Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
    I'd have to go back to Voyager, but the Borg weren't able to defeat them on their own, if I remember correctly, they were getting their butts handed to them until Voyager showed up. Voyager's medical technology was needed. It's a scenario, and like I said, anyone can come up with one. It is interesting, though. I don't know that Weir and her replicators would or could be the only ones to defeat them if they are powerful like Gods and technically advanced to boot. Couldn't they just come up with their own specialized ARGs anyway to disassemble RepliWeir and her RepliColleagues? That would last for episode, but then you could aways find ways to drag it out. The Replicator storyline on sg1 lasted for 10 seasons and then showed up again in Ark of Truth. Me personally, and I'm just talking about me, I'm tired of the replicator storyline, and I'd have wanted to see something different.
    That's what Atlantis is supposed to be, they're Voyager. It'll take both of them working together to get this job done. It's the idea of making a deal with the Devil. You just hope that when his payment comes due that the price won't be too high to pay. You never know if Repli-Weir/Fran is actually on Atlantis' side or is looking out for her own new people or if she'll be able to maintain control over them or if someone will turn like the one guy did in Atlantis. It would be a decision that would never sit well with Atlantis and would most likely haunt the main characters. They'd be troubled with Weir, she's not the leader they used to know and they do know that she will give up everything to save her people, but Atlantis isn't her people anymore, these rebel Asurans are. The doubt would be nice to see. Also I know, I know, the Replicators got really over done across both series. But here's an idea that, while may not be original story development, it would be interesting character development. It's not the Lanteans would just re-awaken these Replicators and then never keeep tabs on them.

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
    I have not doubt that she loved Kanaan. I just don't think it was deeply romantic. I think Teyla tried to do what was expected of her at the expense of what she really wanted. I think John is the same way, always putting the team and his job before his own happiness. And I liked Larrin, just not with John. They didn't seem like a good fit, but we've all got our own preferences and that's fine with me.
    I agree, although I've never really had a preference, I always did think that there seemed to be these awkward sexual tension moments between Shep and Weir more than there were between Shep and Teyla. It's not a preference, it's just something that I noticed more than the other. Anyways...

On the note of John and Teyla doing their job thing and putting their happiness on the back burner, I asked my mom if it actually would be possible for John and Teyla to get together. I did this because my parents (my mom is the Atlantis buff, dad is SG-1) do have personal experience with a similar sort of situation, Mom was a Combat Medic in the Army and Dad was a Green Beret and they met working in the same unit, same base. And Mom says it came all down to one piece of simple semantics: Did Teyla sign a contract of any sort in order to actually join the Expedition as a member? If she did, and mom thought some episode somewhere mentions that she had but mom's not actually sure, then Teyla would be defined as a Non-Commisioned Officer (aka NONCOM) and would be subject to the same rules and regulations of the Military Code of Conduct as Sheppard is.

That means that if they got together, it's fraternization and there's big trouble for both of them. She broke it down for me this way. The subordinate always takes the brunt of the punishment and the superior officer gets the, by comparison, wrist slap. Sheppard would get demoted back to his previous rank (Major) and removed from his position as Atlantis' Military Commander. And it gets worse. Because his relationship was with someone on his own team, he'd be removed from command of his own gate team as well as from being on all other gate teams. In short, he's riding a desk doing paperwork because his relationship with Teyla would be viewed as he's incapable of leading any more because he can't make command decisions without letting his personal issues get in the way; and this in spite of five years of making those command decisions in Atlantis anyway.

And it gets even worse! Teyla's part of the punishment would be immediate removal from Sheppard's team as well as the Expedition itself. And because Atlantis is a base, she wouldn't be allowed to stay in Atlantis anymore either, her butt gets a one-way ticket through the gate back to New Athos permanently.

And the bad doesn't stop there... Rodney and Ronon would be viewed as complacent in Sheppard and Teyla's illegal relationship the flagship team would be disbanded. Both guys would be split up between two different teams and neither of those teams would be frontline/top teams either. Our boys would be lucky to scout potential Gamma sites, not even Beta.

Yeah, my Mom said that her and Dad went through alot of Hell to be together. What ended up happening was in order to not have all the bad stuff crack down on them, when it came time for Mom to re-up, she didn't. She left the Army and her commission. She says that you've got to, have to see wedding bells at the end of all this because there's going to be lot of Hell and it doesn't just effect you and you can't unring the bell. She and Dad because their letters to each other were even monitered had to talk to each other in code. Quite simply, one of them, Teyla or Sheppard, is going to fall hard and the other is going to lose it all.

Seriously...Ouch!
    sigpic

Comment

Another thing Mom wanted me to add, of course after I've already hit post reply, Sheppard would only be allowed to visit Teyla on New Athos through the gate if whoever's in charge would let him and that doesn't mean Woolsey or whoever gets Sheppard's Military Commander position (most likely either Colonel Caldwell or Major, with a field promotion to Lt. Col. like Sheppard got, Lorne), it would be explicitly a decision made by the IOA. Turns out the reality of Sheppard and Teyla being together isn't good. He gets the girl, but in a way he doesn't because she wouldn't be allowed in Atlantis again and he might not ever get a chance to be with her on New Athos. I may not be a fan of their ship but the reality of it would suck. Ironically him not getting her would mean that they do get to be together. Wow, this sucks to realize. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Holy moly.
      sigpic

Comment

Good thing then for the John/Teyla shippers that there was never a contract involved...

Sam/Jack, howeve, are in serious trouble... before Jack goes off to Washington that is.

Why can't you just admit you don't like the pairing instead of dragging all these reasons into the conversation why they can never be together?
        You aren't the only one who would have been disappointed if they had done whatever they were planning, you know.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have admitted that I don't like the pairing and I'm giving the reasons why I don't think they make a good match. I'm still rooting for Sheppard and Weir if Sheppard is with anyone. She's still floating out there in space somewhere, all he has to do is go get her in a jumper and Rodney can thaw her out and Weir, well Repli-Weir/Fran is back and whole new set of uncomfortable personal issues for everyone to deal with. Oompa!

As for Jack and Sam, the only saving that is how close Jack is to retirement and how high his position is. Really the only person that could take him down is his Commander in Chief, the President, and that saves Sam because if she goes down, Jack will have to go with her. Maybe the Stargate SG-1 Revolution was going to have that happen, when the Gate program gets revealed to the world maybe Jack steps down back into retirement? God I hope not.
          sigpic

Comment

((((((((SPOILER ALERT)))))))))

they should have the asgard computer core as a plot device and the wraith's cloning technology to bring back the asgard, and maybe something to do with the tau'ri getting access to a fleet of aurora's (bit overpowered) and lots of space battles and making the stargate program more 'official' like ground energy weapons being standard issue and a huge program devoted to studying asgard technology and collecting ancient repositories of knowledge...

Comment

Why not have someone start a kickstarter project and let our huge fanbase to fund the making of this movie?

An older TV show “Veronica Mars” has done it and raised over 5.7 million dollar for a new movie. I don’t see why Stargate Atlantis, or even Stargate Universe, can’t.

See the link here:
              http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

Comment

Originally posted by chuenl View Post
                Why not have someone start a kickstarter project and let our huge fanbase to fund the making of this movie?

An older TV show “Veronica Mars” has done it and raised over 5.7 million dollar for a new movie. I don’t see why Stargate Atlantis, or even Stargate Universe, can’t.

See the link here:
                http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project
                Since you are new, this has been discussed or is being discussed (however, you please) in the following threads here on GW:

Crowdfunded/Kickstarter movie a possibility?!
                Stargate Funding through Kickstarter?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.UrsulaKenmore View Post
                  I have admitted that I don't like the pairing and I'm giving the reasons why I don't think they make a good match. I'm still rooting for Sheppard and Weir if Sheppard is with anyone. She's still floating out there in space somewhere, all he has to do is go get her in a jumper and Rodney can thaw her out and Weir, well Repli-Weir/Fran is back and whole new set of uncomfortable personal issues for everyone to deal with. Oompa!

As for Jack and Sam, the only saving that is how close Jack is to retirement and how high his position is. Really the only person that could take him down is his Commander in Chief, the President, and that saves Sam because if she goes down, Jack will have to go with her. Maybe the Stargate SG-1 Revolution was going to have that happen, when the Gate program gets revealed to the world maybe Jack steps down back into retirement? God I hope not.
                  Based on Joseph Malozzi's blog, he has already revealed that Revolution would have the Stargate program revealed to the public and that in the first script draft for the movie, there was a scene draft-scripted at the end of the movie where Jack and Sam have a dinner together.

As for the Sheppard/Wier thing: I like to think that they eventually found her body, found her copy-body floating somewhere in the universe and eventually, saved her life. Then, after the Wraith have been defeated, they drifted off to an alien planet where they remained together for the rest of their lives.

Comment

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate:_Extinction

How much is known of what this movie was planning? Is it likely to be produced?

If all that is known is the title "Extinction", my first guess was that what goes extinct is the Wraith. Viewers need a dénouement to the war against the Wraith. Perhaps the retrovirus was changed so that (a) it is very infections among Wraith, and (b) it changes Wraith to humans permanently with no risk of reverting to Wraith.

The next stage would be these new humans struggling to grow their own food - they would be far too many to live by robbing food from pre-existing humans on planets, even if they could still fly their spaceships.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyAppleyard View Post
                      How much is known of what this movie was planning? Is it likely to be produced?
                      There was apparently a script written, but it will never come to pass. It's dead and buried.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        There was apparently a script written, but it will never come to pass. It's dead and buried.
                        Is there any chance of anyone getting hold of a copy of this script?

Comment

Yeah, unfortunatelly, that's true. Unless MGM's new leadership allows for a combo series to be produced, featuring all cast members from all three series, allowing the writers to finish up the story and tie up any loose ends, we're not going to see any final conclusion to any of the three series. However, a HUGE mirracle is needed for that to happen as it requires every actor and actress to be involved. Since JF is supporting the fans, we might get lucky and still get A SGA conclusion. But SGU, on the other hand, is dead for good as everyone has moved on since the show's cancellation. Who knows, maybe we get really lucky and finally get that 3rd SG-1 movie, but even that's a BIG IF or even a big NO.

One thing is ceratin, though: SG-1, SGA and SGU are done forever as individual TV series.

Comment

does anyone know why mgm wouldn't let joe f make the movie? i'd heard he'd been trying to get it made...
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

If I remember correctly, the only thing he had were a few investors, and one talk with MGM before it went completely under and the new owners took control and forgot all about Stargate in general.

There's a video out there somewhere where he explains - from a convention.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                does anyone know why mgm wouldn't let joe f make the movie? i'd heard he'd been trying to get it made...
                                I have not heard anything like that but I will be seeing Joe this month in Chicago... I can ask him???

However, MGM would have to finance it and they normally broke and they just green lighted the other three movies I do not see this getting made anytime soon nor would they want to compete with the new trilogy... just my .02c
                                www.stitchsloft.com
                                For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                                "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                                www.scifihero.net

Comment

Working...
                                X