ZPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's

K I've been thinking about this lately, Atlantis and various other Ancient Outposts are run on ZPM's, the Replicators even used ZPM's which they made themselves, so originally the Ancients obviously built their own! But now there are only a few dotted about the Pegasus Galaxy. (and a few in MW) So are there no Ancient facilities left that are capable of creating ZPM's!? I mean I know for the shows purpose, if they had an unlimited supply of ZPM's it'd be rather boring, but even if they found an outpost and created a handful of ZPM's, then the Wraith showed up and destroyed the outpost, they wouldn't have to keep scavenging!

In season 1, episode 'Before I Sleep', Janus gave Dr Weir a list of outposts with ZPM's that we know includes 'Dagan' = 'The Brotherhood' and 'M7G-677' = 'Childhood's End'. Surely there were more than these 2 planets!? Although they never did find another ZPM thanks to that list!!

Also, I think it was a bit lame that they destroyed the last known of 'Ancient War Ship' in season 5, episode 'First Contact/Lost Tribe'!
    sigpic

{mod snip}

if the ancients had a zpm making factory then of course we would be able to look up where it is in the ancients database.

chances are they made them in a lab and the were VERY hard to do, so they only had a few, the replicators probly could do it a bit better then

as for the other planets well i assume they searched them and found nothing...its not like they just left them to be explored another time

and who said it was the last known warship....just the last one know by us...there could be hundreds more out there but it was 10,000 years ago so not very likely or they are all decrepit like aurora was
    Last edited by KatG; 14 April 2009, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      who said it was the last known warship....just the last one know by us...there could be hundreds more out there but it was 10,000 years ago so not very likely or they are all decrepit like aurora was
      Yeah that's what I said 'the last warship known of'!!
      Last edited by bobsenior; 14 April 2009, 03:47 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

It's likely the Ancients had facilities to create ZPMs, but it's also likely that those facilities were prime targets for the Wraith during the war. Probably the first places attacked by the Wraith were those ZPM factories. That would also explain how the Wraith were able to gradually wear the Ancients down- by cutting off their supply of new ZPMs.

Comment

I will take this moment to remind folks that, given the fluid nature of the forum, newbies have no idea what's been discussed to death over the years. As new folks join the fandom, we end up with all sorts of stuff that's 'new to them' even as it's old hat to some of us.

Please accept this as a sign of a healthy and growing fandom and be tolerant of the newbies.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have always found it odd that no record of how they were made or even a mention of it was really ever made on the show. We may be able to use similar technology to create something half that powerful, which would still cream anything else we have.
            sigpic

Comment

It wasnt the last known aurora. The repli-wiers aurora is still out there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_5124 View Post
                It wasnt the last known aurora. The repli-wiers aurora is still out there somewhere.
                Oh yeah, that's true, I'd forgotten about that one!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post
                  It's likely the Ancients had facilities to create ZPMs, but it's also likely that those facilities were prime targets for the Wraith during the war. Probably the first places attacked by the Wraith were those ZPM factories. That would also explain how the Wraith were able to gradually wear the Ancients down- by cutting off their supply of new ZPMs.
                  Due to the fact that these facilities were prime targets, the Ancients may as well have hidden them or even destroyed them. After the Wraith conquered several Auroras, stole the ZPMs and grown in numbers the Ancients might have got it and cut the Wraith's "supply" of ZPMs.
                  And just in case the database might fall into a Wraith's hand they erased the hints on the facility from the database.
                  Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                  Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                  - - - - -
                  Knight Rider S01E11
                  KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                  - - - - -
                  Eureka S03E12
                  Bismarck: This is madness.
                  Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

I doubt they built ZPM's in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      I doubt they built ZPM's in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Thats not very likely as it would mean they would have to go back and forth from another galaxy to get them which would have been pointless

Comment

If the Wraith did capture any of these Zpm making facilities it's likely all the equipment there(when the war started of course) was programmed to respond to the ATA therefore useless to the wraith. There might be a few ones left, maybe even one hidden in Atlantis like Janus's Lab in case the wraith got in Atlantis, see minimal damage could be done.

And yes I do think were or still are ones in the Pegasus Galaxy
                        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                          Due to the fact that these facilities were prime targets, the Ancients may as well have hidden them or even destroyed them. After the Wraith conquered several Auroras, stole the ZPMs and grown in numbers the Ancients might have got it and cut the Wraith's "supply" of ZPMs.
                          And just in case the database might fall into a Wraith's hand they erased the hints on the facility from the database.
                          That may be. Also consider that at the end of the war the Wraith may have gone around destroying all the left over Ancient technology they could find. They have no real use for it, and they certaintly wouldn't want to leave weapons lying around that could be used against them.

Comment

That reminds me, whatever happened to the Brotherhood. The took their time to introduce them and then....nothing for 4 more years. Pfft.

The day they find out how to produce ZPMs is centuries after we disclose the Stargate to the world.

Comment

Um didn't the ancients create three ZPms when they took back atlantis (Stargate wiki said thats what happened although its not that reliable) Rodney might have accidentally turned it off not knowing what it was.
                              sigpic
                              Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                              STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Working...
                              X