This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate actors support charity autographs website

Actors from Stargate are taking part in a new project with two aims: to benefit charities and to stop dealers from selling fake autographs to fans. In conjunction with Legends Memorabilia, a number of actors including Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Chris Judge are selling signed photographs and scripts at www.stargate-autographs.com Every item comes with a certificate of authenticity and is guaranteed genuine.

Recently, the actors were shocked when they were made aware how many fake autographs are being sold on auction sites and through dealers. Legends, who have run charity auctions for Stargate and Andromeda, offered to provide a free service to help stamp out forgeries and raise money for causes chosen by the Stargate actors. The only extra charge on the autographed items will be postage to wherever you live; 100% of the profits go to charity.

This is your chance to support some very good causes and to own something special; photos being sold include signed group shots of SG-1, and for longtime RDA fans, there are signed photos of MacGyver as well as Jack O’Neill.

You may have noticed that Solutions have had several announcements about Legends Memorabilia of late. Why? Because we want fans to be able to buy safely from people who care about giving them genuine autographs and quality products. We have seen autographs on eBay and at cons which we knew were fake; in some cases it didn’t even look like the actor’s writing! The best way to stop this happening is for fans to have somewhere safe to buy autographs if they want them.

Similarly, we’ve seen some very poor homemade merchandise being sold as if it were licensed by MGM. It can be very hard to know from a small description on an auction site whether an item is worth having. If you buy from Legends you will get what you pay for and it will be good quality. Legends have supported a number of charity auctions at cons, and respect fans rather than exploiting them. We wish there were people like them working in other sci-fi fandoms.

Solutions would like to congratulate everyone involved in this project; sci-fi fans have been ripped off long enough and it’s great to see Legends and the Stargate cast working to help fans and charities. Please see our story on Solutions SG-1 CAST ENDORSED STARGATEAUTOGRAPHS.COM LAUNCHES for a press release from Legends including a special message from Richard Dean Anderson.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip....php?p=180&c=1

ADDENDUM: Legends advise that they are still working out one or two issues with the shopping cart at the site. If you experience any difficulty when “checking out” your purchase, email Legends with the catalogue number(s) for your item(s) and they will process the order for you.

How cool.

I love some of the pictures! Especially the cast signed pictures. I've NEVER EVER seen some of those pictures. I want better quality of those pictures!

Comment

That's great!

It's horrible how many fakes are out there. Over the years I've occasionally sold off some of my autographs to help finance more con trips, and it's become more and more difficult to get reasonable prices. I had a Star Trek Voyager cast photo with a couple of autographs on it (which I'd got myself). First time I listed it on on eBay it went to over £100, but the sale fell through. I listed it a couple of other times, with a lower reserve each time, and each time it went to a lower price. I finally sold it, I think, for about £35 with more autographs on it by then. Less than the signing fees I'd paid for it in fact... and I had the fees from several auctions to pay.

Now I've got a Carrie Fisher picture I can't shift at all, even at the price I paid for it. I know it's genuine: she signed it right in front of me. But there's plenty of poor fools out there buying the cheaper fakes.

I'm having to give up selling autographs on eBay.

Sadly I'm sure there will still be plenty of fools losing their money on eBay. And it doesn't help people like me trying to raise a bit of cash from their collection. But at least this means there's somewhere at least some people can get the real thing. Might even buy RDA's myself! Or a signed script... I'd love a script...
      My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

What a great thing for the cast to do! Thanks to them for the fans and the charities that will benefit from this.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X