Doomsday (822)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday (822)

What did everyone think of the DoomsDay Season Finally Episode?

I thought it was great! Can't wait for season 9!

I'm very curious about Jimmy Olsen. Did not expect him to die!?!
    ...Destroyer of all...

That was a surprise. I liked the stuff with Clark and Lois in the beginning and the shot of Zod was awesome, but everything in between was kinda weak for a season finale.

It was nice to see more of the Justice League but they really didn't do much.
    I liked the conflict between Clark and Oliver and I loved the fact that Clark came to the conclusion that his Kryptonian heritage was better than his "humanity" - Don't expect it to last though

The thing about Doomsday is that they made us wait all season for this epic showdown and then gave us about 20 seconds...
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I'm disappointed. We were promised an epic battle with Doomsday and instead got something under two minutes, which I had already seen in that preview thing last week. Jimmy dying was a surprise... and was Chloe clutching her stomach cos she was pregnant at the end???!!! Tess didn't die though, but it turns out she wants an alien apocalypse instead- again, disappointing because it's a complete turnaround of her character from a couple of episodes ago. Actually wouldn't have minded if she died. Lois had a pathetically small role followed by a disappearance thanks to a ring Clark got but didn't even need or want.

Bad bad bad bad bad.

Comment

Loved the episode, wished the battle went on longer but still great! Bring on season 9!

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. Although poor Chloe. I was so not expecting Jimmy to die. I'm hoping that they'll bring him back somehow, but I doubt it.

I agree with some other people that the Doomsday battle was really short. It's too bad that they didn't have the episode be 2 hours. That way we'd get a longer battle. So it appears that Doomsday is really gone. I wonder who the bad guy will be for next season?

Hey, does anybody know what happened to Chloe's father? Did they just write him off or something? Because the last thing I remember hearing, he was alive. I don't remember hearing anything about him dying. I actually don't remember the last time he was mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by cflat View Post
            I thought it was pretty good. Although poor Chloe. I was so not expecting Jimmy to die. I'm hoping that they'll bring him back somehow, but I doubt it.

I agree with some other people that the Doomsday battle was really short. It's too bad that they didn't have the episode be 2 hours. That way we'd get a longer battle. So it appears that Doomsday is really gone. I wonder who the bad guy will be for next season?

Hey, does anybody know what happened to Chloe's father? Did they just write him off or something? Because the last thing I remember hearing, he was alive. I don't remember hearing anything about him dying. I actually don't remember the last time he was mentioned.
            They are adults now the parents have been written out of the show, but yeah i cant remember the last time we seen him 4 or 5 seasons maybe

Jimmy wont be back, unless there is some sort of flashback. Was fairly weak for a finale i thought the doomsday showdown was too short, however the ending was very interesting. Im intrigued to know what happened to lois when she put on the ring, hopfully when she has went to the future she actually remembers it and there are no memory wipes again lol.

Comment

i was liking the ep well enough, and then was very disappointed by the last 10 minutes or so.

i don't care for jimmy/chloe ship (too much like sam/pete, where a cute woman ends up with a boring dud), so i can honestly say i was cringing at their renewed i love you's at the end. and when he was killed off... i didn't feel anything.

i was more interested in chloe/davis. i really liked the actor that played davis, and they *finally* gave chloe and *hunk* to play with. but yeah, chloe loses both at the end!

and while i know what they were getting at with davis 'still' being evil and dark in some way (without the doomsday monster), i *hated* how they ruined his character in doing something so irredeemable.

and chloe! dangit, woman, make up your mind! you really *did* dig davis, so why suddenly act like the only reason you were helping him was to protect clark. i don't blame davis for being ticked. but i sure as heck HATE that he went in the direction he did.

and why didn't i put together the puzzle and know jimmy was going to die? if someone tells their secret to another, the knower is toast.

i'm going to miss davis...

and now on to clark. you know, he really *was* sanctimonious in this ep. again, i know where the writers were getting with this (and where they want to go next season with clark), but it was so sudden and i wanted to bop him in the head.

clark made the wrong decision for the right reason, but here he is blaming 'feelings' on controlling his decisions, but he's doing it again with his self pittying spiel to chloe at the end. and what about chloe needing him? she's lost lois, jimmy, davis, and was afraid she'd lost clark. but clark's still going to leave her?... argh, i really wanted to bop him.

but i'm *super* glad chloe survived this! clark and chloe are my fave characters.

i'll still give this a thumbs up (even though the end was irking me badly).
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                and now on to clark. you know, he really *was* sanctimonious in this ep. again, i know where the writers were getting with this (and where they want to go next season with clark), but it was so sudden and i wanted to bop him in the head.

clark made the wrong decision for the right reason, but here he is blaming 'feelings' on controlling his decisions, but he's doing it again with his self pittying spiel to chloe at the end. and what about chloe needing him? she's lost lois, jimmy, davis, and was afraid she'd lost clark. but clark's still going to leave her?... argh, i really wanted to bop him.
                I didn't see it as self pity. He was saying Humanity wasn't as great as he'd made it out to be and not worth ignoring his own Kryptonian heritage for.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Some how I got the feeling a little rock and magma will not stop doomsday, I also think that the person we sure at the end was not Clark kent and was just someone is appearing as him for now. He has never just vanish into thin air before this point.

I feel sorry for Jimmy he final had a job he enjoyed and the girl and get killed by a pole through heart. Sad. I actually thought he forgave Cloe far to easily and there needed to be some lasting hate there. Like the way they introduce us to the new watch tower. Much better than the old one.

I hope Lois is in the future, I am betting it worst now than ever and she going to have to come back a fix it. Hopefully we will see doomsday in the future fighting against few thousands superpowers humans, okay perhaps not, it a tiny bit beyond a tv budget.

I thought Oliver and the justice league was good. Slowly showing that they can act independently and more than capable of taking down superman or superguy as Jimmy called him, together. Perhaps next season someone will call him superman.

The doomsday fight was way to short and needed to be much longer an bigger in scale. They also really need to improve there sets, they did not have much atmosphere.

And so Zod is back on what is a defenceless planet, if my theory about that was not Clark talking to Cloe and was a fake. Zod is probably the next bad guy for the next season and Tess to. She is so asking to die a painfully slow death.

I enjoyed Lois and Tess little cat fight but really some tops should of came off during their little tussle and probably couple of chunks of hair to. Shame their was not a mud bath near by.

So overall a pretty descent episode, through I think they would off been braver if this was the final episode and that pipe probably would taken out Cloe as well as Jimmy.

Comment

while i was disapointed we do get one great thing to think about......ZODS BACK BABY HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! i wonder who will play him...please be james marsters that would be awesome!!

Comment

While I wish the fight with Doomsday would have lasted longer, I enjoyed Thursday's season finale. I really can't wait to see what they have in store for us next season. Having Zod back should be interesting.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i was liking the ep well enough, and then was very disappointed by the last 10 minutes or so.
                        I agree.

Doomsday v Clark over far to quick and easy.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

We should just learn to never ever expect an epic superhero battle on TV. Heroes always lets us down too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                            We should just learn to never ever expect an epic superhero battle on TV. Heroes always lets us down too.
                            The difference being Heroes is about people rather than superheroes, while Smallville is about superheroe(s) rather than people, if you get what i mean. I've never have or never will expect a big action battle from Heroes because its not in the shows nature, but from Smallville its more expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              Yep it looking that way.
                              May be next season we a descent battle scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X