This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PG Base of Operations

Just a thought, if Atlantis was to be kept on Earth this doesn't mean that Earthlings couldn't have an impact on the PG.

The Midway station was destroyed, but if that were to be rebuilt, it could serve as a launch pad for operations within the PG. The gates are still in place and there is little opportunity for a space-born strike against the station given it is in the void between galaxies.

I picture a new technology being created which is in the form of a remote or something, maybe coupled with the GDO, that dials the stargates and uploads the macro automatically from whatever planet they are on...

Hell when you think about it, the Midway station could be the primary base of operations for both he MW and the PG.

Thoughts?
    Meh.

I think they'll almost certainly fly Atlantis back to Pegasus, the producers want movies and they won't want to tell them without Atlantis back there IMO.

Comment

Yeah I agree, from a storytelling point of view, Atlantis will be flown back. But in a real world situation Atlantis would be kept here and Midway would be an ideal spot to use.
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        Yeah I agree, from a storytelling point of view, Atlantis will be flown back. But in a real world situation Atlantis would be kept here and Midway would be an ideal spot to use.
        Midway itself would have been entirely insufficient, either a space station many times larger or a Pegasus Alpha Site on the edge of Pegasus would be ideal. I'd say at the very least it would have to be as large as the SGC, probably a lot larger since the SGC is just a base and not a self-contained city.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          Midway itself would have been entirely insufficient, either a space station many times larger or a Pegasus Alpha Site on the edge of Pegasus would be ideal. I'd say at the very least it would have to be as large as the SGC, probably a lot larger since the SGC is just a base and not a self-contained city.
          I entirely agree that Midway 1.0 wouldn't work, it at least needs a hanger or somewhere the 304's can dock, 302 hanger and a couple of PJ's.

I would think the Midway position of the station would be better than on the edge of the PG, because the Wraith could easily jump to the edge of the PG. Wheras if we learnt Wraith were on the way to the Midway station, Earth could easily send 304's in time to back up the station.
          Meh.

Comment

I entirely agree that Midway 1.0 wouldn't work, it at least needs a hanger or somewhere the 304's can dock, 302 hanger and a couple of PJ's.

I would think the Midway position of the station would be better than on the edge of the PG, because the Wraith could easily jump to the edge of the PG. Wheras if we learnt Wraith were on the way to the Midway station, Earth could easily send 304's in time to back up the station.
            Why would you have pararescue jumpers on a base, let alone one in space?
            sigpic
            In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
            "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Just a thought, if Atlantis was to be kept on Earth this doesn't mean that Earthlings couldn't have an impact on the PG.

The Midway station was destroyed, but if that were to be rebuilt, it could serve as a launch pad for operations within the PG. The gates are still in place and there is little opportunity for a space-born strike against the station given it is in the void between galaxies.

I picture a new technology being created which is in the form of a remote or something, maybe coupled with the GDO, that dials the stargates and uploads the macro automatically from whatever planet they are on...

Hell when you think about it, the Midway station could be the primary base of operations for both he MW and the PG.

Thoughts?

Hidden ancient outpost on Athos like the one in antartica IMHO. Keeps the Athosians important and builds on old characters >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                joke yeah?
                Meh.

Comment

He mean Puddle Jumper's XD

PJ = Puddle Jumper

Comment

joke yeah?
                    I don't understand, whats a joke? You said that it would have some F302's and PJ's, PJ's are pararescue jumpers in the Airforce. You wouldn't need them on a base.
                    sigpic
                    "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Agreed, Midway would have to be a proper, full on space station, rather than just a stopping off point between galaxies. Regardless of what happens we need to re-establish a presence in Pegasus ASAP, as i've said in another thread, we still have obligations to the people of Pegasus, which means we'll need a base of operations that can withstand attack, be it Atlantis or a human made station with Asgard weapons and shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                        Agreed, Midway would have to be a proper, full on space station, rather than just a stopping off point between galaxies. Regardless of what happens we need to re-establish a presence in Pegasus ASAP, as i've said in another thread, we still have obligations to the people of Pegasus, which means we'll need a base of operations that can withstand attack, be it Atlantis or a human made station with Asgard weapons and shields.
                        See I don't subscribe to this 'we have obligations to the PG' mindset. All we have done is help the PG humans. Sure we woke the Wraith up, but since them we have basically made them a joke. And to be frank, they would have woken up eventually and decimated the suppressed human colonies anyway.

The US airforce or even the IOA would never let Atlantis leave Earth because of 'obligations'.... it's simply unrealistic and impractical. However, there are several Ancient outposts and technology that I am sure we havn't discovered in the PG yet. Midway should be used to explore this.
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post
                          He mean Puddle Jumper's XD

PJ = Puddle Jumper
                          Ohhh, still he used a very common airforce acronym so you can understand my confusion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Guys, remember the Tower?

Comment

PJ's are pararescue jumpers in the Airforce. You wouldn't need them on a base.
                              Yeah, PJ's also stands for pajamas.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X