Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 123 4561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Default Re: What Did you Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I really liked it, too. Miles has quite the voice.
    It's always fun to see a Nebula, and an insane Starfleet captain. It just doesn't feel right unless there's an insane man being blindly followed by his entire crew of hundreds. Gul Dukat! Er... Proto-Gul Dukat! The whole [insert Federation war here] was a bit dodgy, but I knew about it from DS9. Duh. And Keiko was so THIN! She obviously started eating like Miles afterwards.
    Not sure which previously unseen TNG episode I'll hit tonight... 3 to go!
    I'm curious, which three have you not seen? I could tell you which ones I like best, if you're interested...

If the majority of the crew fought in the first Cardassian War, or they simply trusted their captain like Miles did, I can kinda dismiss their blind obedience. I also loved Proto-Gul Dukat. Did you realize that he was sporting the only seen Cardassian facial hair? I found it a bit disturbing... In fact, I didn't even recognize it as facial hair for like 10 years until I was reading the TNG Companion one day!

Arena
    The Alternative Factor
    Return to Tomorrow

Next up: City on the Edge of Forever

(I'm working through in order of Stardate, including TAS)

Eighth Doctor revisit: Gallifrey V + VI

DS9: 1x01-02.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Arena
    The Alternative Factor
    Return to Tomorrow

Next up: City on the Edge of Forever

(I'm working through in order of Stardate, including TAS)
    Are you watching these on the new BD release of the season?

I bought Season 1 when it came out on HD-DVD and am wondering if it is worth it to buy them on BD (you know, since HD-DVD went extinct and I can't get seasons two or three in this format). I got the first 6 movies on BD and have seen Wrath of Khan (looked FANTASTIC!!!) and Voyage Home so far. I like the fact that I'm noticing things on blu that I never noticed before after watching these movies hundred of times on VHS.

Do you have similar experiences on the Season 1 BD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
    Are you watching these on the new BD release of the season?

I bought Season 1 when it came out on HD-DVD and am wondering if it is worth it to buy them on BD (you know, since HD-DVD went extinct and I can't get seasons two or three in this format). I got the first 6 movies on BD and have seen Wrath of Khan (looked FANTASTIC!!!) and Voyage Home so far. I like the fact that I'm noticing things on blu that I never noticed before after watching these movies hundred of times on VHS.

Do you have similar experiences on the Season 1 BD?
    The season 1 BD release is just beautiful, nary a flaw in the print anywhere. Plus, it includes both the original version and the George Lucas'd version, so you can watch whichever version you're inclined to.

My only real annoyance is that I'll be done season 1 long before season 2 (never mind 3) ever hits shelves, so I'll be watching them in considerably crappier versions soon. And then back to BR for the films (got that the day it came out ), and then downgrading to my DVDs for TNG. Oh dear. Ha!

The season 1 BD release is just beautiful, nary a flaw in the print anywhere. Plus, it includes both the original version and the George Lucas'd version, so you can watch whichever version you're inclined to.
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The HD-DVD version did not come with both.

My only real annoyance is that I'll be done season 1 long before season 2 (never mind 3) ever hits shelves, so I'll be watching them in considerably crappier versions soon. And then back to BR for the films (got that the day it came out ), and then downgrading to my DVDs for TNG. Oh dear. Ha!
    Amazon still has it at the pre-order price (I think). I think I'll get it before they change their minds. Any word on when 2 & 3 would come out?

P.S. I'd be very careful about a BD TNG. See, they filmed that on tape rather than film, and tape is completely incapable of storing HD quality images or sound. That being said, they can do some WONDERFUL enhancements these days. I dislike Enterprise, but that show was filmed with HD cameras (pretty sure it was the only one), and should a BD of that be forthcoming, it would be the real McCoy.

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The HD-DVD version did not come with both.
    Yep, I was pretty thrilled. I'm a bit of a purist, so I prefer the original versions, but it's nice to pop on a remastered every once in a while, even if (IMO) the CGI model they used for the Enterprise sucks.

Amazon still has it at the pre-order price (I think). I think I'll get it before they change their minds. Any word on when 2 & 3 would come out?
    I wish. Unfortunately, with season 1 and the TOS film collection having come out so recently, I doubt season 2 and 3 releases are forthcoming any time soon. There's not even rumours of release dates at this point, just nothing at all. They'll come I'm certain, just don't know when.

P.S. I'd be very careful about a BD TNG. See, they filmed that on tape rather than film, and tape is completely incapable of storing HD quality images or sound. That being said, they can do some WONDERFUL enhancements these days. I dislike Enterprise, but that show was filmed with HD cameras (pretty sure it was the only one), and should a BD of that be forthcoming, it would be the real McCoy.
    Not a problem....I'm not rebuying TNG

My Trek DVD collection is a bit patchwork. TOS season 1 on BD, seasons 2 and 3 were acquired....otherwise (just to tide me over till BD releases), TAS on DVD, TOS films on BD, TNG on DVD, no DS9 yet (still too expensive).

In any case, I'm not likely to rebuy what I already have on DVD on BD, is what I was getting at

Yep, I was pretty thrilled. I'm a bit of a purist, so I prefer the original versions, but it's nice to pop on a remastered every once in a while, even if (IMO) the CGI model they used for the Enterprise sucks.
    I LOVED the redone effects for "The Doomsday Machine," and "The Ultimate Computer." They do some cool tricks with the CG model, like the Okudas (a husband and wife pair that have worked with Star Trek since Star Trek IV, I believe) can be seen through the windows in some of the close up shots.

I wish. Unfortunately, with season 1 and the TOS film collection having come out so recently, I doubt season 2 and 3 releases are forthcoming any time soon. There's not even rumours of release dates at this point, just nothing at all. They'll come I'm certain, just don't know when.
    Only reason I ask is that there is an advertisement for Season 1 BD at the beginning of the BD movies, and at the very end of the promo, they show the season 2 and 3 BD box sets.

Not a problem....I'm not rebuying TNG

My Trek DVD collection is a bit patchwork. TOS season 1 on BD, seasons 2 and 3 were acquired....otherwise (just to tide me over till BD releases), TAS on DVD, TOS on BD, TNG on DVD, no DS9 yet (still too expensive).

In any case, I'm not likely to rebuy what I already have on DVD on BD, is what I was getting at
    Can totally understand. I hesitate to re-buy my HD-DVD set on BD, but should my player ever break, I'll be screwed!!! (not really, they have standard DVD on the other side of each disk)

I LOVED the redone effects for "The Doomsday Machine," and "The Ultimate Computer." They do some cool tricks with the CG model, like the Okudas (a husband and wife pair that have worked with Star Trek since Star Trek IV, I believe) can be seen through the windows in some of the close up shots.
    Yeah I've noticed little things like that, it's just that the Enterprise looks so terrible it really takes away from the immersion of it all. I think it's a combination of a bland CGI model, and that the CGI team got lazy with the shadowing--which looks just frickin awful.

Only reason I ask is that there is an advertisement for Season 1 BD at the beginning of the BD movies, and at the very end of the promo, they show the season 2 and 3 BD box sets.
    Yeah, there's a little paper card promo thingy in the Season 1 BD release with a picture of them too. No release there either =/

Can totally understand. I hesitate to re-buy my HD-DVD set on BD, but should my player ever break, I'll be screwed!!! (not really, they have standard DVD on the other side of each disk)
    Loud and clear.

I have a pretty sizable DVD collection....when I'm in the stores and see something that would be good on BD, a lot of the time I grab it and then think, "nah, I already have this on DVD".

Just got done watching Voyager Episode 34 - Death wish

Such a good episode, one of the best involving the Q. One of my favorites in the series.

It brings up so many ethical questions.

The Orginal Series "By Any Other Name"

TNG "Ethics"
    Last edited by AnnieS; May 25th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

I re-watched the "Lwaxana"-episodes I just loved her character when I was little
    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...phix/Six-1.jpg
    ...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Watched the TNG Series Finale, All Good Things...

"The Sky's The Limit."

Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Star Trek TNG "The Outcast"

Star Trek DS9 "A Man Alone"

I'm curious, which three have you not seen? I could tell you which ones I like best, if you're interested...
    Actually 4.

Where Silence Has Lease
    The Ensigns of Command
    Allegiance
    Phantasms

I'm not sure whether or not I want to watch 'Ensigns', but we'll see.
    I basically watched 'all' of TNG as a kid when it first aired. Every week religiously I was watching an episode and, to this day, remember almost all of the ones I saw clearly. Reruns are such nostalgia to see how they live up to your golden childhood sci-fi memories, and most of the episodes still do stand up. The few I didn't watch were because I missed a Saturday or two a year over the course of 7 years of TNG. Once I get caught up on all of TNG, I'll hit the few episodes of DS9 and VOY I've never seen before.
    As for your faves, fire away.

I went to see the new Trek movie for the 8th time today. I'm going to see it at the IMAX tomorrow

...wow.

...wow.
    ...I have a thing for Chris Pine

Actually 4.

Where Silence Has Lease
    The Ensigns of Command
    Allegiance
    Phantasms

I'm not sure whether or not I want to watch 'Ensigns', but we'll see.
    I basically watched 'all' of TNG as a kid when it first aired. Every week religiously I was watching an episode and, to this day, remember almost all of the ones I saw clearly. Reruns are such nostalgia to see how they live up to your golden childhood sci-fi memories, and most of the episodes still do stand up. The few I didn't watch were because I missed a Saturday or two a year over the course of 7 years of TNG. Once I get caught up on all of TNG, I'll hit the few episodes of DS9 and VOY I've never seen before.
    As for your faves, fire away.
    Hmmmmm...

Out of that list, I would have to say Ensigns of Command is the best. The A and B plots are both entertaining, tie in well together, and both have really good climaxes.

After that would be Allegiance or Phantasms. Last would definitely be Where Silence Has Lease. Aside from the appearance of the Yamato and some interesting Picard dialogue, I feel that one doesn't have much to offer.

Do you know the DS9 and VOY that you are missing?

I feel like I'm talking about gaps in my X-Men collection...
    I have to go through the episode list and see which ones I've missed, but I know I missed the DS9 episode where Bashir prematurely aged... and the VOY episodes where The Doctor goes to see his creator, and the introduction of the Delta Fyler, respectively.