Chimera (Resistance 1+2) Vs. Stargate Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chimera (Resistance 1+2) Vs. Stargate Races

If the two universes stated above somehow joined, who would be better overall (eg. Tech wise, at war...)?
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

The Chimera would own us in ground warfare.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

what show is the chimera universe in?

and just cus i love stargate i gonna say the stargate universe because who can beat a fleet of 200 atlantis's and like 500 superhives and thousands of ground troops with ancient personal shields and some of ronans guns.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

stargate will win in space fights but the Chimera would I thing win in ground battles

and stargater 1990 they are from a game in PS3 called resistance 1 and 2

AWSOME GAMES

Comment

After playing Resistance 1 I think we would own the Chimera in the tech stakes, but ground warfare would be one hell of a battle, if we decided to use the tech we've gained then we could pretty much annihilate the Chimera.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
            After playing Resistance 1 I think we would own the Chimera in the tech stakes, but ground warfare would be one hell of a battle, if we decided to use the tech we've gained then we could pretty much annihilate the Chimera.
            Really really doubtful. They'd own us in ground combat, especially if you look at resistance 2. We'd be destroyed.

Tech wise its hard to tell how advanced they are.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

We know they have shields, cybernetics, genetics and teleporter tech. Their weapons are good aswell.
              Originally posted by Craig Charles
              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                Really really doubtful. They'd own us in ground combat, especially if you look at resistance 2. We'd be destroyed.

Tech wise its hard to tell how advanced they are.
                It was just my opinion.
                I don't see how the Chimera could get much worse than they were in the first game, apart from maybe having greater numbers and they would be facing modern SG weapons tech not stuff from world war 2 in order to gain any ground.

I don't think the Chimera are more advanced than say the Goauld and we've got Asgard tech now.

Since I've only played the first game I have to base by conclusion on what evidence I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                  It was just my opinion.
                  I don't see how the Chimera could get much worse than they were in the first game, apart from maybe having greater numbers and they would be facing modern SG weapons tech not stuff from world war 2 in order to gain any ground.

I don't think the Chimera are more advanced than say the Goauld and we've got Asgard tech now.

Since I've only played the first game I have to base by conclusion on what evidence I've seen.
                  Ok, they have superior abilities to us e.g. speed and strength for starters, they also have weapons which are at least as good as our own + all manner of beasts and heavy units. They would own us.

Tech level in this case is irrelevent they have a much better and more developed ground force than the Goa'uld. Small scale battles like those in SG with small units of humans taking on many times their number of enemies would be non existant. So basically we need to determine what sort of battle it is, full scale battle with tanks etc...or whatever.

We don't use Asgard tech in ground warfare so its really irrelevent.

The Chimera have units with personal shields and guns which fire through solid objects and all kinds of other flying shielded things + Goliaths which could stomp on tanks. The tech in resistance isn't just world war 2 alot of it is more advanced than what there was back then probably due to exposure to Chimeran tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    Ok, they have superior abilities to us e.g. speed and strength for starters, they also have weapons which are at least as good as our own + all manner of beasts and heavy units. They would own us.

Tech level in this case is irrelevent they have a much better and more developed ground force than the Goa'uld. Small scale battles like those in SG with small units of humans taking on many times their number of enemies would be non existant. So basically we need to determine what sort of battle it is, full scale battle with tanks etc...or whatever.

We don't use Asgard tech in ground warfare so its really irrelevent.

The Chimera have units with personal shields and guns which fire through solid objects and all kinds of other flying shielded things + Goliaths which could stomp on tanks. The tech in resistance isn't just world war 2 alot of it is more advanced than what there was back then probably due to exposure to Chimeran tech.
                    Good points, when you put it like that then I now agree we would get owned in the ground warfare stakes if we didn't implement Asgard tech into our ground warfare gear.

Depending on where the battles took place, if they were say on some other planet in our galaxy that had been over run by the Chimera and there were no other intelligent life forms than them present we could hit them from orbit with Naqueda enhanced nukes and Asgard weaponry, so I don't think it would really come down to ground warfare, nor would we really need to commit to those types of battles unless they arrived on our reality's Earth.
                    I don't think it's been established whether or not shielded units can be beamed up using Asgard transporters so that could be an option (unless I've missed something there) I think Heru'Ur had personal shield tech in Thor's Chariot and he didn't want to stick around when Thor was beaming up his Jaffa so that could potentially work IMO.

I'm pretty sure with the Asgard knowledge base area 51 could develop some better tech for ground warfare if the foe our armies faced necessitated it, but using the stuff we had facing the Goauld I agree the Chimera would own us.
                    Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 08 March 2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

does ground warfare matter? destroy all their ships and they are powerless.

Comment

IMO it would all depend where the battles took place.
                        Of course if they came into the Stargate universe's reality via ships then I doubt they'd have any tech that can match Asgard/Tauri stuff in the space battle stakes, but if they traveled through some portals in that reality's Earth and started their own ground campaign then ground warfare would be a necessity.

Comment

Working...
                        X