Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its more likely that the countries would bicker with the IOA countries who have Stargate tech. Look what happened when the US revealed the Stargate.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with FH
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I think its more likely that the countries would bicker with the IOA countries who have Stargate tech. Look what happened when the US revealed the Stargate.
        Yup. even if it was an Alternate reality ep, there was a lot of discord going on after the SG reveal in "the road not taken".

Comment

Even in our reality. Look how angry the Chinese were in Disclosure.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Even in our reality. Look how angry the Chinese were in Disclosure.
            Which series was that?

How angry?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Which series was that?

How angry?
              SG1, Disclosure, Season 6. All the countries who didn't know about the Stargate were very angry ... except the Russian, who already knew about the gate. The Chinese were threatening to go public with the news, but were eventually talked out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                SG1, Disclosure, Season 6. All the countries who didn't know about the Stargate were very angry ... except the Russian, who already knew about the gate. The Chinese were threatening to go public with the news, but were eventually talked out of it.
                Damn.........That would have been epic had they written that in that they went public.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Yup/ And if it wasn't for Hammond bringing in Thor, i feel they just MIGHT have.

Comment

>>>"I mean what happens if any of the series bad guys had attacked in huge numbers out in the open on a major city?"

Swamp gas!

Comment

>>>"My point is, even if you cover up each one of them, it's not like people won't notice the connections. With billions of dollars disappearing seemingly into nowhere, just as people, resources etc, thousands of people working directly or indirectly for the SGC (Area 51, BC-304 and F-302 construction sites), the Stargate Program is just too much of a beast to hide. In the past it was OK to suspend the disbelief, but by the time SGU came around it should've been public."

I thought that this was covered in "Independence Day" where the scientist says something to the effect "Did you really believe they pay $50 each for wrenches?" The money gets hidden in other budget items (which in actuality is pretty standard for black budget items).

But yeah, the suspension of disbelief IS wearing a bit thin.

That being said, I think one element of it working is that people, way down, secretly WANT TO BELIEVE that this stuff is all real and that "Wormhole Extreme" was the propaganda office messing with our heads. I know I do.

Comment

>>>"just imagine the chaos in Tesco/Sainsburys if aliens attacked!!"

Or if aliens showed up to shop..... (sorry, channeling Douglas Adams there for a second...)

Comment

>>>"It would be far more likely that one side will try to forge an alliance with the enemy in order to destroy an already existing enemy - the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. "

Here's a thought: what would happen in that regard to NGOs? Say the Lucian Alliance and the Mafia decide to get together? MAFIA IN SPAAAAAAAACE.....

Comment

Just how would they do that and not break secrecy?

Comment

Originally posted by Goa'uld - lover View Post
                              >>>"just imagine the chaos in Tesco/Sainsburys if aliens attacked!!"

Or if aliens showed up to shop..... (sorry, channeling Douglas Adams there for a second...)

It would be like the Daleks attacking downtown London. With New Who aliens had been attacking so often that it had to be made public. Hell in the series people leave the UK at christmas for fear of the aliens.

Comment

Working...
                              X