This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Fan Events/Campaign

Welcome to the brand new *Stargate Atlantis Fan Events/Campaign* thread.

What this thread is intended for:

Spread the news about fan activities/events to support the show.
    Plan activities/events, writing campaigns, etc to support the show.

So, by and large, it is an announcement only thread with the exception of planning needed for these activities/events.

What this thread is NOT for is:

Discussing how and why the show ended.
    Discussing whether or not these activities are worth while or valuable or appropriate.
    Discussing anything about the show.
    Dissing, expressing anger towards or disparaging the powers that be in any way.

There are numerous other threads for these discussions and sharing of opinions.

This thread is ONLY for people to plan and share info about activities/events they plan to arrange and/or participate in to display their support for the show.

Leave the politics and personal opinions at the door and simply concentrate on the activities.

Violate the rules of this thread and you will lose your posting privileges.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Sorry Skydiver, What???????????
    There are only 10 types of people in the world
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mathfun View Post
      Sorry Skydiver, What???????????
      Now I'm confused.
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

lol, you guys

In a nutshell, this is the new campaign thread.
        The other save SGA campaign thread was closed, partly due to us not being able to stay focused on the reason for the thread and went off-topic with random discussions despite being warned a few times... among other things...

Instead of just getting rid of the campaign thread completely, they've created another one with some clear cut rules.
        It's just for discussing the campaign and campaign announcements - none of the other discussions we were having before about TPTB, SGU and other news.
        </nutshell>

Anyway, as some of you already know, the Save SGA campaign site at http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign has it's own forum now at: http://forum.saveatlantis.com.

The campaign needs some help in a few areas: Campaign Update & Needs
        If anyone is able to help, it'd really be appreciated
        Save Atlantis Forum
        TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

The next phase of the campaign will start end of June and go through to the end of August -- no exact date set, but that will be posted here and on the website when we decide the precise dates.

As for right now, these are the thing you can do to help the campaign to Save Atlantis!

CAMPAIGN UPDATE: MAY 09

The Save SGA campaign has it's own forum now. It's at

http://forum.saveatlantis.com/

Huge thanks to WraithinMe for building it!

Here are the main things we need help with:

* Contacting vendors,etc., from a list from the San Diego Comicon: We are trying to locate businesses that would be willing to put out our flyers/order-forms, maybe even have a T-shirt or two, as well. We need help with this, big time!

*Going to Comicon or a Con? We need folks that are going to Comicon (San Diego, Atlanta, etc.,.) and other cons, SG and sci-fi related) to step-up and help. It should not be too time consuming, as the campaign materials will be made available, and are easy and ready to print. Same goes for T-shirts.

*Printing and Campaign Material: We need your help if you have a contact willing to help out in the printing industry. If we could get group account going, we could pay-as-you-go for flyers and T-shirts. Or if any person owns a print shop and is willing/able to help us, that would be even better!

* Change your Signature: Add the website and SaveAtlantis forums to your signature and/or post it on other threads too.

*Video: It would be great for the campaign to get a video about phase two. We can discuss it in detail on the new forum, in a thread just about the video.

* Become a member: While this a simple one, and free, it will help us get updates/reminders to you when the campaign is in full-swing. Just click on the join us button or at the top banner on the home page (sorry, no direct link!) and fill in your email -- that's it. The website is a http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign and also at www.SaveAtlanits.com

If you want to get more involved with helping the campaign, you can contact the campaign by sending me a PM or post here through this site, sci-fi forums, or on the new SaveAtlantis forums or through the website, at SaveAtlantis.com We will get back to you as soon as we can Thanks!
          Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
          Save Atlantis Campaign Website
          Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
          NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
          Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
          SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
            lol, you guys

In a nutshell, this is the new campaign thread.
            The other save SGA campaign thread was closed, partly due to us not being able to stay focused on the reason for the thread and went off-topic with random discussions despite being warned a few times... among other things...

Instead of just getting rid of the campaign thread completely, they've created another one with some clear cut rules.
            It's just for discussing the campaign and campaign announcements - none of the other discussions we were having before about TPTB, SGU and other news.
            </nutshell>

Anyway, as some of you already know, the Save SGA campaign site at
            http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign
            has it's own forum now at: http://forum.saveatlantis.com.

The campaign needs some help in a few areas: Campaign Update & Needs
            If anyone is able to help, it'd really be appreciated
            Thank you. Now I understand.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world
            Those who understand binary
            and those who don't.

Comment

I should have been more clear in my explanations, and I apologize for that. Wraith in me is right, the ONLY reason we closed the old one and started a new one was to clarify things a bit and make it easier for the mods to enforce the 'on topic' rule.

One of the reasons we changed the format was people were getting mean spirited. And it won't help your cause. So we thought, if we could take the debate and discussion out of it, it'd free the thread up to be more of what it was meant to be, a way for you guys to discuss and plan your activities with the focus being on what you plan to and want to do, not tptb and anyone's feelings about them.

And, we hope, your campaign could go past simply saving the show, but supporting the movie and expressing your encouragement for it.

We want to help get the focus back onto the enthusiasm and energy needed for a campaign and supporting the show, rather than staying mired in the past and not moving past it.

You can't change the past, but you might be able to influence the future.

sigpic

Comment

has anybody use the tv ads to help the campaign

Comment

I don't think so -- TV is really expensive. Even getting a table at say Comicon runs between 800 and 2400 I think. TV ads would run more than that. Internet banner ads or newspaper ads would be more likely to happen. If anyone has the money to spare and can help with these things, it sure would be great.
                  Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
                  Save Atlantis Campaign Website
                  Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
                  NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
                  Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
                  SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

tv ads won't work and really, like sga fan said, really expensive both to make and to get on the air. the only way they're affordable is on the local level, which won't do much good.

what might get you some mileage is, organize a letter or postcard campaign to flood scifi with post cards simply saying 'send us more atlantis please'

fans could make graphics that people print out and glue onto a regular post card.

instead of remembering the past, focus on the future and what you ultimately want, more atlantis. show them that fan support is there for more from the franchise

sigpic

Comment

i read on series-tv-finale site. there is a list about campaigns to save a show. this is would i read

Write to the network, Tell them why you love the show and would like to see it continue. Mention the products that you see advertised during the show and which ones that you like to buy.

If you’re really industrious, do some research and write to the advertisers directly. Tell them that you appreciate their help in making The Game possible.

the Game is a comedy show.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        tv ads won't work and really, like sga fan said, really expensive both to make and to get on the air. the only way they're affordable is on the local level, which won't do much good.

what might get you some mileage is, organize a letter or postcard campaign to flood scifi with post cards simply saying 'send us more atlantis please'

fans could make graphics that people print out and glue onto a regular post card.

instead of remembering the past, focus on the future and what you ultimately want, more atlantis. show them that fan support is there for more from the franchise
                        I think at this point, watching the reruns on SCI FI if you are a nielsen family in the US will help, and the DVD sales will always raise some eyebrows if they are successful. continuum and Aot were successful and we are getting a 3rd movie. Who says the same cannot happen for the SGA movie. Just have to support the heck out of it so we will see more SGA adventures.
                        sigpic

Comment

is Artwork legal for drawing SG Gate or SGA City.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Agreed, Sky. And really appreciate your thoughts and help

Originally posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
                            is Artwork legal for drawing SG Gate or SGA City.
                            I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
                            I've seen many people use and create artwork with the SG, etc.
                            Haven't seen anyone actually selling it. And I'd imagine there would be copyright infringement if they were.
                            Could always ask MGM.

Got a ticket for the San Diego Comi-con. Do we have anyone than can print out flyers? Unfortunately there's just no way I can do this.
                            Save Atlantis Forum
                            TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

what about a printing shop for flyers. i have quite a lot of flyers i made for Bedford Con. i can send you 100 flyers. when is the Con date.

its alright to use Artwork for the campiagn by printing it in a flyer. im making a new flyer. ive seen a an artwork of SGA City on the photobucket. i wouldn't mind using something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X