This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dont they use the technology?

With all of the technology aquired offworld the SGC could kit up their teams with some pretty cool stuff which with the exeption of the zats they dont regularly do but instead they use earth weapons and technology. In atlantis as well the invulnerability shield found in the city and other ancient technology should be an essential piece of equiptent id think.

obviously its used elsewhere but can anyone think of a decent kit list for an sg team that includes offworld technology?
    sigpic

check it out!

Lots of the tech in SG-1 atleast gets sent to the Groome Lake facility (Area 51).

Comment

Yeah and its used in other areas like the prometheus but it would be cool if they had more alien devices.........such as aquiring a bunch of super soldier suits, that would be pretty cool!
      sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Rezukien
        Yeah and its used in other areas like the prometheus but it would be cool if they had more alien devices.........such as aquiring a bunch of super soldier suits, that would be pretty cool!
        Oh no no no no no, NO! Super-soldier = BAD. Terrible design (although nice idea) and the idea of say MS in one and running around with the Power Ranger helmet and form fitting...eugh!

But dont forget TER's and the like, it would make more sense though. You get all this alien tech but use a P90...
        Last edited by Daz; 10 December 2004, 11:46 AM. Reason: Missed summut out
        ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
          Oh no no no no no, NO! Super-soldier = BAD. Terrible design (although nice idea) and the idea of say MS in one and running around with the Power Ranger helmet and form fitting...eugh!

But dont forget TER's and the like, it would make more sense though. You get all this alien tech but use a P90...
          Fine, just give me those gauntlets. Rapid fire energy weapons are really, REALLY nice!!! Just walk up and take out a whole army of Jaffa. It's like pitching modern submachine guns vs. ball and black powder muskets. No aiming required!!!! Simple points and click interface!!!

Comment

Well the P-90 was introduce later on the SG-1 as more effective weapon but I know what you mean by alien tech as part of there kit. As for Atlantis the only ancient tech they have used on regular bases is the PJ and the life detecting device.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

well atlantis should use more ancient tech cos if there up against a race who could rival (and defeat) the ancients what good are the earth weapons going to do.........i do agree that the P90s are pretty cool tho
              sigpic

check it out!

Comment

The problem with Atlantis technology is that most of it requires the "Ancient Gene" to operate. The vast majority of the human population doesn't have that gene, so the Atlantis technology would be pretty much useless to all except the vast minority who do possess the gene (Maj. Sheppard and McKay if i'm right).

The other technologies SG-1 has acquired are pretty neat, but the problem with here is that we have no clue how much of the stuff SG-1 finds or gets works. Most of the technology SG-1 finds are either extremely advanced, thus it's beyond our understanding. (At least Carter hasn't the slightest clue). Some technologies (like the Zats, and staff weapons) are easily understood, mostly because someone can show us how it works. (In the case of the Zats and staff weapons, Teal'c gave SG-1 a general idea about how that stuff works). Once most technology gets sent to Area 51, it's out of the SGC's hands, and we basically don't see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                  The problem with Atlantis technology is that most of it requires the "Ancient Gene" to operate. The vast majority of the human population doesn't have that gene, so the Atlantis technology would be pretty much useless to all except the vast minority who do possess the gene (Maj. Sheppard and McKay if i'm right).
                  the reason McKay has the gene is because of the injection given to him by Dr Becket(did i spell it right) which i supose it is probably not wise to give to the entire population of Atlantis untill there sure its completely safe.
                  sigpic

check it out!

Comment

also somethin else i dont quite get bout the Goa'uld is that in most cases Earths primative projectile weapons such as the P-90 are in most cases more effective than the advanced energy weapons so why do they still use them and the Jaffa (who are trained all their lives and are bred for combat) are completely rubbish in any kind of fight!

plus why dont the azguard make some kind of fancy combat suits or somethin so that the can properly fight, that would be cool!
                    sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Working...
                    X