Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

I know that this has been posted in the ST11 thread, but i thought it was time for it to have its own thread:-

BREAKING: Paramount Moving Forward On Star Trek Sequel - Supreme Court On

Paramount have finally sealed the deal for the Trek’s ‘Supreme Court’ (Abrams, Burk, Kurtzman, Lindelof, & Orci) to move forward on a sequel to their new Star Trek, five weeks before it even opens up. Variety broke the news Monday night, see below for the first details on on what would be the twelfth film in the Star Trek franchise.
    http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/30/brea...ourt-on-board/

Zachary Quinto Confirms He is Contracted for Star Trek XII and More Sequels

B: Will we get to see more of you as Spock in other Star Trek films? Are you signed to sequels if this one takes off?

Z: Yeah, I'm contracted for more

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/04/...-Sequels.shtml

J.J. Abrams Says it is Premature to Assume That There Will be a Star Trek XII

PJ: From what I've seen from the film you've basically revitalised the whole franchise. Will you be involved in the next Star Trek? Will you be directing?

JJ: It's very premature to assume that there will be another one, if there is one, the guys I did it with, they're like family, the cast. I can't tell you how much fun we had working together, they were so wonderful. So I would be honoured to be a part of that next step if one is required by the audience so we'll see. I hope that the people would like to see another one but obviously we don't even know what the story would be yet we've thrown around a ton of ideas but we're at such an early stage that it is premature to even lead to something because we don't have anything yet.
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/04/...Trek-XII.shtml

Abrams: 'We have no outline for a sequel'

J.J. Abrams has admitted that he does not yet have a script or outline for any possible sequel to Star Trek.

The director of the movie suggested at its UK press conference that a follow-up would be likely if the film is a success.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-a-sequel.html

J.J. Abrams on Trek Franchise, Working with Leonard Nimoy and Sequels

Q. Will you be back for a sequel?

JJ Abrams: Nothing would be more fun than to work with them again, but I think what Chris Pine has said is right. It is insanely presumptuous to be talking about it. The good news is that if people like it and there's demand for another one, the actors and the writers and I will be back. But we don't have a story, we don't have a script, we don't have an outline or a thought. We just have this movie.
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...-Sequels.shtml

Comment

J.J. Abrams Says There Will be an Opportunity to Work with Shatner in a Sequel

EI: Have you spoken to William Shatner? He seemed upset that he wasn't in the film.

JJA: We spoke to him in the beginning. He wanted to be in the film. He made it clear to us that he didn't want to do a cameo, which meant not only changing our story significantly but also bringing his character to life since he died. Every time we tried to figure out a version of that, it felt like we were just trying to bring a character back to life that we liked. But if we're lucky and there will be another movie, I'm sure there will be another opportunity to work with him.
      http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...-Shatner.shtml

Comment

J.J. Abrams, Orci and Kurtzman on Alternate Timeline, Characters and Sequel

Should there be a second movie, can you envision going back to one of the classic stories from the original series?

Orci: We haven't really talked about it. We're waiting to see how people react and kind of get this movie out and give it the proper sendoff and not assume much beyond that until we see what the reaction is.
        http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...OS-Cast-.shtml

Comment

Roberto Orci on Shatner, Alternate Timeline and Writing the Star Trek Sequel

Q: Was a sequel factored into your contract, or is that just a recent development?

A: It factored in for the actors but not for us. As writers we're only contracted for one movie at a time. But we've just agreed to write the next "Star Trek" film with Damon Lindelof. So while the sequel is not officially greenlit yet, we've at least been contracted to write it
          http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...k-Sequel.shtml

Comment

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman on Shatner, Sequels and Fan Feedback

BG: There's been reports over the interweb that you've both been asked to start writing a sequel, which I think is fantastic news if it's true, where do you see this going, JJ Abrams said there is a whole new world that can be created, is it more likely to create something completely new or do you look back at the canon and see where you can intersperse that into cannon that you are creating?

RO: We literally haven't sat down to talk about it, we just finished the movie two weeks ago and we're trying to let it wash over us and see what people like yourself think and see how the audiences respond to the first movie and base it on that cause again Star Trek isn't something we created it's something that all of us have taken care of and we want fan opinion before we commit to anything.
            http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...Feedback.shtml

Comment

On the subject of Kirk, did anyone else notice that Spock said "Jim, how did you manage to find me?" instead of "Jim, your alive?" I mean I'm assuming Picard would have informed Spock of Kirk's death after generations. Maybe they did indeed indirectly decide to canonize Shatner's novels and leave room open for him to be in the next movie.

Anyhow, what I would like to see is a darker remake of Space Seed, a worthy prequel to the Wraith of Khan.
              Last edited by Vyse99; 11 May 2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                On the subject of Kirk, did anyone else notice that Spock said "Jim, how did you manage to find me?" instead of "Jim, your alive?" I mean I'm assuming Picard would have informed Spock of Kirk's death after generations. Maybe they did indeed indirectly decide to canonize Shatner's novels and leave room open for him to be in the next movie.
                Maybe... or he knew he was in the 2260's and was surprised that Young!Kirk was able to find him.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                  Maybe... or he knew he was in the 2260's and was surprised that Young!Kirk was able to find him.
                  Perhaps, but from the tone from in his voice I got the impression he was expecting Kirk to recognize him.

Comment

Considering very little beyond ending up in a wheelchair came of the mind-bending slug being dropped down Pike's throat, I suspect we'll see an enemy within Starfleet brass in the sequel--in the form of Admiral Pike.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                      Perhaps, but from the tone from in his voice I got the impression he was expecting Kirk to recognize him.
                      Nah. My impression from it was simply that Spock was not expecting to see kirk on the ice planet. He assumed that the only way someone could have found him was by looking for him.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Star Trek Sequel To Explore Alternate Timeline

We all knew it was going to happen, and rightfully so, a Star Trek sequel is in the works. As my review clearly states below we in fact did get some news from screenwriter Kurtzman this week who states:

"All the characters who existed in the universe or canon we grew up with are essentially still around in some capacity," Kurtzman explained. "But their lives have been altered, so they may again intersect with our crew."

On whether or not there are any deals to have any of the cast and crew come back a second time around J.J. states:

"There's a deal in place with the writers and the actors," Abrams said recently of the "Star Trek" sequel, explaining that all the key actors are under contract to return. "If people like this movie, and there's a demand for another one, we would be happy to work on it."

Continues at the link
                        http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7478

Comment

Star Trek Sequel Gossip

Speaking to MTV News, they said we can expect characters from previous storylines - whose lives have been altered by Nero's time traveling shenanigans in Star Trek - to return.

Kurtzman: "All the characters that existed in the universe or canon we grew up with are essentially still around in some capacity. But their lives have been altered, so they may again intersect with our crew." He said we can expect an "unpredictable future", with the writers having the power to change the destinies of major Trek characters.

Orci said that he had already gone back to reading old novels and fan-fiction which could be used for plots. "I'm trying to read every Star Trek book I can get my hands on. We did that a lot for the first movie... I'm starting to re-immerse myself again in what's come before."
                          http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/981/981903p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Nah. My impression from it was simply that Spock was not expecting to see kirk on the ice planet. He assumed that the only way someone could have found him was by looking for him.
                            Which is preciesly why I think he was expecting Kirk from the future, why would he assume young Kirk was looking for him?

Comment

So, since that second movie is now almost for sure a go, what does everyone want to see in it?

I'm not even sure what I want... most likely he will continue to draw in the younger audience, which I would think would mean none of the more hard-core star trek plots we've seen in the show.

Borgs? probably not, but would be cool to see. An appearance by Q could also be cool.

I really have no idea what the next plot could be. Any thought?

Comment

Working...
                              X