Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    No this reenlistment thing
    Re-enlistment in the military... Normally every 4 years for enlisted personnel... Amanda did mine back in 2006 for me...

She talked about me and the ceremony here during any interview...
    (TIME STAMP 3:20) http://www.gateworld.net/video/pheno...15779486.shtml
    www.stitchsloft.com
    For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
    "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
    www.scifihero.net

Comment

A how-to on re-enlisting in the US Army?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

^ ^ ^ Ah interesting
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Basically its extending your term of service. You can be ineligible, such as with high year tenure, where if you can't make next pay grade you can only serve up to Y amt of years.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Basically its extending your term of service. You can be ineligible, such as with high year tenure, where if you can't make next pay grade you can only serve up to Y amt of years.
            Ah..... thanks guys for explaining

Comment

No probs.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Or, if there's a world war going on, you don't get a choice. My Dad's enlistment was up in the 40's when Pearl Harbor happened, and was about to be discharged from the Army, when the Army revoked his discharge. He stayed in until the end of the war.

Comment

Yup. Heck even us Retired members can be recalled to active duty should the need arise.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Yup. Heck even us Retired members can be recalled to active duty should the need arise.
                    If it gets that BAD we are in trouble! I go back in min though! =) Just think the pay raise! LOL
                    www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                    www.scifihero.net

Comment

Hey just reading all this again I meant to ask it wasn't so much the reenlisting but how and why did you get Amanda Tapping involved? She being only an actor and all?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Hey just reading all this again I meant to ask it wasn't so much the reenlisting but how and why did you get Amanda Tapping involved? She being only an actor and all?

Well its kinda a funny story it started out as a joke really... I was sitting at my desk at NAS Atlanta and toward end the day back in 2005 and a buddy walked in. I kicked my feet up on my desk we were talking. He looked my wallpaper of the gate room and pointed to the screen and said; "You are such a geek!"

I replied; "Hey!! I will be standing in that room in few months!" (HUGE COCKY SMILE)

Friend- "Arent you re-enlisting and transferring soon?"

I replied; "Ya I need to do that!.... WHOA! I SHOULD RE-ENLIST IN THE GATE ROOM! (pointing to the screen) (Knowing he would flip out soon as I said it!)

"Omg im outa here!" He laughed and left... I kept staring at the room! How cool would that be for real???

Now who is Pro-military enough to do it for me??? AMANDA!!!

I started working on contacting her directly and finally was able to reach her and we set it up after she agreed to it barring any scheduling conflict but since she was attending the con we made it happen at the hotel! I still had to have CDR May present to sign off for her, but she was allowed to administer the oath, CDR May has dry sense humor and he all but had her convince she had to memorize the entire oath and had about 5 mins to do it,

"I, (state your name), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Amanda was totally freaking out then, then he smiled and said I am just kidding, normally the officer does from memory but you can read it! I thought she was going to have heart attack after she was ready to punch him! We all laughed so hard!

Rest is history! =) Awesome day it was! I was very fortunate! Six years later I finally saw her again, after we said Hi, her very next next statement was "I still have your flag in my office at home!" (With big grin on her face!)

That made my day!

Last edited by Stitch; 23 February 2015, 02:58 PM.
                        www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                        www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                          Well its kinda a funny story it started out as a joke really... I was sitting at my desk at NAS Atlanta and toward end the day back in 2005 and a buddy walked in. I kicked my feet up on my desk we were talking. He looked my wallpaper of the gate room and pointed to the screen and said; "You are such a geek!"

I replied; "Hey!! I will be standing in that room in few months!" (HUGE COCKY SMILE)

I replied; "Ya I need to do that!.... WHOA! I SHOULD RE-ENLIST IN THE GATE ROOM! (pointing to the screen) (Knowing he would flip out soon as I said it!)

"Omg im outa here!" He laughed and left... I kept staring at the room! How cool would that be for real???

I started working on contacting her directly and finally was able to reach her and we set it up after she agreed to it barring any scheduling conflict but since she was attending the con we made it happen at the hotel! I still had to have CDR May present to sign off for her, but she was allowed to administer the oath, CDR May has dry sense humor and he all but had her convince she had to memorize the entire oath and had about 5 mins to do it,

"I, (state your name), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Amanda was totally freaking out then, then he smiled and said I am just kidding, normally the officer does from memory but you can read it! I thought she was going to have heart attack after she was ready to punch him! We all laughed so hard!

Rest is history! =) Awesome day it was! I was very fortunate! Six years later I finally saw her again, after we said Hi, her very next next statement was "I still have your flag in my office at home!" (With big grin on her face!)

That made my day!

OMG that's such an awesome little story.......... Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The movie's name alone gives me worries... I have a bad feeling TPTB plan to exterminate the Wraith in the film, ending Atlantis's story, essentially, and yet-again making Earth look ridiculously smart and powerful compared to every other world that ever existed.

That could be said of every movie in scifi history where Earth is in battle. Somehow we mere humans manage to win the fight every time. Except for movies like Skyline which everyone hates but me. In that the director got the ending he wanted where Earth is defeated..... We didn't win that one.

Is there any other movie where Earth loses?

Comment

That made my day!

You lucky bugger. Back in Norfolk, i knew 3 people who combined their re-enlistment dates to get Johnathan Frakes (Will riker) to do their re-enlistment ceremony. One in England had the Prince of wales do theirs. And i heard of one in Guam, who had one of the Japanese Strike force fighter do hers the year before i transferred there.

Comment

Well its kinda a funny story ...
                                That made my day!
                                Hey Stitch I was looking at some of your posts - you are amazing. That is really an inspiring level of commitment you have being a fan of Stargate SCI FI and enjoying life in general..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X