ZPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archetype View Post
    That may be. Also consider that at the end of the war the Wraith may have gone around destroying all the left over Ancient technology they could find. They have no real use for it, and they certaintly wouldn't want to leave weapons lying around that could be used against them.
    Yeah exactly that 'they could find', we've seen loads of Ancient Outposts still intact. E.G. One of the latest ones found was the secret Janus Lab in 'First Contact/The Lost Tribe' where Doctors McKay and Jackson where taken. Which means there still could be some sort of ZPM creating facility out there, or even possibly still undiscovered in Atlantis!

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
    Um didn't the ancients create three ZPms when they took back atlantis (Stargate wiki said thats what happened although its not that reliable) Rodney might have accidentally turned it off not knowing what it was.
    I just thought they bought the ZPM's with them
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post

I just thought they bought the ZPM's with them
      Actually the ZPM's that were left over after the Tria Crew took over and were subsequently slaughtered by the Asurans came from the Asurans.

They brought them with them and used them to power the city to 100%.

It wouldn't surprise me if the ZPM lab was one of the areas the crew of the Tria were getting ready to bring online when the Asurans arrived.

Also, I could have sworn it was mentioned in the show that they knew where the ZPM's were made but they didn't really understand the process itself and as such left it offline while studying everything they could on it. The Ancients were notorious for chronicling everything involving their accomplishments, it would make sense that a "How to make ZPM's" guide would be in the database but since it was meant for Ancients it would be a bit out of the mental reach of even the vaunted mind of Rodney McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
        Actually the ZPM's that were left over after the Tria Crew took over and were subsequently slaughtered by the Asurans came from the Asurans.

They brought them with them and used them to power the city to 100%.
        Yeah that's what I meant by "I just thought they bought the ZPM's with them!"

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        if the ancients had a zpm making factory then of course we would be able to look up where it is in the ancients database.
        Firstly, the database is huge, they haven't really managed to even scratch the surface of Ancient Tech, there's probably some sort of ZPM facility within Atlantis that is still undiscovered! Secondly, we know the Ancients sometimes deleted things from the Database, such as the Asurans in Season 3, episode 'Progeny', or the Ancient Outpost in Season 2, episode 'Trinity'!
        sigpic

Comment

They probably Made ZPMs in a lab one at a time. during peace times a ZPM would last thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years. By that time they would have made several replacements.
          ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

With a zpm that isn't a big deal. Remember the Lanteans have access to a universe spanning gate system.

Comment

na nt true cos if u remember the ancients where under siege so no time to go off world really besides atlantis had to have a place where they created the ZPMs now its probley a machine that looks like the one merlin used to create the anti ori weapon so why dint the atlantis expo just search the database and find where it was in the first place seams the writers dint think it through and dont say the database is hugh cos rodeny had successfully searched for the whale thing so why not find files associated with the citys power thats not really hard cos rodeny found the info on the first episode when he said "the city is run buy 3 ZPMs" so why dint they just continue to search i bet there was enough power to create 3 more ZPMs on that first day they arrived

Comment

IMO for the context for the show. The ability to make ZPM's should never have become something that should be as easy as just flicking a switch on a machine,and having one just magicaly popping out.
                It would have given the "heroes" of the show too big of an advantage over most of the enimes and situations that would have come up. And as for the Asurans,it can be acceptable that they should have had quite a few ZPMs seing as how they pretty much had 10 thousand years of not having that much to do but set and round and make a bunch of them.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  if the ancients had a zpm making factory then of course we would be able to look up where it is in the ancients database.

chances are they made them in a lab and the were VERY hard to do, so they only had a few, the replicators probly could do it a bit better then

as for the other planets well i assume they searched them and found nothing...its not like they just left them to be explored another time

and who said it was the last known warship....just the last one know by us...there could be hundreds more out there but it was 10,000 years ago so not very likely or they are all decrepit like aurora was
                  I agree that the facility probably exists on Atlantis and that it's probably too hard for us less advanced..
                  If I were rodney I would have made new Replicators, not unlike the asurans but with a few extra rules:

Cannot harm Ancients or humans.
                  Remove the Aggresivity.
                  Make them less aware, just do as they are told.
                  Remove their resistance to ARW's.
                  Cannot Self-Replicate. (without direct order)

Place them on the mainland and then tell them to build stuff, Warships, drones, ZPM's... the whole shabang. Leaving a PWARW in orbit as a safety.

They could build an entire Asuras as long as the raw materials were available!

A full armada of ZPM powered Warships (could even add Asgard tech in the design).

Comment

Working...
                  X