Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
    aer'ki I know if you wanted some more hype/ publicity, you should try contacting the stargate groups on Facebook. each one has thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people on them. If you put your story up there, and say its the length of what, two three books, people would swarm to read them with the absense of stargate. also have you thought of going to blog format/ making your own webpage, you can still post here, but you gotta think, this forum is one of the last on topic page, and usually it has to be sorted through hundreds of other posts, having your own page could make it so much easier to get your story out.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I just took it and posted on four of the facebook stargate pages. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. I have the links to the community page and my author page at fanfiction on my facebook author page, so hopefully that will direct new readers to the currently posted stories without needing to make my own webpage.

Who knows? Worth a shot. Good call.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

The new story/chapter was nice to read.

Comment

Aer'ki,after reading this chapter, I have to ask. Did you completely forget that Jack went AWOL and left Earth through the Stargate in "Deja Vu"? And that he eventually ended up on Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Dokuritsushin View Post
          Aer'ki,after reading this chapter, I have to ask. Did you completely forget that Jack went AWOL and left Earth through the Stargate in "Deja Vu"? And that he eventually ended up on Atlantis?
          Haha, no. That was General O'Neill, this is Colonel O'Neill, aka "mini Jack" but he doesn't call himself that, nor does anyone else.

Comment

Oh. I completely forgot about the mini Jack. Please ignore my post.

Comment

YUS!!! Updates. I'm so stoked. This story just keeps getting bigger, it is really amazing.

I don't have a kindle either but have the app for my phone and computer.

So glad to see your keeping up the writing good to see you around again Aer'ki
              Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

the ronon bit of the 3rd chapter seemed way more interesting than the fight in 1st 2,5 chapters... can't really explain why, i guess that ronon scene seemed way more story heavy than the stretched out (at least is was for me) fight (imo fights are ok to look at, not read )... lol it's about the 'story density'

aer'ki, taking breaks that long and than not putting the BEST bits in the episode is evil ... judging from your actions people might start to think you're a member of AE xD

ps - i think i have to reread last few episodes, but i don't get why ronon is sticking so much to being human (mostly), he's got nothing to prove and it's idiotic to try, you can't beat lots of millions of years of evolution with light sweating
                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

lol reread some of my early posts in this topic... i'm an idiot, at least i was (talking about my writing style and interactions with other people)... i think i've become more dead inside since then

...try it, it's quite interesting
                  Last edited by NIMBUS; 18 February 2012, 03:14 PM.
                  ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I just re read the all the episodes and something struck me. In the episode with the chinese doing some damage to the aschen, when did the IOA get a copy of the asgard data core?

I don't know if it is just me but I thought that they had previously said that the core was too intricate to replicate for earth? Hence it still being on Odyssey....?

Comment

I can't find the Facebook page, whats it called?

Comment

Originally posted by camothor View Post
                        I can't find the Facebook page, whats it called?
                        The page is "Aer-ki Jyr" and it's a public page, not a personal one, so it might not pop up on the search strip. Hit 'see all' underneath and it should come up. Had to find it that way myself this morning when setting up another page.

As for the IOA having a copy of the core, it's a data copy, not a hardware copy. That they can't make, so they don't know for sure how much data they pulled off prior to losing the Odyssey or how many other hidden functions it had. The data copied is a straight up general access library file that is massive and the science is above Earth understanding, but less so for the Goa'uld.

Comment

Hey Aer-Ki I discovered a Stargate Atlantis story today on ff.net which An author named Spearhead wrote and is titled Stargate: Ancient Reincarnation. I noticed the first chapter is the same content as ur ROTA episode 1 chap 1 except it's shortened. I assume u gave Spearhead permission to write a modified version of ur story and use excerpts from ep1 chap 1?
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Yes, he asked nicely and I gave him the go ahead. But thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Of course, no problem. :-) When I read the story, I thought I recalled him bringing up the request on this thread and you approving. But I couldn't recall definitely, and I didn't see an acknowledgement before the story content. Sure Spearhead didn't purposely not place one.
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Hey Aer-Ki; I wanted to discuss an issue I think you should know about but might be too sensitive an issue. I'm not going to be stating anything negative towards you at all, but this very important issue does involve you so please check your GW PM when you can. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X