This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French 304

Why haven't the French got there own 304? If the Chinese got there own (speculation) shouldn't the French get one as well? China isn't even an ally of the USA.

Why haven't the Australians got their own 304? If the Chinese got their own (speculation) shouldn't the Australians get one as well? China isn't even an ally of the USA.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Why haven't the Australians got their own 304? If the Chinese got their own (speculation) shouldn't the Australians get one as well? China isn't even an ally of the USA.
      Neither it seems are the French most days

Comment

The french don't get one cause they would eat it. They like exotic food. How about eating exotic ships. "By exotic i just mean i like the look of them."

And the russians it's amazing they didn't do nuclear testing on their ship.
        With the chinese it's amazing they didn't turn the ship into housing for the poor
        With america it's amazing they didn't load theirs with heaps and heaps of money just to get it destroyed.

Sorry if any of these annoy you but i couldn't think of anything that any other country would do with these.

Oh wait

If australia got a ship we would try to turn it into an exotic space vacation centre

Comment

The French don't have one because the 304's can't outrun anything while flying backwards.

Temp0ral.
          sigpic

Comment

The French?
            If you start treating our people that visit your nation with respect, maybe. Just maybe.

I could live with France having 302's and an SG team or two. But maybe you could offer a blackmail or something special to get a 302. American-French relationship isn't as good as American-British relationship nor as "special" as American-Russian Love/Hate relationship. At least the Chinese have a blackmail worthy of a 304.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              The French?
              If you start treating our people that visit your nation with respect, maybe. Just maybe.

I could live with France having 302's and an SG team or two. But maybe you could offer a blackmail or something special to get a 302. American-French relationship isn't as good as American-British relationship nor as "special" as American-Russian Love/Hate relationship. At least the Chinese have a blackmail worthy of a 304.
              *snerk* yeah excellent point! though, in their support the US started it. the us made it extremely hard for the french to come into the US so in response they reciprocated. then there is the fact that the US Military Industrial Complex got pissed off when the French Government kicked out all the US troops that were stationed there. so, I think its the US's job to reach out and improve relations. (its the Quebecois I believe should be kept from any advancement! they snub EVERYONE now.

Fifth: the French possess the parodox of tenacity to protect their social interests and preposed self destruction that I have sought to breed into my experimental human population. I would be interested in providing them with 304's to see what they would do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                Why haven't the French got there own 304? If the Chinese got there own (speculation) shouldn't the French get one as well? China isn't even an ally of the USA.
                Honestly, the French are the worst NATO ally. The Brits, Dutch, and Canadians pull their own weight in the Alliance, but the French are at the bottom of the list.

The Chinese probably just offered to forgive all U.S. debt in exchange for a 304.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I generally got the impression that no-one else of the other nations is as prominent or powerful a member of the gate treaty as either the Russians or Chinese. As such none other than those two countries would have the political leverage to requisition a 304 battlecruiser.
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 11 March 2009, 08:18 PM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    Honestly, the French are the worst NATO ally. The Brits, Dutch, and Canadians pull their own weight in the Alliance, but the French are at the bottom of the list.
                    Dude, in the last 3 months France has lost 25 soldiers in Afghanistan, maybe it's all a joke to you but nobody is laughing here.
                    Last edited by P3X-666; 11 March 2009, 09:35 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Temp0ral View Post
                      The French don't have one because the 304's can't outrun anything while flying backwards.

Temp0ral.
                      Lol

I may not be a huge fan of the French but i think they do deserve a 304. As long as they dont ditch us Americans in battle and ACTUALLY HELP OUT i would be glad if they got one.

And also how come the USA in Stargate gave the Russians a 304? I didn't know the Americans trusted the Russians so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post

The Chinese probably just offered to forgive all U.S. debt in exchange for a 304.
                        I sort of agree. Right now its mainly the Americans and Brits who are doing the stuff in the Middle East (Afghanistan and Iraq). But lets not put Politics on the Forum

Well if the French got there own 304 at least it wont fall apart like the Chinese 304. And there would probably be a 20% chance in France helping her allies if a Space battle happened.

Comment

Originally posted by P3X-666 View Post
                          Dude, in the last 3 months we've lost 25 soldiers in Afghanistan, maybe it's all a joke to you but nobody is laughing here.
                          Technically, the French were allies before the Brits. We waged war against Briton during the Revolution, but now the two nations act like best friends. That relationship is becsuse of WW1, WW2 and the Cold War, which saw Russia become a Super power, and Briton decline a bit after the empire collapsed, thuse negating the feude.

For France, we paid for 80% of their war with the Vietnamese in the 1950's. They lost.....

France left NATO in the 1960's because we tried to prevent them from becoming a major player in the alliance. We treated De Gaulle like a 2nd rate power, but England like an equal. France got pissed and left NATO, only rejoining near the end of the Cold War.

I would love to see the major EU nations get a battle cruiser, some 302's or even an Atlantis or SGC offworld team. Briton should get something, since we have so many military ties with them.

Possible ship names

Richileau
                          Montcalm
                          Alsace Lorraine
                          De Gaulle
                          Lafayette

HMS Intrepid
                          HMS Hood
                          HMS Victorious
                          HMS Sovereign
                          HMS Illustrius

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                            And also how come the USA in Stargate gave the Russians a 304? I didn't know the Americans trusted the Russians so much.
                            The Stargate belonged to the Russians after they salvaged it from international waters and when the beta gate was destroyed, they started renting their gate to the U.S. After awhile, it came time to renew their deal and the Russians threatened to take it back and start up their own Stargate program with China's help. But what they really wanted was a 304, so the U.S. ended up giving them one in exchange for the gate (which, there was no way they would've given up and if they didn't it would not put them in good standing with their allies).

So presumably, if China now has a 304 now, they also found a way to get it by putting pressure on the U.S. who is not in the business of handing out 304s to any country that wants them (they weren't even properly following their agreement of sharing off-world technology with others and instead started claiming that the agreement referred to technology of a non-military nature).

Comment

Well why don't we crew them whit international crews?
                              It would be much much better, like EU 4 304s 8 303s sharing them all together.
                              I think that it would be a much better caus then it wouldn't come up argues.
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
                              X