egypt. (It would have taken them years or decades to get to Earth by ship. So bringing a Stargate would be more convenient.)

~10,000 years ago: The war with the Wraith ends with the retreat of the Ancients from the Pegasus galaxy back to Earth. They live the rest of their lives on Earth or ascend. (Since some Humans are found to have Ancient gene markers their must be a biological relationship between Humans and Ancients. Also the story of Atlantis founded in certain groups. This would mean the Ancients ended up in Egypt and saw that the Goa'uld had taken over Earth.)

~5,340-4000 years ago: The Akkadians Aliens (Fire and Water alien wrote in a language from Earth called Cuneiform used by the Akkadians and Sumerians) came to Earth to help overthrow the Goa'uld, Omoroca (Akkadians Aliens) tried to lead a uprising but Belus (The Goa'uld Baal) stopped it.

~5,000 years ago: In an uprising among the slaves of Egypt, the Stargate is buried. Some forbid writing citing it the cause of the uprising among the slaves. The Goa'uld cutting their losses abandons Earth. (We have to understand that the speed of Goa'uld ships is very slow at this time, it would have taken them years or decades to get to Earth by ship they, from what Teal'c told us the Goa'uld ships he was trained to fly was only capable of 10xftl, it has only been recently that they have gained greater speeds. We can assume that that early Goa'uld ships were slower than 10xftl. They also did not want to take the time and transplant another Stargate.)
                          End of Goa'uld era.

~4,000 - Egeria queen mother of all Tok'ra symbiotes, believed to have been destroyed by the Supreme System Lord Ra some 2,000 years ago.

~2,364 years ago: Plato writes in The Dialogues specifically about Atlantis which he gets information from Egyptian priests. (This would suggest that the Ancients gated to the Giza gate and not the artic gate.)

~2,000 years ago: Later the Antarctic Gate is activated, for a few years they take slaves but due to the location of the gate not a large Goa'uld force is sent and soon after the gate is lost again they abandon Earth. (It is unknown how but ice shifts might have unburied the gate but soon after it might have been reburied.) Since we have seen a Christian world ruled by Sokar (Demons) playing the devil it is likely the Goa’uld took slaves from at least 2000 years ago but judging by their views and type of devil they feared and cultural aspects I would say 1500 to 1000 years ago would be better. (The Goa'uld also knows that the Earth has two Stargates, from Fair Game were they demand we give up the two Stargates in exchange for protection.)

~1600-1000 years ago: The Protected Planets Treaty is made between the Asgard and the Goa'uld. Twenty-six planets are stated as protected from Goa'uld enslavement and other worlds were cited as safe worlds for developing sentient species. (Norse runes date back 1600 years. Since we have seen a Norse descended planet we can assume that the Asgard created the planet by visiting Earth around this period. Thor said in Thor's Chariot that he created Cimmeria in ten-span since, so what is a ten span mean in Asgard. )

~10 years ago: We activate our Stargate, and kill Ra.

~1 year ago: Atlantis Rises.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chevron_nine If they were in fact, captured, they would porbably have ascend. don't you think ?

For those who wanna know why RÂ was the Supreme System Lord, you will know it in the part2 of SG-1 and Atlantis. So if you can't wait read my spoiler.

tfalls1 > if you wanna some spoiler from Atlantis/SG-1:
                            Spoiler:
                            RÂ, did, in fact, have a ZPM I won't say anything else but with the current episode you can easily mannage to create your own story of what we're going to do It's so amazing isn't it ?

so after my little spoiler, Mio > nice little story, but it's clear you didn't read the spoiler. You will see some date might change radically :`D [Read the short spoiler up there for explaination].
                            My theory on How Goa'uld found earth yes it's because of the spoiler so read it if you wanna :
                            Spoiler:
                            RÂ had a ZPM in his posession when he was controlling the planet that we saw in the movie, so that was after he found earth. I think that the goa'uld has mannage to found an ancient outpost somewhere in the galaxy, saw the earth gate adress, took the ZPM in there and decided to go to that gate adress. That's the way they found us and have been able to get a ZPM
                            - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                              My theory on How Goa'uld found earth yes it's because of the spoiler so read it if you wanna :
                              Spoiler:
                              RÂ had a ZPM in his posession when he was controlling the planet that we saw in the movie, so that was after he found earth. I think that the goa'uld has mannage to found an ancient outpost somewhere in the galaxy, saw the earth gate adress, took the ZPM in there and decided to go to that gate adress. That's the way they found us and have been able to get a ZPM
                              Reply to spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Actually, I think that would support his timeline more than your theory. Ra could've obtained the ZPM from the Ancients as they returned from Atlantis (they had to take some equipment to build their new home). If the Goa'uld Ra had found a stargate database in an ancient outpost, the Abydos Cartouche should've been much more complete.
                              Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Working...
                              X