The end of 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    That's why I like to believe that "200"'s completely non-canon. It's just too full of stupid.
    Though extremely entertaining, I somewhat agree. I would say the episode is semi-canon. For me, the only really unbelievable part of the episode is where everyone goes through the stargate for Mitchell's party complete with Harriman's "magical" wardrobe change in mere seconds from the control room to the gate room. Realistically, the party would have been at Jack's Cabin, Mitchell's house, or some place like that. It's all in how you look at the episode.

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
    I wish they had shot an actual Wormhole Extreme episode and included it on the DVD. lol
    Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      from what I understand, nothing in that episode is to be taken seriously.
      y..y..you mean there was no cake?
      *trembling bottom lip*
      sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

Yowza. Full of stupid? Yikes.

I'd agree that the episode isn't truly canon, but I find it to be fun. I guess the bit I get the biggest kick out of is the "Jack's invisible" portion, especially with Carter in the shower.

"Sir, are you out there?"
        "No."

I would agree that it would have been better to interview the actual cast members, but I think that they did not want to break through that barrier. Yet they did get some good zingers in there, especially concerning Michael Shanks' departure after S5.

Comment

they did i was there
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Wow. I love this episode. They make fun of themselves. They acknowledge stuff that was dumb and tell us as viewers "we hear you and agree...that was dumb". For instance the fact that a third shot from the zat makes bodies disappear.

They poked fun at themselves and I enjoyed watching them do it. I loved the Farscape spoof and how they nodded that they just happened to have that show's main characters. There are so many inside jokes that true fans understood and could laugh at.

All in all...the funniest gate episode in my book

As for the party...it did happen in that episode, but that episode is non-canon. It was just a fun episode where they took a side step out of the storyline to celebrate the 200th ep. The party was for Mitchell though.
            sigpic
            by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

See, I got the jokes and didn't find most of them funny. To me, they seems more mocking of the fans and even the actors. That bit about the 'Carter' actress being concerned about having a job... how would you feel if all the other cast members - plus a new one - had contracts in hand and you hadn't even been approached about it yet? Hardee-har-har, so, so funny!

Though I loved the puppets and the Farscape bit was okay, the rest... especially the party for a certain number of times thru the Stargate, what is Mitchell, 12?
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
              X