Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    Basically, FanFic are on a purge, and deleting any story they consider is flouting the posting regulations. Anything even slightly risque is at risk, so the best thing is to consider pulling your fics, especially if you want to retain any reviews. There's been a bit of a stink about it, as you may well imagine.
    Why bother having an age restriction category, then? When I tried to go there I had to confirm I'm over 14 (this was before I was told I had to log in). It would make more sense to up this to 18.
    sigpic

Comment

It's all a bit arbitrary, in any case, as FF doesn't seem - at least, not that I've noticed - to monitor its own regulatory standards. In 2002, so I'm informed, there was a purge then, when they got rid of the NC-17 rating, and every story under that rating. This is of a similar nature. What's irritating is they do not take into account the simple fact that kids lie all the damn time, and can access far greater amounts of horrendous material simply by going to epubs such as Ellora's Cave etc. It's a kneejerk reaction to a few complaints.

There are other issues with FF, not least of which is they seem incapable of responding to genuine issues, instead of ridiculous ones.
      sigpic

Comment

FF.net always seemed to be a bit on the whacky side for me and I never really got used to it. What I did yesterday was screencapping all my reviews and saving them just in case. If they take my stories down for whatever reason that'd be a nuisance but at least I'd still have the feedback. I'm going to post my stories on LJ in any case once I've overhauled Wraith Games.

Comment

I never really liked FF much. It was the first site I posted on and I kept posting there simply because there were people there who asked me to. But I don't like their formatting and prefer the layout and look on dA, so I'll stick to posting there and just let FF do whatever they think have to do - probably take down 90% of my stories! LOL

Talking of my writing, I have some exciting news... I have agreed to wrote a novella for the franchise of romance stories (no smut!) published by the company I work for.
          I've come up with a plotline with a modern Native American hero, who I plan to model on a certain someone...
          I figured I'd better cover my back copyrights wise and emailed him for permission to do so and I was bowled over to get a really lovely reply from him:

Hey Babs
          I would be honored to be your Jacob :-)
          Have fun writing. I look forward to reading your progress.

I haven't stopped grinning all week
          Unfortunately I can't post this story online as my company will have copyright, but I will buy up lots of copies and send them out to anyone who wants one!
          Don't hold your breath though... I've written 5,000 words so only 45,000 to go! And it won't come out until late 2012, possibly even early 2013.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
            Talking of my writing, I have some exciting news... I have agreed to wrote a novella for the franchise of romance stories (no smut!) published by the company I work for.
            I've come up with a plotline with a modern Native American hero, who I plan to model on a certain someone...
            I figured I'd better cover my back copyrights wise and emailed him for permission to do so and I was bowled over to get a really lovely reply from him:

Hey Babs
            I would be honored to be your Jacob :-)
            Have fun writing. I look forward to reading your progress.

I haven't stopped grinning all week
            That's wonderful news. Hugs*

Unfortunately I can't post this story online as my company will have copyright, but I will buy up lots of copies and send them out to anyone who wants one!
            Don't hold your breath though... I've written 5,000 words so only 45,000 to go! And it won't come out until late 2012, possibly even early 2013.
            I'd love to read it when it comes out.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, that's great news! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks! I don't know whether I should be excited or terrified that Rick clearly wants to read it as I write it! So no pressure there then!

I have no internet at home just now and it might be mid week before I'm back up and running, so catch you later.
                Meanwhile, it gives me extra time to spend writing...
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Thanks! I don't know whether I should be excited or terrified that Rick clearly wants to read it as I write it! So no pressure there then!
                  You'll be fine.

I have no internet at home just now and it might be mid week before I'm back up and running, so catch you later.
                  Meanwhile, it gives me extra time to spend writing...
                  That's a pain. But, as you said, it gives you extra time for writing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Thought I'd share something with you all that I came across while I've been trying to sort the house out. A piccie of me all Klingon'd up from'94. I found my costume the other day too, and my disrupter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                      Thought I'd share something with you all that I came across while I've been trying to sort the house out. A piccie of me all Klingon'd up from'94. I found my costume the other day too, and my disrupter.
                      You make a great Klingon. I loved their outifts in the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd post a warning about the WWA forum on Freeforums. DO NOT log in, DO NOT post, it has been hacked by a mean virus that will log all your entries and steal vital personal info about finances. Dray let me know asap, as she got caught.

Look after yourselves, sisters and brothers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for letting the players know,Isolde.I'll pass this info along to the Mods and Admins.

Run anti-malware programs and full scans ,everyone.( If you haven't had to already!)
                          One of many nasty things about Hackers : they load anything and everything onto their programs,and they don't care who gets hit.

If I were you ,I'd make sure you haven't had your GW passwords and passes to other sites compromised in any way.
                          Run as many scans as it takes,ditch any infected files ,then change your passes to something that can't be easily broken.

eg :Try for a combination of lower/upper case letters,symbols and numbers.Longer passes ( 16+ characters) are harder to crack.

If in doubt : get an expert in to deal with your comp/hard drives.It's worth the cost.

If anyone needs a brand-new pass ,even one sent by the automated mailer, first make certain it isn't going to be intercepted by a third-party!)

Best of luck everyone.

Bagpuss
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've tried googling for information on this hack since yesterday and can't find anything about it. Usually, when something like this happens, people are reporting it on various sites. Right now there's no way of knowing if it's safe to go back.
                            sigpic

Comment

Catch-22 in a way.

If you go back- you risk infecting your computer/being keylogged and hacked.

If you don't go back-you can't confirm what's actually there and take steps to fix or strip out infected code.

Comment

I've been taking a look at the Freeforums site itself.Seems like a fair amount of help might be possible via their support staff and forum.

An admin ticket ( detailed desription of the hack/difficulties plus a typed-url to your site) might work best ,because then their tech experts can go look on your behalf.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X