This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie In Need Of Chronology Help!

I apologize in advance for sounding like a newbie.

I started started watching SG-1 this fall when I purchased the 10 season box set. I'm reaching the middle of the 9th season now and I've got a problem: My friend bought me the Continuum movie, and I'm not exactly sure when to watch it. I see that Vala and Landry are in it, so I know its soon (or at least after where I am now), but I'm not sure if its a stand-alone movie or in conjunction with the show's story arc. Also, either I'm missing something or I'm crazy but in the 9th season so far, they've mentioned Dr. Weir being in the Pegasus galaxy. When did this happen? It was like one minute she was in charge of SGC and then Jack was in charge. Did I miss an episode? Did Stargate Atlantis start before the end of SG-1? Are there crossover epsiodes? Should I be worried and running out to buy the Atlantis dvds?

Newly born Stargate fanatic in dire need of assistance! Please help!
    Jonas - So how do I know what color to wear?
    Sam - We call each other in the morning

SG-A started at the end of SG-1 season 7, the shows then ran in parallel. Continuum is the last SG-1 movie. The movies started after the series ended with the ark of truth. There have been 2 SG-1 movies so far.

Comment

I would say you're safe to watch Continuum but not Ark of Truth until after Season 10 is completed.
      sigpic

Comment

First of all while Continuum is stand alone it is my recomendation you finish SG1 before watching it. All you need to know about Atlantis is during S8-S10 of SG1 is their is a group of Tauri in the Pegasus Galaxy fighting aliens named Wraith. That said you might want to see some Atlantis before watching SG1 10x03 The Pegasus Project.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Continuum comes after the series. ark of Truth is also after but before Continuum. SGA starts along side season 8 of SG1.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

There's a stickied thread for newbies just like you.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Ok SGA starts after the second episode of Season 8 of SG1, because in the second episode Weir is assigned to the ancient outpost in Antartica and Jack is unthawed. Then it goes to Sga. The Siege trilogy of SGA start after Moebius at the end of season 8 of SG1 you know this because they don't yet have the Zpm. Pretty much everything else is fine. AoT is right before season 4 of Atlantis and Continuum is after season 4 of Atlantis.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you guys for all of your help, I went out and bought the first season of Atlantis so I can catch up!
                Jonas - So how do I know what color to wear?
                Sam - We call each other in the morning

Comment

Ok, I'm new also but I've been watching SG-1 forever and really enjoy it. What I cannot figure out is why Jessica Steen was let go and replaced with the current Dr Weir. Anybody Know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginnyjoe View Post
                    Ok, I'm new also but I've been watching SG-1 forever and really enjoy it. What I cannot figure out is why Jessica Steen was let go and replaced with the current Dr Weir. Anybody Know?
                    Heres the thing, I dont even really enjoy torri higginson as dr. weir, but i find her a much better fit than the original.
                    A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginnyjoe View Post
                      I believe the SG-1 Dr Weir was written in as the leader of the Stargate: Command TV show idea. After season 7 of SG-1 they were going to cancel SG-1 and replace it with SGC. Dr Weir would be in charge, Atlantis would've been buried in Antarctica and would become he new HQ and it would largely continue the SG-1 storyline with different characters. After the decision to keep SG-1 as well as get the new show, they changed SGC to SG-A, reloated Atlantis and probably found that they needed a rewrite of the Dr Weir character and Jessica Steen just wasn't right for the role. SG-1 Dr Weir was a 'ballsy' female trying to live in a man's world, just like Carter was, where as SG-A Dr Weir is caring and feminine, the counter-point to Shepherd's macho warrior type.

Comment

Working...
                      X