do skinjob cylons age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do skinjob cylons age?

When they die and resurrect, do they go back to the age they were when they came to being or their new age?

*points to the Tigh meets Adama flashback back in season 2*

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
      *points to the Tigh meets Adama flashback back in season 2*
      The final 5 are different to the other models. The final 5 obviously do age but I doubt the others would. They probably do die from wear and tear eventually...
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

so even with resurrection the final 5 will eventually die of old age, but will not die prematurely and every time they die they come back to the age that they die (eg Ellen)

and with resurrection the 7 will be immortal cos every time they die they come back to a new body of whatever age they were designed to be

???

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          The final 5 are different to the other models. The final 5 obviously do age but I doubt the others would. They probably do die from wear and tear eventually...
          I have to agree. The final 5 are very different from the sig 7. In fact we know they can age ... and we know that on Kobol (where they originated) and later Earth (where they settled) they were a thriving humanoid civilization capable of procreating amongst themselves (something the sig 7 can't do unless it's with a human ... and then ONLy in very rare instances).

According to the BSG cannon, these final 5 were just individuals (i.e unique - NOT copies) Cylons from Earth who survived the cataclysm that destroyed their civilization. They managed to make it to the 12 colonies (bringing resurrection tech with them) and then went on to guide the new sentient Cylons on Caprica from being destroyed by Humans. We also know that they then started to work (along with the new Cylons) towards the creation of humanoid Cylons ... and the Hybrids were their first such creation (although deemed an evolutionary dead end for myriads of reasons).

Based on the fact that their 1st "take" on humanoid Cylons (the hybrids) was a flop, it is fair to surmise that this was a learning process for the final 5 ... that they did not understand their own creation fully ... and as yet not capable of creating Cylon "skinjobs" as "human" as themselves ... with aging and certainly procreation beyond their skills to bestow to the sig 7. This is all speculation of course (since the cannon does not cover aging all that much) but I believe logical.

IMHO, the biggest evidence that the sig 7 models don't age is that we never saw any copies of the same models at different ages walking around anywhere. Even 10 years age difference would show yet we saw no evidence of that. The owners of the cannon have an opportunity to fill that gap (and provoid an answer for the fans of BSG) in some future BSG release.

Comment

the new 7 are also (almost entirely) organic, so they don't age probably because they solved the biological aging problem (a holy grail for today's RL scientists)

just like they solved the sleeping problem (they don't need to sleep, though for some reason feel the need to simulate it)

Comment

Working...
            X